First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like an airplane hanger compared to my 67 Bronco!
Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely less space on the 2dr Bronco than my 2Dr LJ.
The 2 door LJ is the perfect combination of wheelbase and storage space--not to mention the bullet proof 4.0L, in-line 6. If Jeep still made them, I wouldn't be on this forum--I'd be driving a new LJ. Who knows, maybe the new competition will resurrect an LJ sized Wrangler.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fold flat just isnt happening for this truck. The load floor is too low since the spare is on the tailgate. I understand that many are not happy with the hump, but it's not at the fault of the engineering of the seats. We're effectively complaining about the load floor being too low, and the cargo space being too tall. The cargo volume stats are accomplished by the HEIGHT of the space. 26" from load floor to the top of the seat backs is massive compared to other trucks. Unibody SUV are like 19" high. As for the 4 door - a lot of guys dont realize that to achieve a flat floor on the 4 door with the pull out tray means giving back upwards of 20% of your 'usable' cargo volume in the process (when you factor in the slant of the seat).

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew this was going to be a problem but its really starting to dawn on me how little space is back there. I know it "has more than wrangler" however its not even big enough for my cooler.

I think ford needs to take notice and next time they redesign this car they should 100% shoot for fold flat and FLUSH seating like the bronco sport. This way , if you get a 4 door or a 2 door your ability to store things is exponentially increased.
You've obviously been around for the initial cargo area discussions here. Is it going to jump you to a 4DR now for that extra bit of space? Or just getting a queasy feeling that'll pass?

I drive a Ram 1500 full size crew cab so I'm gonna have to make some slight packing adjustments with the 2DR on trips. I'm not getting a roof rack either but I'll have a hitch mounted cargo basket on standby if needed. It'll keep me from overpacking the truck bed just because its there.

Kids have own cars now so a family sized vehicle isn't a concern

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting a two door as well. I am not unhappy with the size of the cargo area because I understand that the interior dimensions are limited by the exterior dimensions. Seems like there are a lot of people who can't figure that out. Instead of getting mad that the cargo area on the two door is smaller than their needs, they should be looking for a different vehicle that does suit their needs. It's not rocket surgery.

Trunk runs from bumper to rear window, only limited by the incredibly low trunk lid height and the fact the fuel tank is under the trunk. you can't fit corpses on their sides, must be on back or front, limiting it to a 3-corpse trunk at best.
I prefer to transport bodies in an enclosed trunk over an open cargo area myself. If you need to haul more than three, might I suggest a Coupe DeVille?

Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2-Door is the perfect size if you are pulling your Bronco with your RV.. I named my RV the BSV-“Bronco Support Vehicle”

8A18B3C3-060B-4EDB-B452-A070FC16BA0B.jpeg

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to get some motorcycle saddle bags from Givi like the New Defender has and mount them over the rear quarter windows. That'll be cool. :cool:

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Husker trying to find it... but it looks like 4 door only for now... sorry

Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering 8A18B3C3-060B-4EDB-B452-A070FC16BA0B
That explains why I missed it. I tend to only focus on 2-Dr stuff...Thanks for helping.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2-door has the cargo capacity of a VW GTI. I don't see the point of an off-road vehicle that doesn't have space for a half-decent amount of gear without racks. Even the 4-door Bronco doesn't have a lot of capacity.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your buying a Bronco for storage space, you’re prolly the same person that buys a truck based off the tailgate

Hope you're proud of yourself, the internet at it's finest.

Sponsored

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2-door has the cargo capacity of a VW GTI. I don't see the point of an off-road vehicle that doesn't have space for a half-decent amount of gear without racks. Even the 4-door Bronco doesn't have a lot of capacity.
I see the point. Hence, I’m getting a 2D. You don’t see the point, so get a 4D or if that still doesn’t carry enough, get a Raptor. Hell, go big and get a 2-1/2 ton surplus military cargo truck. It’s great to have choices!

K_Cradd

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It has enough room for my hockey equipment a case of beer and that is all that matters to me storage wise. :)

turtle553

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without most people being able to see it in person before ordering, it may be easier to think it has space similar to gen 4 or 5 broncos rather than gen 1.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If a vehicle doesn't meet your needs, then don't buy it. People seem to be bitching and complaining a lot about what they wish X-Bronco was, rather than selecting the model that meets their needs.

I like the size of the 2dr. I don't want a big ass vehicle. If I did, I would get the 4dr and be happy.

I feel like some folks need to get out of the house, go for a walk, and forget about the bronco for a while. People are getting silly crazy thinking up shit to be mad about.

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The room in the back of the 2 door is still more room than my 2010 or 2017 Explorers have for cargo with the third row up, so the 2 door storage area is a pleasant surprise to me.
Sponsored