jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I H8 the Spare Tire on the rear. Wonder how it would look (What is behind the tire holder) removed and stored in the vehicle?
Not good. All trims have the same published length, which means the 'camera pole' and mounting bracket in total are more than 12.4" long (thats the depth of the sasquatch tire). Its probably 14" long since the spare tire isnt exactly touching the tailgate
Sponsored

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not good. All trims have the same published length, which means the 'camera pole' and mounting bracket in total are more than 12.4" long (thats the depth of the sasquatch tire). Its probably 14" long since the spare tire isnt exactly touching the tailgate
Good point, I hadn't considered the camera...Looks like a Modification coming from someone.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The real crime is that when you ditch the back seat you are left with exposed studs coming out of the floor. I had intended to barn the back seat and put down a carpet or something with a small sub, but those studs make it painful. Cut them off, replace with quick nuts or fab something.

BTW the studs have already been talked about to death, but this photo is a help to visualize just how small it is back there. I'll see if I can find a pic without seats with the pokey studs on display.

Photo from this thread courtesy
618TRVLWILD

2021-bronco-parts-wiring-1-jpg.jpg
those are nipples

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a TJ and this looks WAY roomier
I had a YJ. Either unbolt the rear seat and take it out, or leave it in and store a few pieces of paper behind it. No middle ground.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All they would have to do is dust off the plans for the old Bronco II, it had fold flat rear seats. 3" more rear overhang would fix the rear storage issue, and allow them to ignore safety and put the fuel tank behind the axle to improve ground clearance. ......but I'm still getting a '21!
It would aggravate the rock crawlers (due to departure angle) but I'd be fine with 10-12" overhang, I had at least that much on my K-5 Blazer and it was never a problem. Regardless, I'm getting a 2 door and I'll remove the rear seats. I haven't had more than one passenger in my pickup in at least 5 years.

Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering extb

Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

these retarded snarky comments are annoying. Yes believe it or not people need storage in their vehicles and engineering solutions for this is not rocket science so kindly be quiet
Have you been to this forum before? Thick skin required

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks perfect to me and probably more room than the back seat of my access cab Tacoma. I never have to carry a lot of stuff so I don't see the issue. Not sure who getting a 2 door has to carry that much shit? If you have a family I assume you are going 4 door anyway..

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been a 2-door guy since Day 1, and finally converted my reservation today, but I really struggled with the 4-door there at the end.

My biggest reservation about the 2-D is it pretty much excludes sleeping comfortably inside the vehicle.

I just got back from a trip to AZ/UT, where I lived out of the back of a JKU for about 2 weeks - and while it wasn't perfect sleeping back there it worked out OK. With the cubic foot space ratings I've seen online, the 4D would be more space than the JKU, but the 2D is significantly less.

But for me, sleeping back there won't be a frequent event. It would be weird to pay $4k more to up-size just to handle the rare occasion I'd be doing that, and that comes at the extra function cost of all that overage size I don't need/want the rest of the time. Plus the 2-door is still a heck of a lot more interior space than I've been in for almost 2 decades (1st gen Tundra access cab).

2-door, back seats removed, and I'll be thrilled over 90% of the time. I'll figure out what to do about that other 10% later.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. It forces me to be more minimalistic.
2. It's what the roof rack is for!

It's just me and my son, so the back seat will never get use anyhow. That is where I can store anything that won't fit in the back cargo area.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2dr Bronco was not designed to be a people/parcel hauler. It was designed for a driver and 1 or 2 (or zero) occupants to go rock crawling, and get away from the crowd ( which’s begs the question....why bring the crowd with you?) and and participate in other challenging off-road excursions in remote, hard to get to places. Maybe a several couples in their own 2dr Broncos, carrying minimal gear hitting the backroads. It was also designed to compete with the Jeep, and I would venture to say Ford will have little interest in adding overhang and losing departure angle bragging rights in order to make accommodations that defy the vehicles intended purpose. They did, however, build a 4dr, which has a bit more room. And at some point they will need to address roof storage with Sasquatch. But if people are unable to make those concessions regarding storage space then perhaps the 2dr Bronco isn’t for them. The Bronco Sport has around 32” of cargo space with the seats up, and it has a rock crawl mode for the Badlands model.....

32’ that is.

Last edited:

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just need to fit two of these back there and I’m good to go!
Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering 54E4F5CF-E6DA-4E35-B57F-32B8A0ECEDE8

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need a page for fabrication/design stuff... maybe we could share concepts and possibly pieces... to alleviate the aftermarket costs maybe. If nothing else just to see the cool stuff other folks are making.

just a thought
Sponsored