Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those back seats fold flat, there’s just that 4” difference in height.....Sheesh!
A lot of you have never played Tetris and it shows.
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just need to fit two of these back there and I’m go to go!
How many days are you going for if the tent can't fit inside of an 80L? I'm a huge fan of clean pack. My 55L for 3 days and the tent still goes inside, and I'm not ultra-light....maybe medium-light. Tent poles do go outside, where hiking poles would strap to.

Wish I could swing a 2DR but between this guy, and the wife's gear, and the friends we'll drag out couldn't swing it
Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering DSC_0052.JPG

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How many days are you going for if the tent can't fit inside of an 80L? I'm a huge fan of clean pack. My 55L for 3 days and the tent still goes inside, and I'm not ultra-light....maybe medium-light. Tent poles do go outside, where hiking poles would strap to.

Wish I could swing a 2DR but between this guy, and the wife's gear, and the friends we'll drag out couldn't swing it
Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering DSC_0052.JPG
That particular trip was 5 days:4 nights, and I was carrying my GF’s extras.
But I always hang my tent off the back, just how I roll ✌🏼😎

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely less space on the 2dr Bronco than my 2Dr LJ.
It's definitely not. In fact, it's 75% bigger (12.9 behind the seats in the Jeep, and 22.4 in the Bronco).

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got the roof rack on my two door for any “guest’s” packs. And this one squeezes in next to you regardless of how much room she has.
Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering 7FF23610-0AB7-4358-9C12-20BEFBC619B8

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in a similar boat. It's just me and my wife (no dog, no kids)

My wife said, "we already have a 4 door, get a two-door."

And honestly, if a second 4 door A-to-B car is needed, we can probably get something used for under 15k, four of which can come from what we would have spent on the 4 door bronco. ;)

I'm so torn now. Between this, getting a BL or Wildtrack, I will most likely miss the deadline, and have to wait till 2025. At that point, we'll probably have a kid already, and will need the four-door.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That particular trip was 5 days:4 nights, and I was carrying my GF’s extras.
But I always hang my tent off the back, just how I roll ✌🏼😎
That's a long trip! I refuse to carry my wife's extras. She can carry her own box (bag) of wine! That's 11lbs!

BUT I will drink it when the whiskey runs out.

Sponsored

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I knew this was going to be a problem but its really starting to dawn on me how little space is back there. I know it "has more than wrangler" however its not even big enough for my cooler.

I think ford needs to take notice and next time they redesign this car they should 100% shoot for fold flat and FLUSH seating like the bronco sport. This way , if you get a 4 door or a 2 door your ability to store things is exponentially increased.

2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Space.jpeg

Added another view:

Edit: non-fishbowl photo, and video
7CE4BC21-23FC-4065-9F38-D0ADEF99D09C.jpeg

For reference, here are actual measured dimensions diagrams:

1615395131257-png.png

1615395139585-png.png

4-Door for comparison:

1615395182525-png.png
What if instead of trying to make the seat fold flush, make the cargo area flush? With a mat or liner or something similar for example, it’ll subtract a few inches of height but it may fix the issue for most and make it an even space

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
losing 4 inches of vertical space in the car is NOTHING compared to gaining feet of horizontal space

so yes that is literally a good solution
Not being snarky, but I don't understand this. If the cargo area was higher, you'd end up with less overall room but a flat floor. I can see where that would be helpful if you're hauling sheets of wood or something, but not sure what a big difference it makes otherwise. You could always build up the cargo area yourself. If the after-market thinks there's more than 10 people that actually care about this, there'll be an insert you can buy.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool, so it’s just an annoyance not a dealbreaker. Although flush would’ve been nicer it will still be good to be able to throw your cooler, etc. up on top of the seats when folded down.
You still can. And if it's a concern about the cooler moving around and you can't keep it in place with your other gear, well, that's what those Molle seat backs are for. Seems like a good way to bungee the cooler in place.