Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rocks are hopefully only hitting your running boards… the Goodyear’s are like glue to small rocks…

I feel for those folks who have to follow me after off roading.

Engine shut off at stop also was annoying however I got used to it…
Hitting the off button every startup was annoying too so I just decided to get used to it…. Also turning the steering wheel slightly starts up the engine…

The windows “popping” the door open ” (when opening the door )
drives me nuts too!!!
I leave them cracked slightly… problem solved… however this too gets monotonous….

my 4door SASQ BD gets 19.8 mpg with 500 miles of driving on ECO.
Mid 17’s mpg with normal mode….

So for you to get such great mileage is cool!!! Especially with SASQUATCH….
I mean 85 lbs of rotating tire mass takes a lot to spin up….

great thread…
Your blue 2door is absolutely beautiful!!!!!

congrats!!!!!!

Also, I changed oil/filter to fully synthetic oil after 1500 miles (breaking).

The Ford synthetic blend is not my jam. I feel fully synthetic base will not crack (the carbon chains aka oxidize) at high heat like dinosaur base oil….
Twin Turbos deserve/require the best oil money can buy and changed every 5k!!!
My 2cents😁
Sponsored

Last edited:

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yea.... rocks.... got chipped windshield my second time out in her.... wtf..... thinnest windshield i have ever seen....
:cry:

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The rocks are hopefully only hitting your running boards… the Goodyear’s are like glue to small rocks…

I feel for those folks who have to follow me after off roading.

Engine shut off at stop also was annoying however I got used to it…
Hitting the off button every startup was annoying too so I just decided to get used to it…. Also turning the steering wheel slightly starts up the engine…

The windows “popping” the door open ” (when opening the door )
drives me nuts too!!!
I leave them cracked slightly… problem solved… however this too gets monotonous….

my 4door SASQ BD gets 19.8 mpg with 500 miles of driving on ECO.
Mid 17’s mpg with normal mode….

So for you to get such great mileage is cool!!! Especially with SASQUATCH….
I mean 85 lbs of rotating tire mass takes a lot to spin up….

great thread…
Your blue 2door is absolutely beautiful!!!!!

congrats!!!!!!

Also, I changed oil/filter to fully synthetic oil after 1500 miles (breaking).

The Ford synthetic blend is not my jam. I feel fully synthetic base will not crack (the carbon chains aka oxidize) at high heat like dinosaur base oil….
Twin Turbos deserve/require the best oil money can buy and changed every 5k!!!
My 2cents😁
The window thing drives me a bit insane. My issue is more with basically having to slam the door to get it to shut so the window will roll up. It's honestly my biggest issue with this car right now (which is a good thing by the way because thing is surpassing my expectations).

I think why it triggers me so much is because my Porsche Cayman has frameless windows. It's not intrusive at all. It's actually seamless. In fact, you can barely pull the door closed and the window will pop back up. You can open the door as hard/fast or as slow/soft as you want and the only reason you know the window is popping down is because you can hear the motor in the window.

I get it, comparing a Porsche to a Bronco isn't really fair. But Porsche isn't exactly known for their intuitiveness and this is exactly the type of thing which wouldn't work well on a Porsche and many would laugh at as a 'quirk'.

I love the fact that Ford designed this with frameless windows. It looks great, its purposeful when removing the top and doors. I'd take this with the poor execution of the window dropping down than having frames. They just botched the execution of it works. It seems like such a simple thing too.
Sponsored