Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look at how many F-150’s you see with 33s, 34s, or even 35s. Their max gear ratio is 3.73, but hardly anyone actually custom ordered their own F-150. Almost all F-150’s are bought off the lot, and almost all of those have 3.15 or 3.31 ratios.

Yeah, it’s not optimal, but somehow those dudes live with it.
Sponsored

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have 3.73 gears and 35s on our Bronco with the 2.3L. In my opinion for 90% street driving and 10% off-road driving this combo is perfectly fine. If you are building an off road beast that will be a dedicated off-roader or weekend warrior that is not daily driven then of course go for the larger gear ratio. I think most people like us will have zero problems with 35s on 3.73.

We did not lose any speed or driveability and the looks are amazing. I am nearly certain that most Wranglers on the road are running 3.73s.

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have 3.73 gears and 35s on our Bronco with the 2.3L. In my opinion for 90% street driving and 10% off-road driving this combo is perfectly fine. If you are building an off road beast that will be a dedicated off-roader or weekend warrior that is not daily driven then of course go for the larger gear ratio. I think most people like us will have zero problems with 35s on 3.73.

We did not lose any speed or driveability and the looks are amazing. I am nearly certain that most Wranglers on the road are running 3.73s.
I think you give Wranglers too much credit. I'd say most of the ones sold in the last several years have 3.42 axles
Sponsored