Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“Those in the room said the SUV has a retro design, featuring a rectangular grille, round headlights and the word "Bronco" stamped across the front.” from the recent news of the dealer preview it sounds like we were right. I’m glad they’re emphasizing the Bronco name on the grille too. Also will have a removable hard top and doors. I think it’s going to be better than everyone’s already high expectations.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2004 prototype design of the second one never really appealed to me much. It's just trying too hard to be futuristic.
Exactly!! It's funny how polarizing that prototype was, especially the original silver one, people either love it or hate it.
I freaking absolutely hate the grill on it. Disgusting.
But if I get past that and look at the other body lines, there was potential. But it took me until just a few years ago to get to that point.

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still think Motor Trend’s is probably one of the most accurate renders for the overall shape and front.
Yep, if Ford comes out with the Bronco looking like this - straight off the production line - then I am a buyer. :) However I don't ike how the grille looks on this one. But that is an easy swap with an aftermarket piece. Just as the rims. These rims are for street racers, not for off-roaders. I presume Ford will put some more serious rims on the Bronco. If not, then these can be changed too. But it takes more $.

But this render has got some serious approach / departure / breakover angles and ground clearance. Let's hope for the best.

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ooohh and a two tone paint job would be a nice touch :like: white roof with the other availble colors ;)

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Overall, like it a lot as long as roof comes off.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can anyone confirm that the "prototype" shown to dealers wasn't just the same old 2004 concept? rectangle grille, round lights, bronco stamping etc. Sounds almost too familiar without any new details. I'd love a retro inspired bronco for sure but i don't want a 2021 vehicle that was designed in 2004... The MT render is nice. It just needs a tailgate mounted spare, different grille, and two tone paint.

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still think Motor Trend’s is probably one of the most accurate renders for the overall shape and front.

2020-Ford-Bronco-illustration-Avarvarii-1.jpg

https://www.motortrend.com/news/202...os/#2020-ford-bronco-illustration-avarvarii-1
If this is the look of the Bronco, I will be pre-ordering as soon as the order banks open. I don't care what the axles are as long as they are Dana's. Independent or solid, if it's Dana I trust it because its the best on the market. Get me through "Fins and Things" and let me get part of the way through "Hell's revenge" and I will be content and happy with the new Bronco's stock offroad capabilities.

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can anyone confirm that the "prototype" shown to dealers wasn't just the same old 2004 concept? rectangle grille, round lights, bronco stamping etc. Sounds almost too familiar without any new details. I'd love a retro inspired bronco for sure but i don't want a 2021 vehicle that was designed in 2004... The MT render is nice. It just needs a tailgate mounted spare, different grille, and two tone paint.
If it was the 2004 concept, do you suppose it would be taking them this long to bring it to production? Rectanglular grille and round lights could evoke thousands of different designs, the 2004 concept only one of them.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it was the 2004 concept, do you suppose it would be taking them this long to bring it to production? Rectanglular grille and round lights could evoke thousands of different designs, the 2004 concept only one of them.
The 2004 concept was originally built on a car platform IIRC, so ... maybe.

The descriptions have been fairly vague though. "A picture is worth a thousand words" ... and would settle a lot of confusion.

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those renderings are nice but I heard that Ford is putting the side mirrors on the A-pillars. The renderings look to still have them on the doors. I might be over-thinking this.

usza200

Black Diamond
First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys

since there are no news about the Bronco design check out these Troller concepts instead. They are good for a little drooling and wishing and dreaming and....

https://www.behance.net/gallery/65616789/Troller-T4-Xtreme

It seems to me that Ford was experimenting with it down south (aka Brazil) and maybe we shall see some items (probably more refined for production) on the Bronco. I can see resemblence in the F-150 / Ranger Raptor front bumper, the interesting looking door resembles the patent of the removable doors / protective bars, mirrors seem to be on body at the base of the A pillar, engine hood shape.

There is the Ford Design tag on the right side of the dash ;), but in a motor1 article it says that it is the Brazilian design team's results here. (https://www.motor1.com/news/128303/troller-t4-xtreme-concept-bronco/)

Most of this was done in 2016. The last photo gives a little perspective about the size / parameters of the car. If the Bronco would be something like this straight off the production line, then I would just empty my deposit in the bank and run to the dealership.
Sponsored