Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have a 2022 4-door OBX Bronco with 19,611 miles that I’ve had for 1 year and 3 months. It’s been a pleasure to own until recently. Back in October noticed a small puddle of fluid in the garage floor near the rear passenger side wheel. After some undercarriage inspection, finally saw fluid coming from the axle seal. Thankfully nothing too serious and was able to get it to our ford dealership where it was purchased to get repaired. All ended up being fixed no problems, but definitely not a normal repair to ever have to make with such a new vehicle (in my personal opinion anyway). Three months later I saw again the same type fluid on my garage floor, but this time near the front of the bronco. After some more investigation, found a leak coming from the drive shaft seal at the transmission. Again nothing too serious, as far as not being able to drive it and got it back to the dealership for repair. Of course this time around it’s right around Christmas time, perfect timing…. Had the seal replaced last Friday (12.22.23) and got it back home. Drove it the next day around town and heard squeaking sounds coming from the front driver’s tire when the breaks where applied. Almost like a brake pad indicator. Not sounds we ever had prior to this most recent repair work. Proceeded to drive and then heard rattling noises coming from the same drivers side wheel/axle, especially when going over small bumps or manhole covers in the road. Sounded like the axle was loose and was going to come off. At this point, started heading home, cus I’m getting worried if it will actually make it home or break down. The sounds now coming from the front undercarriage were getting worse and pieces of something were physically flying off the bottom of the bronco while driving. I immediately pulled over to a gas station that was close by, thankfully. Walked back down the road to see what the heck come off the bronco. Could only find a wheel weight that matched what was on the wheels already…very odd and not what I was expecting to find. Now pulled over got the bronco towed back to the dealership, cus I didn’t want to cause anymore problems and didn’t feel safe driving it. Had to get an Uber home and with the holiday will not know what’s going on until after Christmas. Definitely puts a damper in our travel plans and certainly not something I’d ever thought I would have to deal with such a new vehicle. Needless to say I absolutely love the Bronco, but NOT very happy at the moment with the problems we are having to deal with. I’m thinking maybe I should have listened to my gut originally when purchasing this Bronco and not buy a Ford…which I only waited 18 months for it to arrive.

IMG_0594.jpeg
Sponsored

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

your first post..:rolleyes: so get rid of it, and never buy another Ford. I feel the same about Toyota and GM junk..good luck!

Wyatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you love it just get it repaired and keep going yes it sucks but every brand has some new cars with issues. What I’m saying is you can trade out of a vehicle you love get another and it could also have issues too. New doesn’t mean it won’t have problems.

OP
OP

Der3k!7

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

your first post..:rolleyes: so get rid of it, and never buy another Ford. I feel the same about Toyota and GM junk..good luck!
Thanks! Yes my first post and you’re right a lot of other junk out there.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have a 2022 4-door OBX Bronco with 19,611 miles that I’ve had for 1 year and 3 months. It’s been a pleasure to own until recently. Back in October noticed a small puddle of fluid in the garage floor near the rear passenger side wheel. After some undercarriage inspection, finally saw fluid coming from the axle seal. Thankfully nothing too serious and was able to get it to our ford dealership where it was purchased to get repaired. All ended up being fixed no problems, but definitely not a normal repair to ever have to make with such a new vehicle (in my personal opinion anyway). Three months later I saw again the same type fluid on my garage floor, but this time near the front of the bronco. After some more investigation, found a leak coming from the drive shaft seal at the transmission. Again nothing too serious, as far as not being able to drive it and got it back to the dealership for repair. Of course this time around it’s right around Christmas time, perfect timing…. Had the seal replaced last Friday (12.22.23) and got it back home. Drove it the next day around town and heard squeaking sounds coming from the front driver’s tire when the breaks where applied. Almost like a brake pad indicator. Not sounds we ever had prior to this most recent repair work. Proceeded to drive and then heard rattling noises coming from the same drivers side wheel/axle, especially when going over small bumps or manhole covers in the road. Sounded like the axle was loose and was going to come off. At this point, started heading home, cus I’m getting worried if it will actually make it home or break down. The sounds now coming from the front undercarriage were getting worse and pieces of something were physically flying off the bottom of the bronco while driving. I immediately pulled over to a gas station that was close by, thankfully. Walked back down the road to see what the heck come off the bronco. Could only find a wheel weight that matched what was on the wheels already…very odd and not what I was expecting to find. Now pulled over got the bronco towed back to the dealership, cus I didn’t want to cause anymore problems and didn’t feel safe driving it. Had to get an Uber home and with the holiday will not know what’s going on until after Christmas. Definitely puts a damper in our travel plans and certainly not something I’d ever thought I would have to deal with such a new vehicle. Needless to say I absolutely love the Bronco, but NOT very happy at the moment with the problems we are having to deal with. I’m thinking maybe I should have listened to my gut originally when purchasing this Bronco and not buy a Ford…which I only waited 18 months for it to arrive.

Ford Bronco 2022 OBX leaking seals & rattling noises IMG_0594
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FYI, if its another warranty repair, MAKE SURE you get a CASE NUMBER from the Ford rep who reached out to you. THE DEALER HAS TO PROVIDE A LOANER, OR A RENTAL CAR FREE OF CHARGE AS PART OF THE MFG WARRANTY .
Sponsored