First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how many of us California buying Bronco owners got shafted by the first series of hardtop roofs that leak. Also how many of us waited for about two years to find a bad leaky build on the hardtop, then immediately when we found out took to the dealer closest to us and they could not duplicate the problem. Please respond so I can get the idea that I am not the only one. Thank for the future responses much appreciated. I have not done too much research on this as I travel a lot for work and work many long hours just to afford this dang truck for the wife but mind you I am so f-ing pissed off at spending over 62k and having a leaking hardtop a crappy paint finish on the hinges of the rear door and finding rushed unfinished and bubbling paint in the tire changing tools compartment floor this is pretty pathetic that now a days cars are just pushed down the line by some of these companies. I should have just bought her an Audi A7 or anything built better even if it cost more but I thought it would be a cool gift she would not know about for almost 2 years. Any how these are my thoughts on this truck I bought it because it looked cool at the time and she has always been the beautiful cool mom. Remember it is not so cool anymore when the crap leaks into the cabin and will eventually rust and form mildew on the rear seats because water is running into the damn foam of the rear bench seat. Let me know what you guys and girls think of these problems.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how many of us California buying Bronco owners got shafted by the first series of hardtop roofs that leak. Also how many of us waited for about two years to find a bad leaky build on the hardtop, then immediately when we found out took to the dealer closest to us and they could not duplicate the problem. Please respond so I can get the idea that I am not the only one. Thank for the future responses much appreciated. I have not done too much research on this as I travel a lot for work and work many long hours just to afford this dang truck for the wife but mind you I am so f-ing pissed off at spending over 62k and having a leaking hardtop a crappy paint finish on the hinges of the rear door and finding rushed unfinished and bubbling paint in the tire changing tools compartment floor this is pretty pathetic that now a days cars are just pushed down the line by some of these companies. I should have just bought her an Audi A7 or anything built better even if it cost more but I thought it would be a cool gift she would not know about for almost 2 years. Any how these are my thoughts on this truck I bought it because it looked cool at the time and she has always been the beautiful cool mom. Remember it is not so cool anymore when the crap leaks into the cabin and will eventually rust and form mildew on the rear seats because water is running into the damn foam of the rear bench seat. Let me know what you guys and girls think of these problems.
Go to search field in the top right of this page, click on it. Type "leaking" in the field, and hit search. That should give you an idea of how many other people have dealt with the issues, its usually some seals up by the windshield. That took about four seconds so, "not having time" is probably a lame excuse. You've put no effort into it at all.

We had a shitload of rain last year, where was your bronco parked then?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your frustration is understandable. You're certainly not the only one across the country, not just CA. Dealers seem to be experts in not being able to duplicate a situation. Many have had faulty top seals replaced under warranty. Pull your front and mid panels off an inspect every inch of the seals for adhesion. By all accounts I have seen here the seal on the rear clamshell is not correctly adhered causing water to drip on the rear seat.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

2022BRONCOH

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to search field in the top right of this page, click on it. Type "leaking" in the field, and hit search. That should give you an idea of how many other people have dealt with the issues, its usually some seals up by the windshield. That took about four seconds so, "not having time" is probably a lame excuse. You've put no effort into it at all.

We had a shitload of rain last year, where was your bronco parked then?
Back then it was leaking and for your information we own many cars this car sits most of the time unlike you calling not having time a lame excuse you probably have an answer to everything since you probably are not working year round like myself traveling making the money to pay for these junk c
Your frustration is understandable. You're certainly not the only one across the country, not just CA. Dealers seem to be experts in not being able to duplicate a situation. Many have had faulty top seals replaced under warranty. Pull your front and mid panels off an inspect every inch of the seals for adhesion. By all accounts I have seen here the seal on the rear clamshell is not correctly adhered causing water to drip on the rear seat.
Pulled them off and they pull them off also but could not duplicate the problem the first time in February of 2023 mind you I received our Bronco in late September of 2022 but thank you for the reply will check on them again also this numb skull that answered prior to you mentioned something of me not having time to look into the threads I am not a big fan of social media but was really f-ing missed off that during our downpour in southern California it happened again light rain it does not drip but due to the heavy rain it drips in the driver side and middle rear by the steel roll bar just above the rear interior lamps

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back then it was leaking and for your information we own many cars this car sits most of the time unlike you calling not having time a lame excuse you probably have an answer to everything since you probably are not working year round like myself traveling making the money to pay for these junk c

Pulled them off and they pull them off also but could not duplicate the problem the first time in February of 2023 mind you I received our Bronco in late September of 2022 but thank you for the reply will check on them again also this numb skull that answered prior to you mentioned something of me not having time to look into the threads I am not a big fan of social media but was really f-ing missed off that during our downpour in southern California it happened again light rain it does not drip but due to the heavy rain it drips in the driver side and middle rear by the steel roll bar just above the rear interior lamps
You should trade it in, sounds like you don't have time to even use it. I'll sell you the shitty ass soft top I just pulled off my rig :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

2022BRONCOH

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No thanks blacktrooper,
I was suppose to get both tops but just glad I did not since the so-called mold in color is a plain black hardtop and not Molded in the actual cactus grey like it was promised by Ford because they could not make the promise of adding color to plastic or what ever material they fabricated the hardtop from they are just another shitty sales person not a man because they have no Word and Person with no word is just a dickless fool
Ford = Broken promises
But I guess that is just Ford

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish the leaky roof had been my only issue. Sunday was 1 year of ownership of my Sept 22 build 2 door with approximately 37 days at the dealer for issues. From dying driving down highway driving home from purchase and needing a new PCM to two trips for leaky hardtop roof. First time in for leaky roof they couldn't find/cause it. 2nd time they did. Also there is a TSB out for this exact problem. Mine was caused by the hardtop seal along the back of t-tops and doors. The TSB explains how to determine if it's the front seal or the rear seal.

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully if you opt for an A7, it is safer and less dangerous than the Super 90 my family bought years back. Pure lemon. Good luck with your bronco.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like my old boss would say… “you want a happy wife? Give her an Audi and an allowance.”

but in all seriousness, I’d be livid too. I assume you escalated this to Ford customer service and they probably didn’t do much to help? I ended up switching to the soft top on my order because I had heard of the shoddy quality of the MIC and I thought aftermarket would eventually bring something better. That time has finally come and my Turn hardtop is exactly what I was hoping for. Hate to say it but you might want to see if you can warranty it, then sell it. Or, if you really want it off your hands, just sell it as-is to somebody who reallyy wants an OEM top. Maybe they can figure out the rubber gasket and leaking issue.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some people don't like to hear this, but I think you bought the wrong vehicle. Especially since you mentioned buying because it looked cool, having to work extra to pay for it, and that an Audi A7 is even an alternative. Bronco is not going to be a good fit.

OP
OP

2022BRONCOH

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have to work extra but if you buy something at 62k it should not leak many of these Ford cars are unreliable being an owner of many cars the Japanese cars I own have not had any mechanical or cosmetic flaws I mentioned it looks cool or nice according to other people I could care less I am not a fan of new cars owning two muscle cars all the crap people buy now a days are throw away vehicles I am not the one who drives it real men don't drive Broncos at least not the new ones I drive a 4x4 truck made by Chevrolet and that is also a piece of shit everything american is a piece of shit now a days because it is built by people that are not happy at what they do go figure it is not made by Actual Americans who take pride in what they do for a living it is just a push push push manufacturing process and that sucks

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning! If you would like me to look into your concerns, please send over a DM with your VIN and name and location of your Ford dealer.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI, I had my vehicle in today for the 10K service and wiper software recall. While it was there, I had them look at the roof leak I've had since new - water under passenger rear window (I have a 2-door) when it rains hard. The dealer was able to identify and correct the leak ... the window gasket was not seated correctly.

On a side note, they gave me a brand new (never driven) Bronco Sport. Nice econo box, but the I-3 engine is anemic and the trans upshifts quickly at lower speeds and the engine struggles.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI, I had my vehicle in today for the 10K service and wiper software recall. While it was there, I had them look at the roof leak I've had since new - water under passenger rear window (I have a 2-door) when it rains hard. The dealer was able to identify and correct the leak ... the window gasket was not seated correctly.

On a side note, they gave me a brand new (never driven) Bronco Sport. Nice econo box, but the I-3 engine is anemic and the trans upshifts quickly at lower speeds and the engine struggles.
UPDATE: Leak not resolved. Lights rain and the leak is still there. They apparently did not do any work or test for the leak.

Ford Bronco 2022 Hardtop leaking since new IMG_1782
Sponsored