David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Starting this thread to hopefully shed some light on the impending U.S. rail strike that is set to go into effect Dec 9th at 12:01 AM ET. I'll share what I've read on main stream media but I hope others who have different resources can contribute to clear up misleading or confusing statements.

• 9 December 2022 @ 12:01 AM ET - Strike to go into effect if a deal is not made (I've also seen 5 Dec but 9 is most reported)
  • A deal reached in September 2022 was voted on by the workers. The votes were tallied on Monday Nov 21.
  • 4 of 12 rail unions have rejected proposed labor agreements (one union was close at 51% rejected)
  • If one goes on strike, all 12 will honor the strike as well
  • Proposed labor deals focused on money issues; Unions didn't like the work related rules like scheduling and sick leave.
  • Congress could possibly block a strike. (Railway Labor Act)
  • Republicans (who controls the U.S. House starting in Jan) historically favors corporations over unions.

I have a blend date of 28 Nov and Ford customer service says my Estimated Deliver date is 12 Dec. I hope the rail workers get the deal they deserve so they can have a stress free Holidays and so I can have my fancy expensive toy by Christmas.
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good stuff, keep us up to date. I’m probably about the same build/delivery time frame, got me worried.

OP
OP
EpicExplorer

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Public Meeting set for Tonight 11/23

Ford Bronco 2022 U.S. Rail Strike Tracker Screenshot_20221123-172338

The more I read into it, this strike has me less concerned about my Bronco....

It could be economically devastating if the strike happens as it could lead to another recession.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pure greed on the company's part. First they doubled the length of trains. Now you regularly see 2 mile long consists. That eliminates 2 men. Now they want to change the crews to 1 man per that 2 mile train. Anyone with half a brain can see how unsafe that would be. And that doesn't even touch on the BS they do to the poor guys with scheduling and points. But as long as the CEOs get their millions, screw the little guy. This has been several years in the making and not about the hourly wage.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco purchase has been painful every step of the way. Having it delayed even more because the timing of a rail strike would not be a surprise... The off-road gods do not want me to get my Bronco.

Sponsored

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Biden administration negotiated an absolute garbage deal for workers in order to punt the strike until after the election. This will ultimately be on the Dems to resolve given early December strike timing. God help us [the entire Country] if the strike is still unresolved in January when GOP gets the gavel in the House. Times are tough right now, but a strike that long would make things unimaginably worse.

OP
OP
EpicExplorer

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
EpicExplorer

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Biden administration negotiated an absolute garbage deal for workers in order to punt the strike until after the election. This will ultimately be on the Dems to resolve given early December strike timing. God help us [the entire Country] if the strike is still unresolved in January when GOP gets the gavel in the House. Times are tough right now, but a strike that long would make things unimaginably worse.
Well here comes strike 3 on this site!!!!!!

The problem with this whole contract is that politicians are even evolved... Unions in this country should not be evolved in politics period. They were formed for the workers, so that business and factory owners treated them fairly. This issue should have been resolved over the summer instead it was " negotiated an absolute garbage deal for workers in order to punt the strike until after the election" So now what will are political geniuses do??? will they fix the problem or push it till next year so they can blame the new House!!!!

Earthier way "We The People" will be the victims

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pure greed on the company's part. First they doubled the length of trains. Now you regularly see 2 mile long consists. That eliminates 2 men. Now they want to change the crews to 1 man per that 2 mile train. Anyone with half a brain can see how unsafe that would be. And that doesn't even touch on the BS they do to the poor guys with scheduling and points. But as long as the CEOs get their millions, screw the little guy. This has been several years in the making and not about the hourly wage.
Agreed, I hope they strike or at least get what they're asking for. Shed some light on the greed and we'll see if they cave or not.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where I work, we are union but not allowed to strike due to being part of critical infrastructures.

Kind of surprised trains are not in that same category.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a railroad guy, but from everything I've read I believe you're 100% correct. Some of the scheduling/on call rules are completely insane. And given the size of these trains I don't see how removing one of the crew would even bump the needle on the profit margin. ( Then again, when taken in whole, it probably means the difference between jumbo shrimp cocktails and Veuve Clicquot vs Stone Crab and Dom on the private jets that fly the suits around. ) Why are the railroads so understaffed? - That's a pretty easy one to answer.

OP
OP
EpicExplorer

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
EpicExplorer

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A bill will be delivered tomorrow morning 11/30 to Congress. It will include the initial agreement (that was proposed in September but rejected by 4 unions) plus some "additional benefits".

See video here via twitter

OP
OP
EpicExplorer

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said lawmakers will vote Wednesday to impose a tentative contract deal struck in September on a dozen unions representing 115,000 workers.

Pelosi said the House would vote separately on Wednesday on a proposal to give seven days of paid sick leave to railroad employees." (reuters.com)

Sounds like the rail workers can still get their sick days.
Sponsored