ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had my 2022 Eruption Green Wildtrak with Lux and Leather for about 2 weeks now. I have put about 800 miles on it, including interstate driving, around town driving, and some off roading as well. I thought I'd put my initial thoughts down for those that are still waiting on their order, or those that are trying to decide what to order.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I have had 3 Jeep's in my life. I still own a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xE. I also have owned multiple F150s, an Explorer Limited and a Porsche Cayenne. I just sold the Porsche and Explorer, and still own the Rubicon, so I can compare directly to those two models.

Overall Impressions (A) I really like the Bronco. It's drive-ability compares more to an F150 than it does the 2021 Wrangler. The improvement from the IFS really shine at highway speeds or during long distance driving. The Bronco interior is comfortable and well designed to me, and the exterior is very well designed and great looking. It feels almost larger than life in person. The Sasquatch package, imho, is a must buy. It really makes the truck. For those

Eruption Green (A+) This color was a great consolation prize for getting bumped to a 2022. It really is fantastic. I have had more people comment on the color than on the Bronco. I have even had a Cactus Gray Bronco owner stop me just to comment on the color. It really looks great in person when the Sun hits it.

Soft Top (B+) Overall I am happy with the soft top. I did measure the decibels, and at 80mph the cabin had 71-74 decibels. Thats a bit louder than my Porsche Cayenne(67-70) but quieter than my Hard Top Rubicon(75-78 decibels). The whipping wind noise on the Jeep hard top makes it feel even louder than the Bronco. The Bronco soft top generally just has more of a background noise to it. It is easy to have a conversation with your kids in the backseat at 80mph. At speeds below 70mph, I could hardly hear any background noise. As for ease of operation, you can open up the main part of the top in about 15 seconds from the drivers seat. It takes about 2 minutes to fully drop the top. The only part I am not a fan of is how the implemented the flip up rear portion. It still stretches the rear windows when you do it, and I cannot imagine they won't look pretty damaged after a year or two of use. Overall, the quality to me compares with the jeep soft tops, but the design is different.

One big thing to note here, is that my Sasquatch Bronco will NOT fit into a standard height garage with the top folded back. It's about 2" too tall. I envision this causing more than one top to get ripped off before its over with. If you want to leave the top flipped back all the time, and park in a garage, you might consider a standard height model(Outer Banks or Black Diamond).

Interior (B+) I got leather, and I am happy with it. Is it as nice as the leather in my Porsche? No, but it is close. And the Porsche stickers for $120k these days, so for what it is I think Ford did a good job. The rest of the interior is well designed, comfortable and well laid out well for a ruggedized off-road vehicle. The seats are very comfortable(better than the Rubicon's seats), and the buttons and controls are of good quality and appropriate for the class. I have seen a lot of complaints of lower quality plastics, and honestly I don't really see it. The plastics quality is similar to the Jeep. My biggest complaint on the interior is the instrument cluster, which is just poorly thought out and not nearly as nice as the Jeep's.

One thing to note, my kids have already complained about a lack of airflow in the back due to the missing A/C vents. I honestly thing its ridiculous that this was missed by the designers. The missing cupholders on non-leather models can easily be mitigated, but the A/C vents are tougher. You either turn the fan speed way up and flow the front passengers out, or the rear seat passengers basically deal with static air. It's not the end of the world, but its certainly not ideal.

Sync 4 /B&O Sound (B+) Overall I am fine the infotainment system. I feel like it could do more than it does, but it does work well for what it does do. I have exclusively used Apple Carplay, and it has been flawless. The B&O sound system is fine, but not as good as the premium alpine system in the Jeep. I really like the 360 surround camera though, and use it all the time. Overall, I am satisfied with the system, but it could be better for what it costs.

Ride quality (A-) My Bronco came from the dealer with a very stiff ride. I checked the tire pressure, and the dealer had the tires way overinflated. I dropped them down to a more reasonable number, and I am very happy with the ride quality. The fox racing suspension on my old Rubicon I think was a bit better, but I would say the ride quality is a bit better than my current stock 2021 Rubicon. Overall, I am pleased with the stock Goodyears and suspension. I have not really had any rock throwing issues, and the tires aren't noisy on the road.

Exterior (A+) It looks great. The size of the Bronco, dimensions, etc are very well done. Theres no other way to put it. Sasquatch, imho, is a must buy. It really sets the truck off, and you can tell it was always intended to look this way.

Problems Encountered The only real issue I have so far is the frameless windows. My passenger side one does not seem to drop quickly enough, and when we open the door it shakes. Only the one door seems to have the problem, as the other 3 doors don't do this. I tried the calibration procedure I saw on the forums, but it did not help. I may have to take it to the dealer and see if they can adjust it.

IMG_2631.jpeg
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had my 2022 Eruption Green Wildtrak with Lux and Leather for about 2 weeks now. I have put about 800 miles on it, including interstate driving, around town driving, and some off roading as well. I thought I'd put my initial thoughts down for those that are still waiting on their order, or those that are trying to decide what to order.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I have had 3 Jeep's in my life. I still own a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xE. I also have owned multiple F150s, an Explorer Limited and a Porsche Cayenne. I just sold the Porsche and Explorer, and still own the Rubicon, so I can compare directly to those two models.

Overall Impressions (A) I really like the Bronco. It's drive-ability compares more to an F150 than it does the 2021 Wrangler. The improvement from the IFS really shine at highway speeds or during long distance driving. The Bronco interior is comfortable and well designed to me, and the exterior is very well designed and great looking. It feels almost larger than life in person. The Sasquatch package, imho, is a must buy. It really makes the truck. For those

Eruption Green (A+) This color was a great consolation prize for getting bumped to a 2022. It really is fantastic. I have had more people comment on the color than on the Bronco. I have even had a Cactus Gray Bronco owner stop me just to comment on the color. It really looks great in person when the Sun hits it.

Soft Top (B+) Overall I am happy with the soft top. I did measure the decibels, and at 80mph the cabin had 71-74 decibels. Thats a bit louder than my Porsche Cayenne(67-70) but quieter than my Hard Top Rubicon(75-78 decibels). The whipping wind noise on the Jeep hard top makes it feel even louder than the Bronco. The Bronco soft top generally just has more of a background noise to it. It is easy to have a conversation with your kids in the backseat at 80mph. At speeds below 70mph, I could hardly hear any background noise. As for ease of operation, you can open up the main part of the top in about 15 seconds from the drivers seat. It takes about 2 minutes to fully drop the top. The only part I am not a fan of is how the implemented the flip up rear portion. It still stretches the rear windows when you do it, and I cannot imagine they won't look pretty damaged after a year or two of use. Overall, the quality to me compares with the jeep soft tops, but the design is different.

One big thing to note here, is that my Sasquatch Bronco will NOT fit into a standard height garage with the top folded back. It's about 2" too tall. I envision this causing more than one top to get ripped off before its over with. If you want to leave the top flipped back all the time, and park in a garage, you might consider a standard height model(Outer Banks or Black Diamond).

Interior (B+) I got leather, and I am happy with it. Is it as nice as the leather in my Porsche? No, but it is close. And the Porsche stickers for $120k these days, so for what it is I think Ford did a good job. The rest of the interior is well designed, comfortable and well laid out well for a ruggedized off-road vehicle. The seats are very comfortable(better than the Rubicon's seats), and the buttons and controls are of good quality and appropriate for the class. I have seen a lot of complaints of lower quality plastics, and honestly I don't really see it. The plastics quality is similar to the Jeep. My biggest complaint on the interior is the instrument cluster, which is just poorly thought out and not nearly as nice as the Jeep's.

One thing to note, my kids have already complained about a lack of airflow in the back due to the missing A/C vents. I honestly thing its ridiculous that this was missed by the designers. The missing cupholders on non-leather models can easily be mitigated, but the A/C vents are tougher. You either turn the fan speed way up and flow the front passengers out, or the rear seat passengers basically deal with static air. It's not the end of the world, but its certainly not ideal.

Sync 4 /B&O Sound (B+) Overall I am fine the infotainment system. I feel like it could do more than it does, but it does work well for what it does do. I have exclusively used Apple Carplay, and it has been flawless. The B&O sound system is fine, but not as good as the premium alpine system in the Jeep. I really like the 360 surround camera though, and use it all the time. Overall, I am satisfied with the system, but it could be better for what it costs.

Ride quality (A-) My Bronco came from the dealer with a very stiff ride. I checked the tire pressure, and the dealer had the tires way overinflated. I dropped them down to a more reasonable number, and I am very happy with the ride quality. The fox racing suspension on my old Rubicon I think was a bit better, but I would say the ride quality is a bit better than my current stock 2021 Rubicon. Overall, I am pleased with the stock Goodyears and suspension. I have not really had any rock throwing issues, and the tires aren't noisy on the road.

Exterior (A+) It looks great. The size of the Bronco, dimensions, etc are very well done. Theres no other way to put it. Sasquatch, imho, is a must buy. It really sets the truck off, and you can tell it was always intended to look this way.

Problems Encountered The only real issue I have so far is the frameless windows. My passenger side one does not seem to drop quickly enough, and when we open the door it shakes. Only the one door seems to have the problem, as the other 3 doors don't do this. I tried the calibration procedure I saw on the forums, but it did not help. I may have to take it to the dealer and see if they can adjust it.

Ford Bronco 2022 Wildtrak Owner Review IMG_2631
Fabulous write-up! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I might be getting my 2 DR WT in a few weeks. It's on the move, headed west.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fabulous write-up! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I might be getting my 2 DR WT in a few weeks. It's on the move, headed west.
Thanks! Glad it helped. Overall, I am sure you will be happy with it when it shows up.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
100% .. not sure why anyone would order a Bronco without SAS.

It is like eating mash potatoes without gravy,

Exterior (A+) IThere's no other way to put it. Sasquatch, imho, is a must buy. It really sets the truck off, and you can tell it was always intended to look this way.

IMG_2631.jpeg

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What pressure were your tires and what did you drop it to? I might need to check mine. I believe there is a way to calibrate the windows if I'm not mistaken. I worry about the windows, I find myself pulling the handle and waiting a couple of seconds before I open the door. My wife just rips it open and goes on.

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brown or white? Need to see what type of folk you is.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
dicussed a few times BUT tires come over inflated from the factory so the transport team does not have to deal with flat tires. Also, your bronco literally could sit for months (dirt mountain) before delivery so over inflation keeps them from flat spotting. This is true with every other car Ford produces.

Ford Bronco 2022 Wildtrak Owner Review IMG_2631

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Appreciate it.

Which slider steps??

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What pressure were your tires and what did you drop it to? I might need to check mine. I believe there is a way to calibrate the windows if I'm not mistaken. I worry about the windows, I find myself pulling the handle and waiting a couple of seconds before I open the door. My wife just rips it open and goes on.
The dealer delivered it to me with 44PSI. I dropped it down to 37PSI. That made the ride much more complaint.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate it.

Which slider steps??
Ohh, I added the Go Rhino DSS slider steps. As a step, they are fine. As a slider, they are not fine. They are pretty thin steel, and I cannot imagine would hold up to much abuse. I just needed them so the ladies can get into the Bronco, so for my purposes they are fine. If you really want to take them offroad and beat on them, I'd do something different.

Sponsored

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because they want a lift, better suspension and 37 in tires. I got the SAS with my Badlands.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think the reg bronco can handle 37s even with a better lift. Why do you think Ford swapped everything over to F150 Raptor running gear on the warthog?

And why do you think the 2022 Wildtrak now has an option for bigger shocks and stronger steering components?

Because they want a lift, better suspension and 37 in tires. I got the SAS with my Badlands.

Bronco Hank

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice! This is almost my exact build. Supposed to be built 3/7. Thanks for this write up!

Bronco Hank

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick question. How are you liking Eruption Green on your Wildtrak? Sorry I should elaborate, I see you gave it an A rating, I guess I mean how does it compare in person versus what we see in pictures?
Sponsored