ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great write up OP. Agree with a lot of your sentiments.

And I’m super happy with white on my WT and glad to be in the minority on this one.

39ED9458-8106-4D5F-99AB-0C3B2C3B214D.jpeg
The white does look very good! It is that classic, clean color that never goes out of style. My wife's Jeep is white though, so wasn't an option for me. I did float the idea of ordering white anyhow, and said I would get a custom tag with something like "THE JUICE" or "ACQUIT" on it, but that idea didn't go over well :).
Sponsored

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had my 2022 Eruption Green Wildtrak with Lux and Leather for about 2 weeks now. I have put about 800 miles on it, including interstate driving, around town driving, and some off roading as well. I thought I'd put my initial thoughts down for those that are still waiting on their order, or those that are trying to decide what to order.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I have had 3 Jeep's in my life. I still own a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xE. I also have owned multiple F150s, an Explorer Limited and a Porsche Cayenne. I just sold the Porsche and Explorer, and still own the Rubicon, so I can compare directly to those two models.

Overall Impressions (A) I really like the Bronco. It's drive-ability compares more to an F150 than it does the 2021 Wrangler. The improvement from the IFS really shine at highway speeds or during long distance driving. The Bronco interior is comfortable and well designed to me, and the exterior is very well designed and great looking. It feels almost larger than life in person. The Sasquatch package, imho, is a must buy. It really makes the truck. For those

Eruption Green (A+) This color was a great consolation prize for getting bumped to a 2022. It really is fantastic. I have had more people comment on the color than on the Bronco. I have even had a Cactus Gray Bronco owner stop me just to comment on the color. It really looks great in person when the Sun hits it.

Soft Top (B+) Overall I am happy with the soft top. I did measure the decibels, and at 80mph the cabin had 71-74 decibels. Thats a bit louder than my Porsche Cayenne(67-70) but quieter than my Hard Top Rubicon(75-78 decibels). The whipping wind noise on the Jeep hard top makes it feel even louder than the Bronco. The Bronco soft top generally just has more of a background noise to it. It is easy to have a conversation with your kids in the backseat at 80mph. At speeds below 70mph, I could hardly hear any background noise. As for ease of operation, you can open up the main part of the top in about 15 seconds from the drivers seat. It takes about 2 minutes to fully drop the top. The only part I am not a fan of is how the implemented the flip up rear portion. It still stretches the rear windows when you do it, and I cannot imagine they won't look pretty damaged after a year or two of use. Overall, the quality to me compares with the jeep soft tops, but the design is different.

One big thing to note here, is that my Sasquatch Bronco will NOT fit into a standard height garage with the top folded back. It's about 2" too tall. I envision this causing more than one top to get ripped off before its over with. If you want to leave the top flipped back all the time, and park in a garage, you might consider a standard height model(Outer Banks or Black Diamond).

Interior (B+) I got leather, and I am happy with it. Is it as nice as the leather in my Porsche? No, but it is close. And the Porsche stickers for $120k these days, so for what it is I think Ford did a good job. The rest of the interior is well designed, comfortable and well laid out well for a ruggedized off-road vehicle. The seats are very comfortable(better than the Rubicon's seats), and the buttons and controls are of good quality and appropriate for the class. I have seen a lot of complaints of lower quality plastics, and honestly I don't really see it. The plastics quality is similar to the Jeep. My biggest complaint on the interior is the instrument cluster, which is just poorly thought out and not nearly as nice as the Jeep's.

One thing to note, my kids have already complained about a lack of airflow in the back due to the missing A/C vents. I honestly thing its ridiculous that this was missed by the designers. The missing cupholders on non-leather models can easily be mitigated, but the A/C vents are tougher. You either turn the fan speed way up and flow the front passengers out, or the rear seat passengers basically deal with static air. It's not the end of the world, but its certainly not ideal.

Sync 4 /B&O Sound (B+) Overall I am fine the infotainment system. I feel like it could do more than it does, but it does work well for what it does do. I have exclusively used Apple Carplay, and it has been flawless. The B&O sound system is fine, but not as good as the premium alpine system in the Jeep. I really like the 360 surround camera though, and use it all the time. Overall, I am satisfied with the system, but it could be better for what it costs.

Ride quality (A-) My Bronco came from the dealer with a very stiff ride. I checked the tire pressure, and the dealer had the tires way overinflated. I dropped them down to a more reasonable number, and I am very happy with the ride quality. The fox racing suspension on my old Rubicon I think was a bit better, but I would say the ride quality is a bit better than my current stock 2021 Rubicon. Overall, I am pleased with the stock Goodyears and suspension. I have not really had any rock throwing issues, and the tires aren't noisy on the road.

Exterior (A+) It looks great. The size of the Bronco, dimensions, etc are very well done. Theres no other way to put it. Sasquatch, imho, is a must buy. It really sets the truck off, and you can tell it was always intended to look this way.

Problems Encountered The only real issue I have so far is the frameless windows. My passenger side one does not seem to drop quickly enough, and when we open the door it shakes. Only the one door seems to have the problem, as the other 3 doors don't do this. I tried the calibration procedure I saw on the forums, but it did not help. I may have to take it to the dealer and see if they can adjust it.

IMG_2631.jpeg
Great write-up, thanks. I'm looking forward to my own Wildtrak. I'm getting the new HOSS 3.0 package and wonder how much you think that might added to your experience had it been available when you ordered. Oh .... and one other thing .... GO DAWGS!

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great write-up, thanks. I'm looking forward to my own Wildtrak. I'm getting the new HOSS 3.0 package and wonder how much you think that might added to your experience had it been available when you ordered. Oh .... and one other thing .... GO DAWGS!
On HOSS 3.0? I am not sure i'd have even ordered it if it were available. I really don't think it would have added much to how I use the Bronco.

Hah. Yeah, its your year finally. Herschel can rest easy, he no longer has to carry the entire fanbase on his shoulders after doing it for 42 years :).

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great write up...waiting on my 2dr WT in Eruptiom Green, high package

Sponsored
OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

77Highboy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you can create setups like this:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ugh-country-level-lift-added-more-pics.28582/

that look absolutely phenomenal without spending $7k from the factory.
Yes... I started with Sas / Wildtrack, then switched to Badlands, always intending to go with aftermarket wheels and tires anyway, so then realized suspension - wise, with the Badlands and plans to change wheels & tires, no reason for SAS. That said, IF I go with 37s, I'll need a mild lift compatible with Badlands, AND I'll need to swap the standard flares for the Sas ones, which are about $500 a set from what I've seen.

That said, I agree with the main point which is that the Bronco was made to have an aggressive stance and the Sasquatch package achieves that straight from the factory. IMHO the driving factor (for me) in the wheel & tire swap is the offset of the factory Sas wheels, which is +34 I think. They had to do that to keep the tires under the flares, but for those of us that appreciate the look of a bit of "poke" out from under the flares, much less offset is needed.

Anyway, great writeup, thanks!

Psu2008

Wildtrak
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES 350, Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ordered my Wildtrack today with Cyber Orange, Sas, Lux, Leather and MIC for MSRP. Dealer said, "Who the F knows when you will get it?" Lol, I'm in no rush, but won't be surprised if it gets pushed to 2023.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you do know that when a car parks next to you and opens the door, the door hits the steps 1st. without steps, it hits your door. So steps protects from door dings
That’s why I love steps and think retracting power steps are dumb

OJS NV

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Anniversary Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got my Eruption Green WT (LUX, MIC, Tow, AUX) 3 weeks ago, left the dealer drove to Happy Jack, AZ for a weekend stay at our cabin. Handled great on the freeway and especially on the twisties north on SR87. ACC is great once you figure out the program and step on the gas if someone pulls out in front of me, stereo could be better got a slight vibration on low db genre. The looks and comments about the EG paint are always positive with wow factor, I love it.

Sponsored

FUJeep

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my Eruption Green WT (LUX, MIC, Tow, AUX) 3 weeks ago, left the dealer drove to Happy Jack, AZ for a weekend stay at our cabin. Handled great on the freeway and especially on the twisties north on SR87. ACC is great once you figure out the program and step on the gas if someone pulls out in front of me, stereo could be better got a slight vibration on low db genre. The looks and comments about the EG paint are always positive with wow factor, I love it.
If I may ask, when was your reservation date? And did you order a two-door or four-door? I'm still waiting for my two door WT with all the same options you have but my reservation date was 7/17 of 2020 so just trying to get a gauge on things. Please let me know. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I may ask, when was your reservation date? And did you order a two-door or four-door? I'm still waiting for my two door WT with all the same options you have but my reservation date was 7/17 of 2020 so just trying to get a gauge on things. Please let me know. Much appreciated.
I ordered my WT on 08/09/2020 and it was built 12/12/21, Delivered Feb 2022.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered my WT on 08/09/2020 and it was built 12/12/21, Delivered Feb 2022.
Good for you……but how do these reservation dates make any sense.

I have same order (dropped tow)……can’t wait!

OJS NV

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Anniversary Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered on reveal day 7-13-20 about 7:30pm Phoenix time, mine is a 4 door. Have you gotten confirmation of production yet? My buddy ordered his on 7/23 and he has a production date of 3/14 that is still holding when we checked with the dealer yesterday. I go straight to my dealer finance guy, he has access to all the source info on the our orders, Bell Ford in Phoenix has been the best!

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @ramblinwreck, if you've got them, could you upload any photos of your interior? I'm sure they're out there but having a hard time finding photos of the Wildtrak leather interior. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored