Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm one of the (many) Wildrak orders waiting for a build date. Small dealer, most of the "sins". For some reason, I didn't realize that order lockdowns included paint color. Does anyone have intel on whether Ford will allow unfulfilled orders to make minor changes?

Also, given Ford's inflexibility on order changes, you would think that they would schedule all the remaining orders for '22 and give us first dibs on '23 if they can't guarantee delivery.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm one of the (many) Wildrak orders waiting for a build date. Small dealer, most of the "sins". For some reason, I didn't realize that order lockdowns included paint color. Does anyone have intel on whether Ford will allow unfulfilled orders to make minor changes?

Also, given Ford's inflexibility on order changes, you would think that they would schedule all the remaining orders for '22 and give us first dibs on '23 if they can't guarantee delivery.
Might cause you to lose price protection. I would chat with Ford customer service and see what they say.

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are orders locked down? I was just two weeks ago able to update my trim, color, & interior (OBX -> BL, black -> cactus grey, leather -> mgv) and the dealership had no problem doing it. There was a slight change in invoice cost because the two vehicles were different. But they definitely were able to update the order and provide me a new DORA.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might cause you to lose price protection. I would chat with Ford customer service and see what they say.
I don’t think you lose price protection unless you change trims, but this is still good advice. Better safe than sorry.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not sure I understand your post about orders being locked down. If you don't have a VIN assigned/been scheduled for production you should be able to make changes to your order, unless something has changed. You may lose price protection though.

I was able to make changes to my WildTrak order until I was assigned a VIN in late April.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And those of us with early '21 orders steeling ourselves to reorder ... Again ...

Chrisack

Black Diamond
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I actually just changed my color a week after I got a VIN and build date. The Ford marketing person said it could be changed up until the window sticker was generated. I got the email from Ford about 10 minutes after talking to my dealer.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed my WT order today, just added the HOSS 3.0 package so orders aren't locked down. I also wanted to add the MOD front bumper since it's only $270 more when you add the HOSS package but my dealer said not to as FORD doesn't have any of them and wont for while.
Sponsored