Sponsored

2023 Bronco Wildtrak Capability vs F150 Raptor

McCarthy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Limited, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak (ETA May)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious on this... Can't seem to find suspension travel numbers for the wildtrak with hoss 3.0, but how would one compare in the desert? The Wildtrak has Fox 2.5" coilvers from factory.

Assuming they are not as desert capable, what would it take? Shock change? More than that?

Currently driving a 2022 F150 Limited, and have a 2023 Bronco Wildtrak (4 dr) that will be arriving in a few months. Debating between taking it or finding an F150 Raptor. I would rather have the Bronco (Bronco Raptor is $30,000 more than an F150 Raptor in Canada so I would just buy one at that point) but want to be able to participate at a level similar to a stock Raptor in the desert and Baja trips.
Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my opinion but I would say horses for courses. They are both highly capable and both do a ton but excel in different terrains.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It will depend on how hard you run it off road. Stock for stock the F150 Raptor will be more stable do to the wider track and longer wheelbase. The Bronco will be more maneuverable in tighter places. The F150 Raptor with it's 450hp will out perform the Wildtrak. I currently have a F150 Raptor and a Wildtrak on order. I will keep the Raptor when the WT arrives.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just my opinion but I would say horses for courses. They are both highly capable and both do a ton but excel in different terrains.
Does "horses" mean "Broncos" or "horsepower" (and hence Raptor) here? Or are you saying he should get a Mustang?

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does "horses" mean "Broncos" or "horsepower" (and hence Raptor) here? Or are you saying he should get a Mustang?
It means different vehicles are suited for different things. Bronco is going is going to be better in tight trails and rock crawling for sure. Running fast down in Baja, sand, snow, family trips, etc Raptor going to be tough to beat. I have owned all three Gens and have over 250,000 miles in them over the past 10 years. They are phenomenal. Having a 36 gallon fuel tank is also going to help your range as well.

Not putting the Bronco down at all-the Bronco is highly capable and an amazing platform and does so much well. I have spent a few hundred miles with a friend in his highly modified Bronco and it is a blast. Sadly mine is still a month out or so having been a day 1 reservation holder. I can't wait to start working on mine and 100% will be keeping the Raptor when the Bronco arrives.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious on this... Can't seem to find suspension travel numbers for the wildtrak with hoss 3.0, but how would one compare in the desert? The Wildtrak has Fox 2.5" coilvers from factory.

Assuming they are not as desert capable, what would it take? Shock change? More than that?

Currently driving a 2022 F150 Limited, and have a 2023 Bronco Wildtrak (4 dr) that will be arriving in a few months. Debating between taking it or finding an F150 Raptor. I would rather have the Bronco (Bronco Raptor is $30,000 more than an F150 Raptor in Canada so I would just buy one at that point) but want to be able to participate at a level similar to a stock Raptor in the desert and Baja trips.
My personal opinion is that the F15p Raptor is in a class of its own, and the Bronco is a great off reader, but the F150 Raptor is the best all time all around off road truck ever.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have a stock for the most part 2022 Wildtrak and 2013 6.2 Raptor. Both very capable off roading and snow vehicles. Like the Raptors power and overall stability but the newer 4x and tech in the Bronco really make it a tough call. It really depends on how much I have to haul or tow ATV's which 75% of the time forces me into the Raptor. Plus in the summer I am hauling my Hobie fishing kayak and gear up trails to mountain lakes which again forces me to use the Raptor. If I had to choose between 1 to keep would chose the truck.
Sponsored