Rideemhigh

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know, I know. These are different vehicles. But deciding between a used Gen1 Raptor or a Black Diamond Bronco (would throw on squatch package). Could anyone give thoughts on differences in capability? I won't be doing any heavy duty rock crawling or baja racing as I'm in the southeast, mostly mud with some trail riding.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco is not out yet. Any capability is purely on paper and based on speculation. Do the research and let us know how they compare (on paper at least).

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Will you use it as a daily driver as well or just a weekend fun vehicle?

As a DD, I'd say Bronco, for just a weekend off road in the south east vehicle, Gen 1, no doubt.

Have you ever heard a custom exhaust on that 6.2? Reason right there to buy one. LOL

OP
OP

Rideemhigh

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

As a DD, I'd say Bronco, for just a weekend off road in the south east vehicle, Gen 1, no doubt.

Have you ever heard a custom exhaust on that 6.2? Reason right there to buy one. LOL

Dang that sounds nice . I was expecting the opposite answer with the bronco having removable doors and roof which wouldn’t be as convenient for a DD.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
The V8 noise is enough

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dang that sounds nice . I was expecting the opposite answer with the bronco having removable doors and roof which wouldn’t be as convenient for a DD.
You don't have to remove the doors and roof, so there is no delta there, just an advantage with the Bronco if the weather is nice to have that convertible option. As a DD, the Rap is a great vehicle but remember, on a good day you are getting 13MPG and that may or may not be what you want for a DD...it wasnt that long ago when gas was $4 a gal. And parking a Rap? Well, if you live in a city, not good. LOL

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had a Gen-1 Raptor and currently have a Gen-2. I also had an FJ Cruiser. If your trails are at all tight go Bronco. Raptors are awesome in their element. Mud and tight trails are not their natural habitat.

SVT02

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor / 2002 Ford SVT Lightning / 2015 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had a Gen-1 Raptor and currently have a Gen-2. I also had an FJ Cruiser. If your trails are at all tight go Bronco. Raptors are awesome in their element. Mud and tight trails are not their natural habitat.
Agreed here. I never had an FJ however I had a Gen 1 and now have a Gen 2. It’s really all up to what you are going to do with it. Gas aside I am picking the Raptor 10 times out of 10.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

They sound even better when there's a whipple up front to help pump more air thru that exhaust :D

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know, I know. These are different vehicles. But deciding between a used Gen1 Raptor or a Black Diamond Bronco (would throw on squatch package). Could anyone give thoughts on differences in capability? I won't be doing any heavy duty rock crawling or baja racing as I'm in the southeast, mostly mud with some trail riding.
If you’re asking this question, the obvious correct answer is Raptor.
Sponsored