Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I never converted to a 2023 order in November. After two years gave up and bought a Ranger. Sent an email to @Granger Ford in November asking for a cancellation. Have not received any refund on my reservation. I called Ford corporate customer service and they indicate that I have a 2023 on order. Granger tells me it was never converted. Has anyone received a refund from not converting to 2023?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you had a 2022MY order you were automatically converted to a 2023MY order and placed in priority code 99.

After the November 21st deadline, those priority code 99 orders were supposed to be automatically canceled by Ford with refunds issued. But for whatever reason that hasn't happened yet.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I never converted to a 2023 order in November. After two years gave up and bought a Ranger. Sent an email to @Granger Ford in November asking for a cancellation. Have not received any refund on my reservation. I called Ford corporate customer service and they indicate that I have a 2023 on order. Granger tells me it was never converted. Has anyone received a refund from not converting to 2023?
@Zach@Granger

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was lucky and took delivery of a Raptor from Stephens. I also had an order at Granger that was going to be a family member's Bronco. I received an email stating that I had to place my order by the end of November; submit the additional information Ford was requesting to validate the reservation; pay an additional $500 non-refundable deposit for a vehicle that "could take anywhere from 2-5 years depending on our dealerships allocation and potential commodities on your order." Non-refundable $500 deposit on an order that can take FIVE YEARS in the worst case scenario? No way. I informed Granger that I would not be ordering and would like a refund of my $100. Granger (Samantha) replied on November 28th, stating "Ford will be working on cancelling and refunding deposits." I have not heard anything further from Granger or Ford, but figured I would give them some additional time (definitely not 5 years though!).

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was lucky and took delivery of a Raptor from Stephens. I also had an order at Granger that was going to be a family member's Bronco. I received an email stating that I had to place my order by the end of November; submit the additional information Ford was requesting to validate the reservation; pay an additional $500 non-refundable deposit....
Me thinks you may have misread the email. The $500 nonrefundable deposit is when the VIN is assigned. Before that you pay no more. Its been that way from day one with Granger.

For me I paid $100 in July 2020 when I made the reservation, it was refunded when I changed dealerships in 2020, and I paid nothing till I got a VIN.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Me thinks you may have misread the email. The $500 nonrefundable deposit is when the VIN is assigned. Before that you pay no more. Its been that way from day one with Granger.

For me I paid $100 in July 2020 when I made the reservation, it was refunded when I changed dealerships in 2020, and I paid nothing till I got a VIN.
Yep. I’m at Granger too, $500 non refundable deposit is requested by Granger, after the order gets pulled by the mothership. Whenever the hell that might be. Lol

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here is the e-mail -- be interested in your interpretation:

> If you are interested in ordering a new Bronco please follow the steps below.
>
> The order banks for the 2023 Model Year Broncos have officially been opened. We are still planning on continuing our offer of $1,000 below invoice. Please keep in mind that we have 900+ orders that have yet to be fulfilled. We will not be able to provide a precise wait time due to the amount of orders we have. This could take anywhere from 2-5 years depending on our dealerships allocation and potential commodities on your order. If you would like to continue we will need the following,
>
> An Updated 2023 Model Year Build and Price
> A picture of your Driver’s License
> A picture of your Insurance Card
> Your phone number.
>
> Please send all documentation in one email. This will help keep our team organized. If you do not send all the documentation we have requested, Our team will not be able to submit your 2023 order.
>
> After we receive everything listed above, we will send you a quote. If you would like to proceed, we do require a $500 non refundable deposit. We will send you an invoice through a program called Converge. We will also send you an order summary that needs to be e-signed through Eversign. Once both are received, we will place your order. (this may take a few weeks due to the 2023 order banks opening).
>
> Please be patient with our team during this busy time. We request that you only send one email to us in order to not overflow our inbox. Everyone will be replied to in the order we receive documentation. Also, in order to save time and reply to as many customers as fast as possible, we will not be able to answer our phones until further notice.
>
> Thank you,
> Samantha

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I stand corrected. That's exactly what that looks like in your email. Sorry if I caused confusion, but I'm not sure why they'd do that. Better to take it up with @Zach@Granger at this point.

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I appreciate the reply. Extremely disappointing if Samantha was incorrect in her email because I would have kept the reservation knowing that I could cancel if my needs changed years down the road without any further financial penalty.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate the reply. Extremely disappointing if Samantha was incorrect in her email because I would have kept the reservation knowing that I could cancel if my needs changed years down the road without any further financial penalty.
I've never paid a non refundable deposit to Granger at any point. That email just goes against everything I've been told by them. I actually didn't get that email, because I was proactive and just gave them my build and information the morning order banks opened. I wasn't waiting on anyone to get my order in, only because I didn't want to miss the very small chance my order got pulled those first few weeks of scheduling. Didn't work out for me, but I wasn't counting on it either. So... I wait, just like everyone else.

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Extremely disappointing if Samantha was incorrect in her email .....
My guess is the email left out a sentence, crucial for clarification. It looks like a form letter and the writer was too familiar with the subject to catch the mistake.

The actual deal is existing reservation holders with Granger do not pay till VIN is assigned. However, it may be as written for NEW orders that will be placed when the order banks open. (don't think so but possible the business wants to limit the backlog and this would be one tactic to make that happen)

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ditto

OP
OP
Bimmerxi

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is the e-mail -- be interested in your interpretation:

> If you are interested in ordering a new Bronco please follow the steps below.
>
> The order banks for the 2023 Model Year Broncos have officially been opened. We are still planning on continuing our offer of $1,000 below invoice. Please keep in mind that we have 900+ orders that have yet to be fulfilled. We will not be able to provide a precise wait time due to the amount of orders we have. This could take anywhere from 2-5 years depending on our dealerships allocation and potential commodities on your order. If you would like to continue we will need the following,
>
> An Updated 2023 Model Year Build and Price
> A picture of your Driver’s License
> A picture of your Insurance Card
> Your phone number.
>
> Please send all documentation in one email. This will help keep our team organized. If you do not send all the documentation we have requested, Our team will not be able to submit your 2023 order.
>
> After we receive everything listed above, we will send you a quote. If you would like to proceed, we do require a $500 non refundable deposit. We will send you an invoice through a program called Converge. We will also send you an order summary that needs to be e-signed through Eversign. Once both are received, we will place your order. (this may take a few weeks due to the 2023 order banks opening).
>
> Please be patient with our team during this busy time. We request that you only send one email to us in order to not overflow our inbox. Everyone will be replied to in the order we receive documentation. Also, in order to save time and reply to as many customers as fast as possible, we will not be able to answer our phones until further notice.
>
> Thank you,
> Samantha
I did not get that email either. This sounds like one they sent to someone who doesn’t already have a previous reservation.

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did not get that email either. This sounds like one they sent to someone who doesn’t already have a previous reservation.
I had a reservation with Granger’s $2,000 below invoice promotion (the $1000 number was incorrect which Samantha subsequently corrected). I had two original reservations for a Bronco (with the day one hour one reservation turning into a Raptor).

OP
OP
Bimmerxi

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a reservation with Granger’s $2,000 below invoice promotion (the $1000 number was incorrect which Samantha subsequently corrected). I had two original reservations for a Bronco (with the day one hour one reservation turning into a Raptor).
Lucky you actually getting a bronco! I had a July $1000 Below and a October 2000 below invoice and have subsequently canceled them both. I got a refund on the first one months ago but apparently Ford processes the second one so I’ve been told.
Sponsored