First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 AMG GTC, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is maybe not the greatest video, there's a lot of road noise that comes through but right around the 5-6 second mark there is a howling noise like there's someone from the right side of the car singing "whoooooooooo".

I find that it's primarily there when the engine is cold, and seems to only happen under light throttle around 1900-2000rpm. Has anyone heard this before? I'll grab a better video this evening after the car cools down some.

Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same here. 23 sas obx 4dr 2.7L. No idea what it is though... My fix has been to turn the radio up. This fix has also helped with all the hardtop wind and rattling noises.

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a non-sas 23 OBX and hear the same thing. It’s short lived and only does it when I just start to drive off.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is maybe not the greatest video, there's a lot of road noise that comes through but right around the 5-6 second mark there is a howling noise like there's someone from the right side of the car singing "whoooooooooo".

I find that it's primarily there when the engine is cold, and seems to only happen under light throttle around 1900-2000rpm. Has anyone heard this before? I'll grab a better video this evening after the car cools down some.

Hi Ash! I can look into your bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm so glad someone recorded this sound! I have a 23 OBX 4-DR 2.7L non-sas and hear the exact same sound. Like you, it seems to do it when first starting off at low throttle leaving my house. Please post here what if anything is found. Thank you.
Sponsored