Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@goatman2 - Your truck sits perfectly level! Using only the lower shock mount bracket looks to be a great idea!!
Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@goatman2 how does the 2dr feel going up and down very steep inclines/declines off road? Does it feel like you're going to go ass over tea kettle or nice and planted?

OP
OP
goatman2

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@goatman2 how does the 2dr feel going up and down very steep inclines/declines off road? Does it feel like you're going to go ass over tea kettle or nice and planted?

It feels perfectly fine to me, but I'm sure I'm a bit biased because the 2dr is the same wheelbase as an XJ Cherokee, and I've been wheeling and racing XJ's for close to 30 years and so am very used to that wheelbase. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it felt as good as it did. In one spot I had to drive back down a particularly challenging ledge with a sharp right hand turn at the bottom on a very steep section of trail. I was pretty nervous being in a new platform without much experience in it yet, and it's a brand new Bronco! But, I drove down with no issues at all and it was not uncomfortable. After climbing up some ledges on the toughest part of the trail we were on (climbing out of the canyon back to the top of the mesa) I had to turn around at the top and drive back down to help my friend in a 4Runner who had gotten a bit too far off the narrow trail and was concerned about moving without help. It dramatically upped my confidence in the Bronco. BTW, we had to turn around and back track on that trail because no way was the TRD 4Runner going to climb up those steep ledges that the Bronco did easily, and I had street pressure still in the tires.

Both looking at and driving the Bronco it seems there is a pretty good balance between track width and center of gravity. We've felt that the biggest negative of the Bronco for wheeling trails and obstacles is the relatively low ground clearance. However, that same quality gives it better stability, and I thought the Bronco felt pretty stable. Even when lifting a tire due to mediocre articulation it never felt unstable. Of course, I have to qualify this comment with noting that I have a Badlands with the sway bar disconnect. The 2dr Badlands articulates much better than the 4dr Outer Banks SAS that I drove at Off Roadeo. Much different and better experience.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wheel base comparison to the XJ had me looking hard at a 2-door, but I knew it wouldn't work for me in the long run & the wife was dead set against it. My XJ had the extra room on the roof rack, something I am dead set against after almost rolling on 7 mile Rim when everyone suddenly stopped & I 'm in a manual which due to a sudden stop caused the rear to unload while going across the long off camber section before the big hill :oops::whistle:. Quick thinking & a little bush wacking saved the day :rolleyes:

Lifting a tire in the Bronco is a common occurrence. Once accepted it's not a big deal. I agree it feels to be a very stable platform.

Thanks for sharing (y)

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@goatman2 Hi just checking out threads from some of the guy's going to Moab. First off your color choice was what I wanted, I let my wife have a say oh well. Excellent photos of your trip I have not been to Kanab in probable 25 years, I thing we are close to the same age after reading some of your post. See you in Moab.

OP
OP
goatman2

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@goatman2 Hi just checking out threads from some of the guy's going to Moab. First off your color choice was what I wanted, I let my wife have a say oh well. Excellent photos of your trip I have not been to Kanab in probable 25 years, I thing we are close to the same age after reading some of your post. See you in Moab.
I've been on Medicare for quite a few years..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been on Medicare for quite a few years..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ha Ha, your older than me, I have 3 years till that time. The only bring up age is that every one I have been wheeling with from the forum are same age as my kids. Go Boomer!

OP
OP
goatman2

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha Ha, your older than me, I have 3 years till that time. The only bring up age is that every one I have been wheeling with from the forum are same age as my kids. Go Boomer!

Yeah, it almost got me to not get the Bronco. It seems to be better now, but there sure were a ton of whinny assed snowflakes on the forum. I have a saying for the younger folks......"keep up!" :)

My last King of the Hammers podium I was 64.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You both have me beat but just remember, birthdays are only bad when you stop having them ;)

Yeah, it almost got me to not get the Bronco. It seems to be better now, but there sure were a ton of whinny assed snowflakes on the forum. I have a saying for the younger folks......"keep up!" :)

Yep, that was one disheartening thing around here for sure. It was a different mentality around here for sometime

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"ton of whinny assed snowflakes on the forum." YES

"My last King of the Hammers podium I was 64." Yes
Sponsored