Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I think this is going to be a common problem :(
8d41dd04-af1c-4938-b8dc-124b8b07b9f9-jpeg.jpg
I wonder if a clear plastic protector will help on theses. I know there is some out there that go on the outside of a window.
Sponsored

wolfhawk73

Base
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm curious. Why would that be normal?
He was driving across multiple states with many temp and humidity changes. Chances are he had warmer, humid air (hello, NC...among other places) in the headlight housing and ran into some cold air. The water vapor in the headlight just condensed inside the housing. This probably happened repeatedly without enough time in a warmer, dryer area to allow the water to evaporate.

I'm glad they vent the housings now and allow water to escape. Eventually, all housings spring a leak of some sort. Then once the moisture gets in there it doesn't have enough of a vent to escape. I've seen some that have water sloshing around inside.

wolfhawk73

Base
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not supose to be normal. That moisture will start turning in yellow the headlight with time. Go to your dealer and they should replace them.
I doubt that'll happen. Heat, UV from sunlight, and pollutants in the air are what cause headlights to yellow. Polycarbonate is tough and looks great but doesn't care for the elements.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt that'll happen. Heat, UV from sunlight, and pollutants in the air are what cause headlights to yellow. Polycarbonate is tough and looks great but doesn't care for the elements.
They way I see it, if moisture can get inside, pollutants and others element can do it as well affecting the cosmetic durability of the headlights. Also in winter, that moisture can be frozen and it could affect the efficacy of the headlight.

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must have missed @Sreevie out there… I only saw one Bronco Sport out there when we went to the Badlands on October 10th… beautiful day in SD.

wolfhawk73

Base
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
They way I see it, if moisture can get inside, pollutants and others element can do it as well affecting the cosmetic durability of the headlights. Also in winter, that moisture can be frozen and it could affect the efficacy of the headlight.
Maybe. From what I've read, heat from the lamp opens microscopic pores in the lens that allow contaminates in, so I guess that could be on the inside as well as the outside. While driving, though, I think road contaminants, exhaust fumes, dirt, etc, cause a large majority of issues, and UV light turns it yellow. Polycarbonate can stop bullets but not mother nature, LOL. I've restored a few sets of lights, and working just on the outside has made them crystal clear and eliminated the yellowing, but I've never restored any that had a lot of water inside.

The better UV-protectant infused clearcoats on headlights stop a lot of the damage, but man, once that clearcoat starts going...

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UNLESS you are on the dry side of the state...then no worries with the moisture. Either way, welcome to the PNW.

jtim47Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my 28th new Ford replacing my 2015 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. Thank you. I guess i should probably read the owners manual hahahaha
you will have to read the owners manual on line as Ford no longer puts one in the glove compartment. :(

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed my insurance to a $0 deductible because I expect to replace a windshield annually.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my insurance to a $0 deductible because I expect to replace a windshield annually.
I went with $150. I felt this was a better solution than pay $600+ for exo-shield that would only become a problem latter. ;) Besides mine is not a daily driver so that lessens the opportunity as well.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had the ford bug selector on my truck since new, January and over 8k miles. My windshield looks great. It’s great reduced impacts highly recommend.
Sponsored