Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD Duramax, 1986 GMC Fire Truck,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aloha Fellow Bronco6G Members!

My apologies in advance if this has been posted elsewhere,

Throughout my 32-year career as a Firefighter, we used 303 Protectant to maintain the plastic-type trims on all our fire trucks with excellent results. And also on my personal vehicles. I am asking ya'll if you think that 303 Protectant would be a viable method to maintain the MIC Hardtop? It seems to me that it would be worth it as a way to keep the MIC Hardtop from fading and also protect it from harmful UV rays. Please let me know if any of you have done this and what type of results you encountered. Any insight and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it’d help. You might also look at a ceramic coating for plastics such as Poorboys everlasting (super hard to get but has been worth it in my experience). Used it on the plastic fender flares, door handles, and cowl as some cheap insurance.

but would not recommend in a place with hard rainwater or if you’re not drying the roof after a wash as the coating does make it more prone to waterspots that stay.

The only place where even a ceramic coating may not hold up is on the fender flares, the rears specifically. Pretty sure my poked 37s make it worse but it’s a thing on all broncos. Those take a beating so typically coatings won’t last more than a few weeks on there

OP
OP
Mica911

Mica911

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500 HD Duramax, 1986 GMC Fire Truck,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Howzit RainbowStix,

Mahalo for the feedback and suggestions. I'll check out Poorboys and also check in with the local crew up here that does tinting, detailing, and graphics. They will be tinting my side windows in about a week. My Bronco is up here in the Pacific Northwest and winters can get kinda brutal at times. Much different than our place over on Oahu.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious to hear if anyone has tried Cerakote for any of the trim. Project Farm on youtube tested that and it seemed legit but looked more glossy than I'd prefer.

I know for cleaning someone suggested Bleche Wite for the flares specifically (but also black plastics and metal front/rear bumpers) and it is amazing. Its designed for tires but it does a great job cleaning a lot of things so MIC might be one, but the coating afterwards would depend on your locale as mentioned previously here.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only problem with doing that is that if you ever decide to paint the top the protectant may absorb into the top making it almost impossible to paint - not a big deal if you are never going to paint it but it could cause the paint to fisheye or not stick. Not sure how porous the MIC top is and if it will actually absorb into it, but something to think about.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Howzit RainbowStix,

Mahalo for the feedback and suggestions. I'll check out Poorboys and also check in with the local crew up here that does tinting, detailing, and graphics. They will be tinting my side windows in about a week. My Bronco is up here in the Pacific Northwest and winters can get kinda brutal at times. Much different than our place over on Oahu.
Just put the C4 Gtechniq on my fender flares and front and back bumpers (plastic standard). They look awesome! One bottle was just enough for SAS Flares, Bumpers, Gatorback Mudflaps, Hood Sights. First washed, then used the panel wipes from Gtechniq then applied the C4. Removed the flares to make it easier. Super easy and really darkened the black plastic. Can't really speak to the longevity yet but looks like it really absorbed nicely into the plastic.
Sponsored