Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a little glitch in my 360 camera system and am wondering if this is a calibration issue or just a limitation of the system based on the asymmetry of the side windows. See below video - while this is a real digital miracle that it works at all, the left side is pretty clean and consistent as you move past an object from front to rear (or vice versa). But, on the right side, thereā€™s an appreciable image shift as an object passes the middle of the vehicle. Is this possibly an adjustment issue or calibration issue or do all of them do this?

Sponsored

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ll have to take a video tomorrow but I have similar on my drivers side. Seems to have been recent as well that it started doing it unless I just noticed this week.

OP
OP

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ll have to take a video tomorrow but I have similar on my drivers side. Seems to have been recent as well that it started doing it unless I just noticed this week.
any luck?

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't noticed it on my 2 door, but it looks like the vehicle you are moving past shifts out of range of the fisheye lens in the mirror just past the rear door and isn't picked up again in the rear spare mounted camera until it clears the rear plane. I'm betting it's normal for a four door, if not also applicable to the 2 door and I just haven't noticed it yet. It's definitely seeing it transition from the mirror camera to the spare mounted camera.

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didnā€™t do a video but hereā€™s a picture showing the back of the cars in the camera distorted and cut off. I wonder why the camera isnā€™t matching upā€¦

746906FD-6D87-4CB4-8507-10D21409CE3C.jpeg

Sponsored

Jwalker2244

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a little glitch in my 360 camera system and am wondering if this is a calibration issue or just a limitation of the system based on the asymmetry of the side windows. See below video - while this is a real digital miracle that it works at all, the left side is pretty clean and consistent as you move past an object from front to rear (or vice versa). But, on the right side, thereā€™s an appreciable image shift as an object passes the middle of the vehicle. Is this possibly an adjustment issue or calibration issue or do all of them do this?

I noticed something similar in mine recently - did you have to take it to the dealer to be fixed?

OP
OP

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed something similar in mine recently - did you have to take it to the dealer to be fixed?
I took it but they don't seem capable or willing to fix it - I had a list of a few things out of spec and they just said it was all normal - they are not. I asked the service tech and they had never done this before and didn't even have the calibration mat that I saw described in the tech bulletin, so I think they just lied.

Jwalker2244

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took it but they don't seem capable or willing to fix it - I had a list of a few things out of spec and they just said it was all normal - they are not. I asked the service tech and they had never done this before and didn't even have the calibration mat that I saw described in the tech bulletin, so I think they just lied.
So you were never able to get it figured out?

Jwalker2244

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well that isnā€™t very encouraging

Sponsored
OP
OP

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting - if anyone does that, it would be great if you took some pictures and screen shots and walked through the process for us.

OP
OP

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't find the 360 camera calibration in Forscan- it only lists lane departure camera calibration.
Sponsored