Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I'm pretty sure I've read all of the required threads for wiring up the ford 4 pin module (FT1Z15A416A). Just need a few quick sanity check items from those that have done it already.

I have a base 2 door with halogen lights. I bought the ford receiver (already installed) and the ford module (FT1Z15A416A). I'm also installing new speakers, the pnp harness and a powered sub unit at the same time.

Here are my questions..thanks in advance!

1.) Is the ford module (FT1Z15A416A) worth using (esp since i already have it) or should I go with the modified curt method? I'm already planning to pop off my panels and run a power wire to the rear for my sub along with my line level audio wires

2.) Would you tap into the rear power connections since the driver rear panel is off or split/share the amp power power with a distribution block? I believe running 2 wires to the rear is messy and overkill.

3.) Any tidy way of using the rear connections on a base vs splicing in, grounding the red, etc for installation?

I'd like to keep myself open to a 7 pin upgrade someday, but have a f150 now to pull my tandem trailer, so not necessary yet.

I've done tow hitch installs on 4th, 5th, 6th generation explorers, but this is a first with this type of kit. Not afraid to remove panels and tap wires.
Sponsored