BroncoHung

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco!!!!
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, Im new here and with a Bronco. If I didnt order tha advanced 4 wheels with the 4 buttins on the select 4 wheel drive circle can I have it installed bya dealer?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, Im new here and with a Bronco. If I didnt order tha advanced 4 wheels with the 4 buttins on the select 4 wheel drive circle can I have it installed bya dealer?
No, changing 4wd systems is not possible.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anything is possible.. with enough money. Practical? Nah.. if you want it I’d trade for One that has what you want. Zero chance you come out anywhere near even trying to trade out major drivetrain components after the fact

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s a similar example... to give you some idea.
In 2010 I got an F150 off the lot with standard 26 gallon tank. After a while I decided I really wanted the 36 gallon tank that was available on F150s of the same year. From the factory at build time, the 36 was a couple of hundred $$. So I found a dealer shop that was willing to do the research and make it happen. $1,000 later I had my new gas tank (re-using as many parts as possible), and they were never able to successfully reprogram my Miles To Empty calculator.

Extrapolating from my simple “drop out one gas tank for another“ experience, I can’t even imagine how complex & expensive yours would be. You’re not talking about a simple button, but rather transfer case, driveshaft, maybe front disconnect axle, wiring, computer programming, ...

Take advice from @V1Rotate — enjoy it as built or trade it in.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the transfer cases are different and the 4a also has additional modules that the standard 4x4 does not. If you could do it, I would imagine it is impractical.

Then again that's what "they" said when they told me upfitter switches & hard top prep kits couldn't be added after production, but here I am with both. 🙂
Sponsored