Sponsored

4 year wait for Bronco orders?

Do you have/ are you receiving a 21' year Bronco?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TrippR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered through Damerow as well. Day 3 reservations. Hoping to hear something soon. I’m going to need something my May.
For me, the difference was the top. I switched from mod to soft top in March, and I got the scheduling email on Labor Day. I’m convinced its just the tops holding it up as I had literally everything else on the deadly constraints list (as noted on my signature block). once they announced the hard top prep kit, I was sold on the soft top. (One correction on that signature block- I switched from mod to soft in June of this year.). My order got picked up 3 months later.

Nick at Damerow has been there all along with me. no games, and open and honest.

if you need yours in May, and you can live short term with a soft top, I’d go that route. I’ve lived in OR for 32 years, 23 of them with a soft top Wrangler as a daily driver, so I acknowledge being more comfortable than most with a soft top. I’m planning on a real mod top in ’23, and will reach out to all my Oregon friends to split the freight on a group buy 😀.
Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

504 days...And counting.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am happy for you, but this is why I will never buy a new Ford again.....ever. I reserved a 2 door base in July 2020, ordered January 2021 and based on my dealers allocation will most likely not see my order until 2023 or 2024.
I don’t see how this could even be possible. 2024? The Bronco won’t even be a thing by then. I’m probably in the same boat though, very early July 2020 reservation, then heard about Mansquatch so cancelled and placed a Grangetober reservation but haven’t placed order yet. I figured sometime in 2022 but def not 2024….Ouch.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t see how this could even be possible. 2024? The Bronco won’t even be a thing by then. I’m probably in the same boat though, very early July 2020 reservation, then heard about Mansquatch so cancelled and placed a Grangetober reservation but haven’t placed order yet. I figured sometime in 2022 but def not 2024….Ouch.
Depending on where you are in Grange-tober, it is real. It's not Zach's fault. Ford has changed the rules with regards to allocation. The line of reservation holders is long at Granger and Ford will only allocate so many regardless of their capacity to produce enough Broncos to satisfy every reservation holder nationwide with a MY'22. I'm a Grange-tober buyer and I'm looking at MY'25 by the time my number is picked.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on where you are in Grange-tober, it is real. It's not Zach's fault. Ford has changed the rules with regards to allocation. The line of reservation holders is long at Granger and Ford will only allocate so many regardless of their capacity to produce enough Broncos to satisfy every reservation holder nationwide with a MY'22. I'm a Grange-tober buyer and I'm looking at MY'25 by the time my number is picked.
wow. I had no idea it could possibly be that long. By that time Broncos will be everywhere, ADM will be a thing of the past on Broncos and there will be plenty of used Broncos for sale. The $2,000 below invoice becomes less important. Pretty sad what Ford has done here. I’ve bought many cars but this is truly f’d up.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same boat, Ford's formula does not even consider the amount of reservation orders at a dealer when deciding how many to send that dealer. Let that sink in... Ford does not care how many people have reservations or how long they have waited or will have to wait to get a Bronco at their preferred dealer. You must go to a Ford preferred dealer to get a truck before the lots of are full of dealer stock. Gives "My way or the highway" new meaning.

I am looking at late 2023 or 2024 at Granger as well (best case under current allocations, I am around 475 in line there). There is zero chance I will buy somewhere else to appease Ford's temper tantrum. I fully expect Ford to screw me in the future by cancelling price protection, ditching the manual, or just cancelling the reservation system completely and ending up in a 2023 4runner or something that is not a Ford.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

same boat, Ford's formula does not even consider the amount of reservation orders at a dealer when deciding how many to send that dealer. Let that sink in... Ford does not care how many people have reservations or how long they have waited or will have to wait to get a Bronco at their preferred dealer. You must go to a Ford preferred dealer to get a truck before the lots of are full of dealer stock. Gives "My way or the highway" new meaning.

I am looking at late 2023 or 2024 at Granger as well (best case under current allocations, I am around 475 in line there). There is zero chance I will buy somewhere else to appease Ford's temper tantrum. I fully expect Ford to screw me in the future by cancelling price protection, ditching the manual, or just cancelling the reservation system completely and ending up in a 2023 4runner or something that is not a Ford.
We have discussed my plan in the transfer thread. I tried to play by their new rules in transferring my reservation. But they won't do it. I expect price protection to go away. They don't care about buyers. We are not their customers - the dealers are. Knowing that they have already cancelled reservations for FE buyers, it wouldn't surprise me to see the reservation system scrapped altogether in MY'23. They'll just point to the fact that Broncos are available on dealer's lots around the country to justify a reservation system is no longer needed.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wow. I had no idea it could possibly be that long. By that time Broncos will be everywhere, ADM will be a thing of the past on Broncos and there will be plenty of used Broncos for sale. The $2,000 below invoice becomes less important. Pretty sad what Ford has done here. I’ve bought many cars but this is truly f’d up.
If the reservation system is left intact and the reservations aren't cancelled by Ford, I still think there is value in the $2K below invoice. The delta in cost savings is less vs. promotions on dealer stock. But any special order will still be closer to MSRP. If someone is flexible in options and color, then it may not make much sense. But if you want your Bronco to be customized to your specifications, the $2k below invoice will still be a viable savings option.

My original reservation at Granger is slotted to be a MY'25. Ford has to be high to think someone will wait 5 years from date of reservation. There are threads on the 500+ day waiting club. Wake me when the 1500 day waiting club thread starts.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those that have been waiting a long time, had their reservation in, had their order placed, and feel they are losing out. Start a conversation with their dealer, and try to get a Ford rep involved. You have to advocate for yourself as much as possible. If the dealer wants your business, and Ford wants your business, let them know they are at risk of losing it. Let them know you understand the issues they have been having, and you understand there is going to be some delay. But let them know when your understanding ends, and it's time for them to step up.
Be that squeaky wheel, you've got nothing to lose, and much to gain.
And if your dealer won't go to bat for you with Ford, you may want to find another dealer.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yep I may not cancel my order outright but probly just walk away from paying any attention any more, go pursue another reliable great truck & there are many. Thanks for nothing Ford - you won't get my business but you WILL get my wrath - every & anyone I talk to about cars forever more will be to avoid Ford, the epitome of extreme dishonest greed run amok!

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure how much longer I will wait. I'm 4 reservation holder at my local dealer, and he has more than enough allocations. That said if people keep coming in and ordering lower trim Broncos that are not filled with constrained options, could he run out of allocations? I'm not sure.

I do know if I decide not to wait come March or so, I'll never give Ford any business again.

Azfordman

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not part of the Grainger group. I went with my local dealer, just like Ford asked us to do when we first made the reservation.
Sponsored