RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exposed bolts on fender deletes - Can't tell from these photos if those are bolts or what (and if they are, then these likely take more effort to install/remove than the factory flares), but for fender deletes I'd like (and almost expect) a cleaner look. Hopefully someone else will produce a kit with no exposed fasteners. (And I'm curious if anyone will make a body paint-matched kit.)
I think the exposed fasteners are what makes these look cool. Not for $90 per corner though. :oops:
Sponsored

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe "assembled" in San Diego but their stuff is made in China...
You do know I work at 4WP Engineering right? lol My team helped push the new products through MFG right here in San Diego.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do know I work at 4WP Engineering right? lol My team helped push the new products through MFG right here in San Diego.
to be fair if you are making things that are actually made in the US it should be plastered all over the website and physically on the product

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the exposed fasteners are what makes these look cool. Not for $90 per corner though. :oops:
I can understand that some people will like that look, just like some people like bushwacker flares.

What seems odd to me about it is the whole idea of these delete kits is to cover up the holes - otherwise just remove the flares and be done. But you cover the area and use something that effectively just makes the holes a different color? Why not just get plugs to put in the holes and be done with it?

No fault if others like it - just seems nonsensical to me.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Level lifts are a less expensive way to get more tire clearance. They generally add no suspension upgrades like shock tune or wheel travel.
Thanks for your terrific insights. Can you also describe the coilover upgrades as they apply to the various factory suspensions?

They will clearly provide a wheel travel advantage for non-SAS/non-BL (black shock) applications, especially when coupled with a manual sway bar disconnect.

The coilovers can also provide adjustable lift for SAS/BL. However, are there other advantages for SAS applications when compared to collar or spring upgrades to yellow factory shocks? Is the front and rear wheel travel essentially the same as SAS or improved somehow?

Sponsored

PNWB2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any chance that front bumper might fit on a Ranger? Same-ish frame right? Currently lacking affordable options and I like the way that one looks!

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
to be fair if you are making things that are actually made in the US it should be plastered all over the website and physically on the product
We try to keep as much stuff in our San Diego facility as we can. But, we also need to be competitive. once the market becomes saturated with competing products we start to outsource them. While that happens, Engineering designs a whole new batch of products to run though Manufacturing. if you are ever in San Diego, I'll give you a tour.

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for your terrific insights. Can you also describe the coilover upgrades as they apply to the various factory suspensions?

They will clearly provide a wheel travel advantage for non-SAS/non-BL (black shock) applications, especially when coupled with a manual sway bar disconnect.

The coilovers can also provide adjustable lift for SAS/BL. However, are there other advantages for SAS applications when compared to collar or spring upgrades to yellow factory shocks? Is the front and rear wheel travel essentially the same as SAS or improved somehow?
You hit it on the head. Bilstein is maximized to the travel limits. So our Coilover is very similar to The Squatch wheel travel. we do have a bigger piston and aluminum body. our shocks have the ability to be disassembled for tune or oil replacement. They also don't need to be fully disassembled to change the spring preload.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We try to keep as much stuff in our San Diego facility as we can. But, we also need to be competitive. once the market becomes saturated with competing products we start to outsource them. While that happens, Engineering designs a whole new batch of products to run though Manufacturing. if you are ever in San Diego, I'll give you a tour.
if you have to outsource you should seriously just consider moving to a free state

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You hit it on the head. Bilstein is maximized to the travel limits. So our Coilover is very similar to The Squatch wheel travel. we do have a bigger piston and aluminum body. our shocks have the ability to be disassembled for tune or oil replacement. They also don't need to be fully disassembled to change the spring preload.
I appreciate your input on this product!

This was something you spoke about in the pre-release videos and alluded to them having extra travel or were a great upgrade to the non-sasquatch folks to give them "better than squatch" type off-road capabilities yet also controlled and smooth around town. You couldn't post full specs or talk specifics at that time but are you able to do so now?

Do you have any media on your shocks yet? I'd like to see a bit more detail than the quick early PDF in the original post, if possible.

PS: I'd also like you to broadly post what toothpaste brand you use each day and their country of origin. If you change then it would be best to also broadly announce that. Please don't forget that the forum users need to know exactly what BBQ you use, how you like you're steaks and if you're drinking whisky, what exactly you're drinking and how much in a glass. Again, just some business suggestions on-par with a few of the humorous ones that have come up on the last page or so.

PPS: I assume Aquafresh whitening or perhaps the kids Colgate with the glitter in it. OMG, i'm a sucker for that glitter! Never too late to treat yourself to glitter toothpaste!

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I appreciate your input on this product!

This was something you spoke about in the pre-release videos and alluded to them having extra travel or were a great upgrade to the non-sasquatch folks to give them "better than squatch" type off-road capabilities yet also controlled and smooth around town. You couldn't post full specs or talk specifics at that time but are you able to do so now?

Do you have any media on your shocks yet? I'd like to see a bit more detail than the quick early PDF in the original post, if possible.

PS: I'd also like you to broadly post what toothpaste brand you use each day and their country of origin. If you change then it would be best to also broadly announce that. Please don't forget that the forum users need to know exactly what BBQ you use, how you like you're steaks and if you're drinking whisky, what exactly you're drinking and how much in a glass. Again, just some business suggestions on-par with a few of the humorous ones that have come up on the last page or so.

PPS: I assume Aquafresh whitening or perhaps the kids Colgate with the glitter in it. OMG, i'm a sucker for that glitter! Never too late to treat yourself to glitter toothpaste!

Oh Rick, You never cease to amuse me! I try really hard not to bite when people troll. I've been in these shark infested waters before. 😉 we try our best to make great products and get to market quickly all for the right price and an awesome warranty. What else can we do.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh Rick, You never cease to amuse me! I try really hard not to bite when people troll. I've been in these shark infested waters before. 😉 we try our best to make great products and get to market quickly all for the right price and an awesome warranty. What else can we do.
All snark aside, I am genuinely interested in the shocks! Have been since the preview video, especially by their description back then.. Waiting with baited breath on their actual production stats and how they compare.

Generally speaking, i'm more of a "lite modified" suspension guy. Even when driving my Evo9 track/DD I didn't go the whole Ohlins full custom build route in favor of a more forgiving and all-around setup. On the '61 T-bird i've got custom made springs from JAMCO paired with custom valved Bilstein's which are just lovely to drive on compared to parts-store $35 shocks and dropping a few coils with a torch.

I'm ordering a Badlands (non-sasquatch, no tire upgrade) and after driving a rental from Twisted Jeeps in Moab (and seeing your rigs there at the same time, you know, had you been over there for some filming and what not...... 😵), i'm thinking that mild suspension upgrades will give me the most bang for the buck as i'm not planning to go 35"/37" tires anytime soon and the PNW trails are pretty narrow.

I figure that aftermarket suspension upgrades will turn out better than what Sasquatch offers for Badlands at nearly the same price point. (y)

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All snark aside, I am genuinely interested in the shocks! Have been since the preview video, especially by their description back then.. Waiting with baited breath on their actual production stats and how they compare.

Generally speaking, i'm more of a "lite modified" suspension guy. Even when driving my Evo9 track/DD I didn't go the whole Ohlins full custom build route in favor of a more forgiving and all-around setup. On the '61 T-bird i've got custom made springs from JAMCO paired with custom valved Bilstein's which are just lovely to drive on compared to parts-store $35 shocks and dropping a few coils with a torch.

I'm ordering a Badlands (non-sasquatch, no tire upgrade) and after driving a rental from Twisted Jeeps in Moab (and seeing your rigs there at the same time, you know, had you been over there for some filming and what not...... 😵), i'm thinking that mild suspension upgrades will give me the most bang for the buck as i'm not planning to go 35"/37" tires anytime soon and the PNW trails are pretty narrow.

I figure that aftermarket suspension upgrades will turn out better than what Sasquatch offers for Badlands at nearly the same price point. (y)
There will be more info coming on suspension next week I believe as they go on sale. Lets see what marketing releases before I over share and get in trouble. lol (With our shocks I'd go straight to 35'' on 35mm offset wheels and never look back)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There will be more info coming on suspension next week I believe as they go on sale. Lets see what marketing releases before I over share and get in trouble. lol (With our shocks I'd go straight to 35'' on 35mm offset wheels and never look back)
We don't need anyone breaking their product info embargo, or press embargo's from the Moab events, that would be dirty pool!

A second set of wheels/tires dedicated to the off-road weekends is certainly in the cards, those will be on 35" tires. But they can't be the daily drivers if she's going to fit in the garage at work or home (up here, a garage at work is golden due to the constant intermittent rain).

Appreciate the offset suggestion!
Sponsored