Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“…most likely waiting on a chip…”

Also known as “ I have no frickin’ clue”
no joke, a few weeks ago when I was checking in w/my dealer he had told me they are putting the newly made cars in the yard and when they go to pick them for delivery they take the cars upfront. so all the old cars were just getting pushed back further and further.
I cant bring myself to believing, but at this point who the hell knows...
Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no joke, a few weeks ago when I was checking in w/my dealer he had told me they are putting the newly made cars in the yard and when they go to pick them for delivery they take the cars upfront. so all the old cars were just getting pushed back further and further.
I cant bring myself to believing, but at this point who the hell knows...
I heard that as well for F150s.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer heard back today from their Ford Rep. "He says it's built and it's at the plant" I could literally get no other information from him. I pushed about escalation and he just repeated over and over "We're at the mercy of Ford, we don't know anything and there is no escalation".

It's maddeningly frustrating after all this time to be produced as part of a bad batch and then hear nothing from them after all the changes, sorries, and adjustments they've already made. I was excited to be one of the first builds, now I wish I would have waited, or been part of an October build. If this thing shows up and smells of mold from the rain, what am i going to choose not to buy it and have to wait another 3 years to get one?

They are being quiet because they want to avoid further embarrassment (which is inevitable honestly). I've said it before, if they were smart they would just forget hard tops this year, kill their deal with Webasto, and give everyone enough Ford points to buy an aftermarket solution when it becomes available.

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer heard back today from their Ford Rep. "He says it's built and it's at the plant" I could literally get no other information from him. I pushed about escalation and he just repeated over and over "We're at the mercy of Ford, we don't know anything and there is no escalation".

It's maddeningly frustrating after all this time to be produced as part of a bad batch and then hear nothing from them after all the changes, sorries, and adjustments they've already made. I was excited to be one of the first builds, now I wish I would have waited, or been part of an October build. If this thing shows up and smells of mold from the rain, what am i going to choose not to buy it and have to wait another 3 years to get one?

They are being quiet because they want to avoid further embarrassment (which is inevitable honestly). I've said it before, if they were smart they would just forget hard tops this year, kill their deal with Webasto, and give everyone enough Ford points to buy an aftermarket solution when it becomes available.
Escalation is going to be some major bad publicity, need to start contacting news outlets to start doing some investigate reporting.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Escalation is going to be some major bad publicity, need to start contacting news outlets to start doing some investigate reporting.
I agree, but only like 2 people retweeted the tweet to Levine, and the news outlets are already reporting this.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally heard back from my dealer:
"Your Bronco is built. it looks like it is at the plant most likely waiting on a chip. I will let you know as soon as we get an ETA."

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

giphy.gif
Wow that’s the same thing my dealer said , word for word, are you at the dealer in redlands, ca?

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I emailed some TV station up there, maybe they can cause a stink. I tried to find a way to tip a financial publication so it could hurt the stock price.

Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wonder if they got destroyed in the flood, and they just don't want to deal with it.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder if they got destroyed in the flood, and they just don't want to deal with it.
This is my biggest fear, or worse, they've been sitting in the rain and leaking inside for weeks. Making me wish I had gone with the badlands for the washout interior!

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last night, I went to be optimistic for the first time in several days that things would be looking up for us. Within a few days, hopefully we would hear something and see movement. Obviously, that decreased tm just a bit again when this morning there was no email. Reading several of the posts today about interactions with dealers, regional reps, and Ford phone support, I’m right back to the bottom again. It didn’t help that my dealer ghosted me today about any conversation with their regional rep. (I found him on LinkedIn, thought about barking up his tree myself). I REALLY like that some of you are reaching out to media sources. I have ZERO social media following, so they are likely not going to listen to me. To all of my lost brothren (or sistren?), I understand your feelings of helplessness and frustration. Rant over, and I feel slightly better now.

OP
OP
Peejmane

Peejmane

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the only problem Ive had so far is with my
Bluetooth. My phones musics skips in and out, but it seems to happen when I’m downtown in Lexington around bigger building and lots of people. Anyone else heard anything like this or know a troubleshoot idea?? Thanks! All good besides that

OCDON

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last night, I went to be optimistic for the first time in several days that things would be looking up for us. Within a few days, hopefully we would hear something and see movement. Obviously, that decreased tm just a bit again when this morning there was no email. Reading several of the posts today about interactions with dealers, regional reps, and Ford phone support, I’m right back to the bottom again. It didn’t help that my dealer ghosted me today about any conversation with their regional rep. (I found him on LinkedIn, thought about barking up his tree myself). I REALLY like that some of you are reaching out to media sources. I have ZERO social media following, so they are likely not going to listen to me. To all of my lost brothren (or sistren?), I understand your feelings of helplessness and frustration. Rant over, and I feel slightly better now.
Trying to stay positive as well. Tough seeing unit built two weeks after ours in driveways already. Zone rep said it’s built waiting on shipping. This log jam going to break soon and we’ll be all smiles.
Sponsored