Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer heard back today from their Ford Rep. "He says it's built and it's at the plant" I could literally get no other information from him. I pushed about escalation and he just repeated over and over "We're at the mercy of Ford, we don't know anything and there is no escalation".

It's maddeningly frustrating after all this time to be produced as part of a bad batch and then hear nothing from them after all the changes, sorries, and adjustments they've already made. I was excited to be one of the first builds, now I wish I would have waited, or been part of an October build. If this thing shows up and smells of mold from the rain, what am i going to choose not to buy it and have to wait another 3 years to get one?

They are being quiet because they want to avoid further embarrassment (which is inevitable honestly). I've said it before, if they were smart they would just forget hard tops this year, kill their deal with Webasto, and give everyone enough Ford points to buy an aftermarket solution when it becomes available.
Exactly what my dealer said and nothing more and nothing less.
I dont know if this will make things worse for us all stuck in this position, but it cant be a hardtop issue. I am a soft top at the reco of my dealer.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Random thoughts while I wait for the Cardinals game to start:

The "flood". While MAP didn't completely flood, we know that there was some cleanup that happened and they got a "little late" start on the following Monday 6/28. Mine (probably a lot of us that week) since had a blend date and "in production" date that were a day apart. Seems like they were a little more behind than we thought? Perhaps rushing to catch up?

The top itself. How many sets of eyes were laid upon it before they were tagged/pulled outside? They left Webasto, were delivered to Ford, accepted by Ford, and put into the assembly process. From the pictures I've seen, the MIC is attached somewhere in the process before the body is dropped onto the frame, so it rode with our Bronco for a good portion of the assembly line? Picked out at the end during the final inspection before "release"?

Now that we're built. Can they even legally offer us a soft top? Window sticker was issued and the Bronco was built to that spec, can they even change that before it goes to a dealer? Is that why there is no information? Exploring legalities of offering/making a change for us?

I'm frustrated like everyone about the unknown, but I've got some time before I'll be disappointed. Taking a road trip back to MO to see my folks for the first time in a couple of years starting end of Sep, so as long as I have enough time before that to finish out the break-in period, I'll be a happy camper (literally).

Well, here comes first pitch, thanks for reading my rant! (I'm fully aware it makes no sense)

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reached out to old fashioned regular media as I don't do the social media personal information sponge.

OP
OP
Peejmane

Peejmane

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Random thoughts while I wait for the Cardinals game to start:

The "flood". While MAP didn't completely flood, we know that there was some cleanup that happened and they got a "little late" start on the following Monday 6/28. Mine (probably a lot of us that week) since had a blend date and "in production" date that were a day apart. Seems like they were a little more behind than we thought? Perhaps rushing to catch up?

The top itself. How many sets of eyes were laid upon it before they were tagged/pulled outside? They left Webasto, were delivered to Ford, accepted by Ford, and put into the assembly process. From the pictures I've seen, the MIC is attached somewhere in the process before the body is dropped onto the frame, so it rode with our Bronco for a good portion of the assembly line? Picked out at the end during the final inspection before "release"?

Now that we're built. Can they even legally offer us a soft top? Window sticker was issued and the Bronco was built to that spec, can they even change that before it goes to a dealer? Is that why there is no information? Exploring legalities of offering/making a change for us?

I'm frustrated like everyone about the unknown, but I've got some time before I'll be disappointed. Taking a road trip back to MO to see my folks for the first time in a couple of years starting end of Sep, so as long as I have enough time before that to finish out the break-in period, I'll be a happy camper (literally).

Well, here comes first pitch, thanks for reading my rant! (I'm fully aware it makes no sense)
Well prepare to be more frustratedā€¦..

GO CUBS!

7EBBC8D9-BD19-41CC-B02C-3AE365943210.gif

Sponsored

CGore92207

Black Diamond
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reached out to old fashioned regular media as I don't do the social media personal information sponge.
I received some info from a little birdie today. šŸ˜‰ Iā€™m hoping that this turns out to be factual, because it will make us all have a conclusion to look forward to and we can just relax this week. We may get a surprise email this week if they are able to get to one of ours, but the info I got today was that even though the plant is down next week, they arenā€™t completely down. They will not be producing new builds, but there will be employees there fixing and clearing the Broncos sitting around in the lots. Mine for example was confirmed to need a new top, as Iā€™m sure thatā€™s the problem for all of ours at this point. So if we donā€™t see movement next week for sure, I think we all demand answers. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤žšŸ¼

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received some info from a little birdie today. šŸ˜‰ Iā€™m hoping that this turns out to be factual, because it will make us all have a conclusion to look forward to and we can just relax this week. We may get a surprise email this week if they are able to get to one of ours, but the info I got today was that even though the plant is down next week, they arenā€™t completely down. They will not be producing new builds, but there will be employees there fixing and clearing the Broncos sitting around in the lots. Mine for example was confirmed to need a new top, as Iā€™m sure thatā€™s the problem for all of ours at this point. So if we donā€™t see movement next week for sure, I think we all demand answers. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤žšŸ¼
Dont you dare make me hopeful!!

Sponsored

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wasnā€™t this theory shot down when all our builds were still sitting idle through the last shut down? What makes us think the upcoming shutdown will be any different?

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco WT. ā€˜23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did you get confirmation that your top was bad?

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wasnā€™t this theory shot down when all our builds were still sitting idle through the last shut down? What makes us think the upcoming shutdown will be any different?
Ford Bronco 6/30 blend dates 51ga50

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will believe it when I see it, but for now I'm going to assume the bird is wrong.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was feeling a bit of deja vu reading that too.
Sponsored