Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Up until July 21st some MIC tops did meet QC and get shipped. Some of the shipments by rail have been really slow. I know of one that a Mid July blend that just arrived after having tons of rail issues and when it arrived the center of the hood was damaged.

Update on this - you were right. She didn't know her blend date, but they got their built email 7/22 and sounded like she was a day 1 res.

Sponsored

MWCK35

Outer Banks
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, my soft top orders just got slapped with another delay. Two new build weeks in the same day , this is a new low.

I don't understand how a company like Ford cannot or does not have a scheduling system in place where they can change the visibility of some of the steps...I get that scheduling is a moving target sometimes, but good grief. Some of the scheduling headaches and frustration would have been a lot easier on everyone involved if you weren't notified of your build date every time it changed or even if it wasn't tagged as 'scheduled for production'.

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't understand how a company like Ford cannot or does not have a scheduling system in place where they can change the visibility of some of the steps...I get that scheduling is a moving target sometimes, but good grief. Some of the scheduling headaches and frustration would have been a lot easier on everyone involved if you weren't notified of your build date every time it changed or even if it wasn't tagged as 'scheduled for production'.
I have builds that were scheduled for 9/27 that are now pushed back to 11/15. I'd imagine that we will see another email by the end of this week explaining another delay. I genuinely feel bad for these individuals who switched to a soft top, thinking it would finally give them the ability to see the light at the end of the tunnel, only for that light to move further and further away.

The worst part about this is that I don't see if getting any better any time soon. If Ford is already at the week of 11/15 there isn't many weeks left to fill before the 22MY changeover. Ford is stating that MIC 2.0 tops for delivered Broncos won't be available until some time in Q4, which leads me to believe that they have no idea when it will be ready.

I'd imagine that right now the Bronco team is having a meeting to discuss the next steps forward, and I would imagine that shipping the 3,000+ Broncos on Dirt Mountain with MIC 1.0 is looking more and more appealing by the day.

MWCK35

Outer Banks
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have builds that were scheduled for 9/27 that are now pushed back to 11/15. I'd imagine that we will see another email by the end of this week explaining another delay. I genuinely feel bad for these individuals who switched to a soft top, thinking it would finally give them the ability to see the light at the end of the tunnel, only for that light to move further and further away.

The worst part about this is that I don't see if getting any better any time soon. If Ford is already at the week of 11/15 there isn't many weeks left to fill before the 22MY changeover. Ford is stating that MIC 2.0 tops for delivered Broncos won't be available until some time in Q4, which leads me to believe that they have no idea when it will be ready.

I'd imagine that right now the Bronco team is having a meeting to discuss the next steps forward, and I would imagine that shipping the 3,000+ Broncos on Dirt Mountain with MIC 1.0 is looking more and more appealing by the day.
It really is a shame and Ford could have saved a lot of heartburn just being honest. I haven't searched the forums, but I don't know if anyone has seen the mess Ford is dealing with in Flat Rock, MI as well...not Bronco-related but I'm sure has some trickle-down effect, not to mention another PR nightmare.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...ical-leak-prompts-evacuations-school-closure/

Sponsored

mouseratandtheduke

Base
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point, I'm not sure I even want mine anymore. It's so discouraging seeing people who have built dates two months after my 6/30 take delivery, while mine's just sitting on a hill somewhere waiting for parts that they obviously have (if they're building them already). I've been a loyal Ford guy for nearly 20 years, and I'm sure they won't notice/care about me going elsewhere, but the complete lack of transparency and communication is what's got me so down. Even in Covid times, you can still tell your customers what's up.

I know venting here is probably useless, but haven't found a group that knows what this feels like besides here.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At this point, I'm not sure I even want mine anymore. It's so discouraging seeing people who have built dates two months after my 6/30 take delivery, while mine's just sitting on a hill somewhere waiting for parts that they obviously have (if they're building them already). I've been a loyal Ford guy for nearly 20 years, and I'm sure they won't notice/care about me going elsewhere, but the complete lack of transparency and communication is what's got me so down. Even in Covid times, you can still tell your customers what's up.

I know venting here is probably useless, but haven't found a group that knows what this feels like besides here.
We hear you. Vent away, it’s nothing that we haven’t been saying for 2 months. Have a drink.

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If they are behind schedule sending the built ones out is the right thing to do. Honesty is the best policy.
It is really all about weighing the cost of shipping them out now vs. later. Since it seems like Ford will not be able to rely on the production of soft top units as heavily as they originally thought, sending out Dirt Mountain Broncos is a solution for Ford to cash out now and fix later.

Yes, the cost of sending the tops to the dealer and having them swap them out will be greater than fixing them at the plant, but each day those units sit is costing them more and more. At some point, the cost of having them sit is going to be greater than shipping them now. Getting them in the hands of the buyers now would give Ford some extra cash, and the dealer now has the chance to sell warranties, protection plans, accessories, etc. This doesn't even account for the amount of goodwill, social posts, and free publicity that Ford would receive from its customers by giving them the product that they have been waiting over a year for.

The old saying "If it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense" no longer applies. They need to think about the long term effects of these delays on the Bronco brand. If Ford truly believes that it can grow into a standalone brand that will rival Jeep, they need to stop thinking 3 months ahead and start thinking 3 years ahead.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It is really all about weighing the cost of shipping them out now vs. later. Since it seems like Ford will not be able to rely on the production of soft top units as heavily as they originally thought, sending out Dirt Mountain Broncos is a solution for Ford to cash out now and fix later.

Yes, the cost of sending the tops to the dealer and having them swap them out will be greater than fixing them at the plant, but each day those units sit is costing them more and more. At some point, the cost of having them sit is going to be greater than shipping them now. Getting them in the hands of the buyers now would give Ford some extra cash, and the dealer now has the chance to sell warranties, protection plans, accessories, etc. This doesn't even account for the amount of goodwill, social posts, and free publicity that Ford would receive from its customers by giving them the product that they have been waiting over a year for.

The old saying "If it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense" no longer applies. They need to think about the long term effects of these delays on the Bronco brand. If Ford truly believes that it can grow into a standalone brand that will rival Jeep, they need to stop thinking 3 months ahead and start thinking 3 years ahead.
Ford could sit on these Broncos for a year and probably still come out ahead financially instead of shipping thousands of tops out, having the dealer install them, and then disposing of them. Even though we might not wait it out they know someone will buy them once they get shipped.

I wanted Ford to ship the impacted Broncos out as is as well but after realizing the number of them sitting it's just too many to ship and fix later.

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford could sit on these Broncos for a year and probably still come out ahead financially instead of shipping thousands of tops out, having the dealer install them, and then disposing of them. Even though we might not wait it out, they know someone will buy them once they get shipped.

I wanted Ford to ship the impacted Broncos out as is as well, but after realizing the number of them sitting, it's just too many to ship and fix later.
You are correct, it is more expensive to ship the tops later. My point is that the benefits outweigh the cost. I am sure the cost to fix 3,000+ additional roofs would be between $6,000,00-12,000,000. Let's factor in that the average buyer will spend $1,000 at the dealer on accessories ($3,000,000), and now you are looking at a slightly smaller number. Yes, there will be another buyer for the Bronco if we back out, but are they going to spend $1000's more in Ford accessories after they just paid $10,000 over MSRP for a year-old vehicle?!

Just because they will need to replace them, doesn't mean that they will have to replace them immediately. That cost can be spread out across the year, and I am sure that most of us would be perfectly fine running around with MIC 1.0 for a year since the issue is purely cosmetic.
Sponsored