Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a sausage McGriddle with American cheese. It was delicious. But sure keep thinking it’s okay to tell other adults what they should do. I just think it makes you look like a Nancy, no big deal.
You mean "processed" cheese, correct?
Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@mtap great idea on the dyi rail and I am pissed I didn't think of it myself as I go to parts cabinet and pull out several rail sections I have left over from various builds...GRRR!

I have my phone currently on an adjustable magnet on top of the dash of my Raptor and I have never had any issues seeing pedestrians although it is lower than the pic appears...but the area of the windshield is definitely larger compared to the Bronco. I can't imagine you will have any issue with visibility but until I get mine and setup I don't know first hand. You could turn the phone sideways and should be looking over it and the action cam is not much taller then your phone sideways. Let us know how it works out...and @Blue's B6G a sausage mcgriddle? Man those things are the devil! So good! I try to avoid them b/c I really want 2!

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@mtap great idea on the dyi rail and I am pissed I didn't think of it myself as I go to parts cabinet and pull out several rail sections I have left over from various builds...GRRR!

I have my phone currently on an adjustable magnet on top of the dash of my Raptor and I have never had any issues seeing pedestrians although it is lower than the pic appears...but the area of the windshield is definitely larger compared to the Bronco. I can't imagine you will have any issue with visibility but until I get mine and setup I don't know first hand. You could turn the phone sideways and should be looking over it and the action cam is not much taller then your phone sideways. Let us know how it works out...and @Blue's B6G a sausage mcgriddle? Man those things are the devil! So good! I try to avoid them b/c I really want 2!
I’m also running a magnet mount on my tundra…using a magpul sleeve and I cut a square piece of metal to fit right in one of the squares. I might still do a magnet for the Bronco…like i said, I’m just making the rail mounts for friends that want that option.

You’d be surprised with the ideas you come up with while digging through your “parts bin” while waiting on your Bronco 😉

038EC777-B025-480D-9751-145800B2E01E.jpeg

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m hoping to marry up a RAM armature to their new Apple “MagSafe” ball component. This way it can charge (wireless CarPlay is a big battery drain), and be quick to remove. Pluck and go!

[Edit: Apple iPhone 12 and newer solution only]

Due to visibility, I may end continuing to use my suction-cup mount though. We’ll see.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I guess Ford put the thread there for no reason at all. It’s the same mount used by Ford at the Off-Roadeo btw during the media event.

Seriously, I’m an adult. I don’t even know how we got to a place in 2021 where adults now think it’s okay to tell other adults what to do like they’re your mom. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ford also made it easy to take the doors off, but they don’t recommend driving around the street with no doors. So anyway, I‘m looking at it from the perspective of a rider who’s lost friends that have been hit by people who’s vision was obstructed. You can screw anything you want to in that hole, it doesn’t make it a great idea. Isn’t that why we post things, to get other peoples opinions on what we’ve done?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those people worried about others running over a nun who is walking her class down the cross walk because the phone/go-pro/gps/cb/what-have-you was blocking the windshield and impeding their view, below is an eye level pic of a typical camera mount. Seems that pesky rearview mirror is the true culprit. And good thing I took off the TX air freshener dangling from said mirror as it made the view worse than Ricky Bobby with his Fig Newton sponsorship. Relax people, I know this is the internet but not everything has to be negative all the time.
Ford Bronco 67 Designs Dash Mount on Bronco PXL_20210911_132732792

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn’t that why we post things, to get other peoples opinions on what we’ve done?
I was just trying to be helpful for recording trail video over the long hood of the Bronco.
the right size to fit just below the rear view mirror.
I had trouble figuring out the right size arm that fits straight up for recording trail footage.
Ford Bronco 67 Designs Dash Mount on Bronco 1D0A4591-12F0-4CFD-B453-520D6173628D

Not too many pedestrians out here.

Also, maybe most people don’t get that the arms are adjustable and in this trail position the iPhone is sideways, which is not how someone would position their phone while driving around on the road. Thought that was obvious. Idk. Whatever, GLTA.

Last edited:

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find my small action camera fits good on the dash mount and as for phone the link in carplay seems to work great so i added a wireless charger to the cubby in front of shifter for the phone to sit on,the windshield is so short as it is that more stuff on dash might be bad.Was really interested in the unobtainium dash rail ford had at first because it sits closer to dash for extra clearance,I think sema this year will have lots of gizmos for all of us techies

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What ever happened to the 1913 rail they had planned?

I'd like to see a rail with flush mounts along the edges of the dash so there aren't too many obstructions.

Otherwise, nice find, let us know how that works out for you. (y)
“Stay Tuned” 🤣

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I guess Ford put the thread there for no reason at all. It’s the same mount used by Ford at the Off-Roadeo btw during the media event.

Seriously, I’m an adult. I don’t even know how we got to a place in 2021 where adults now think it’s okay to tell other adults what to do like they’re your mom. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You know who those adults are they’re called politicians 🤣🤣🤣🙈

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where does my comment tell you what to do? It just states a fact- that you mounted that in such a way that blocks visibility.
OMG here we go again throwing chairs. I think the point is by people do what they do no one cares about your opinion if you want them to do that then go into politics and see how that works out for you OK I’m done now🤣

Brunickw

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those people worried about others running over a nun who is walking her class down the cross walk because the phone/go-pro/gps/cb/what-have-you was blocking the windshield and impeding their view, below is an eye level pic of a typical camera mount. Seems that pesky rearview mirror is the true culprit. And good thing I took off the TX air freshener dangling from said mirror as it made the view worse than Ricky Bobby with his Fig Newton sponsorship. Relax people, I know this is the internet but not everything has to be negative all the time.
Ford Bronco 67 Designs Dash Mount on Bronco 1D0A4591-12F0-4CFD-B453-520D6173628D
What camera mount is that? Thanks

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a sausage McGriddle with American cheese. It was delicious. But sure keep thinking it’s okay to tell other adults what they should do. I just think it makes you look like a Nancy, no big deal.
Well, you are clearly a sheeple as the others are sayin'. Sausage McGriddles should only be eaten with no cheese, extra butter and a round McMuffin egg added. (Cuz' that's the way I think it should be eaten!)
Sponsored