Sponsored

7,764 MILES AND A BROKEN TIMING CHAIN???!!!

OP
OP
Badsquatchman

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something is not right. The 2.7 has been around for a while.
That’s what I thought. I’ve not modified the motor at all and don’t drive it hard.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like 30 days is a pretty much the main criteria.

IMG_1104.jpeg
Typical Maryland "feel good" law. Does nothing, but the legislators get to walk away rubbing their bellies and be able to brag to their core about how they looked out for them...

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was very proactive- pushed to ensure I had price protection when my order rolled over from a 2022 order to a 2023. When it came in this past December “the dealer said” the price protection/private offer would be in a check after purchase- Loooong story short- the dealer manager says Ford F’ed up and Ford says the dealer F’ed up. Turns out I’m the only one F’ed.
I hope they get the engine replaced soon for you. But for the price protection I would not let that slide. That F'ed up they claim is $$ that probably went in someone else's pocket. I hate hearing these things how the dealerships or manufacturers treat the customers.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was very proactive- pushed to ensure I had price protection when my order rolled over from a 2022 order to a 2023. When it came in this past December “the dealer said” the price protection/private offer would be in a check after purchase- Loooong story short- the dealer manager says Ford F’ed up and Ford says the dealer F’ed up. Turns out I’m the only one F’ed.
This is usually on the dealership. They don't know how to navigate Ford's system then blame Ford. I find it odd that some get it and some don't. There's absolutely no reason it can't be corrected retroactively except that the dealership is complacent.

Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is usually on the dealership. They don't know how to navigate Ford's system then blame Ford. I find it odd that some get it and some don't. There's absolutely no reason it can't be corrected retroactively except that the dealership is complacent.
..or greedy.
Where is @FordMotorCompany to ask for the VIN to expedite the repair and check delivery ??????????

dametime

Black Diamond
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sad to report that after getting my cam phasers replace at 7,302 miles 😕My new 2023 Badlands has to have the 2.7 motor replaced due to a broken timing chain at 7,764 miles. She left me on the side of the road on my way to work. I’ve been aghast and shocked since.

This all comes after I’ve been informed I got screwed out of my price protection/private offer$$. What a kick in the #$&*. I’m a first time Ford customer and very disappointed
I’ve only been on this forum for a little over a month & was lucky enough to get scheduled this june. but I’m feeling more & more concerned about all the issues that I have seen within such a short time-line..

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm living under a rock... My 3 valve 5.4L had cam phaser issues, I've never heard of a 2.7L having this issue... Going back under my rock now.

• Haha
Reactions: 0ne

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad to report that after getting my cam phasers replace at 7,302 miles 😕My new 2023 Badlands has to have the 2.7 motor replaced due to a broken timing chain at 7,764 miles. She left me on the side of the road on my way to work. I’ve been aghast and shocked since.

This all comes after I’ve been informed I got screwed out of my price protection/private offer$$. What a kick in the #$&*. I’m a first time Ford customer and very disappointed
Your problem is your dealership, hate your engine broke.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The pace at which vehicles is being delivered is on FMC.
The price protection issues are totally on scumbag dealers. Trust me, they know how to navigate Fords systems. They are all well aware of discounts and incentives. They monitor that shit like a greasy chicken hawk over roadkill.

Some dealers are just banking on buyers either not being aware of free money or not pursuing getting it.

Edit: salesman and other employees are often not told about about certain incentives or other available money. It comes down to the people who have access to the Ford systems. And they are often people who buyers never speak with

Last edited:

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A chicken hawk is a turkey vulture.
At least they are where I live 😆

fourdayoff

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My window sticker was 2k more than original order and I was told I had price protection. The dealer gave me 8oo.oo at purchase toward the 2k and said ford would send me the rest. after waiting never saw it. The dealer kept saying it was ford. So finally went up the chain at ford and spoke to a person that said it was the dealer and she would escalate this into one of their meetings. About a week later the dealer called me and stated they would write me a check to settle the balance, got the check in the mail. I had a feeling ford pressured the dealer. Jim

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm living under a rock... My 3 valve 5.4L had cam phaser issues, I've never heard of a 2.7L having this issue... Going back under my rock now.
Every engine with variable valve timing has some level of cam phaser issues. Ford has several engines that fail more than others (3.5,5.4).

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve only been on this forum for a little over a month & was lucky enough to get scheduled this june. but I’m feeling more & more concerned about all the issues that I have seen within such a short time-line..
I’ve been addicted to this forum for a while and need a Bronco like an addict needs meth. The sane part of my brain keeps telling me to run far away from this train wreck that is the Bronco quality roulette…but like a good addict I tell it to F off and here I am pacing the floor waiting for my turn to receive mine.

I know exactly how you feel tho man!!
Sponsored