Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Badlands - 7 Speed - 4 Cylinder - 1.5 months old - 550 miles

A few weeks ago our family took off on a 600 mile road trip to visit family for the holidays.
Conditions were as expected, crazy cold temps, hit -10, blowing snow roads were clear 95% of the drive. After an hour or so on the road the Bronco threw a bunch of codes.

-collision avoidance unavailable
-4x4 system unavailable
-abs system
-turbo pressure sensor error
-Service engine soon
-Drive modes not available
- cruise control not working
- lane keep assist quit

Driving was a mix of 2H , 4A and 4H. I was in the middle of nowhere and windchill was -36 when they started going off so had to press on despite warnings. Made it to the folks house, it was driving sluggish and seemed to limit me to below 4k rpm’s. It’s extremely sluggish and decelerates pretty hard if you let off the gas.

I have tried:
-Disconnecting the battery
- Pulled codes ( Boost pressure sensor read error)
- Check airbox for moisture
- visual inspection of the underside
- charged battery
- checked fuses
-check fuse box grounds

I called my dealer on the 26th of December. They wouldn’t look at it until February 2nd. 5 weeks of downtime for essentially a brand new vehicle. This is pretty damn frustrating when you drop a stupid amount of money and the vehicle is essentially un-drivable with so few miles on it.

@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Last edited:

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

A few weeks ago our family took off on a 600 mile road trip to visit family for the holidays.
Conditions were as expected, crazy cold temps, hit -10, blowing snow roads were clear 95% of the drive. After an hour or so on the road the Bronco threw a bunch of codes.

-4x4 system unavailable
-abs system
-Service engine soon
- lane keep assist quit

Driving was a mix of 2H , 4A and 4H. I was in the middle of nowhere and windchill was -36 when they started going off so had to press on despite warnings. Made it to the folks house, it was driving sluggish and seemed to limit me to below 4k rpm’s. It’s extremely sluggish and decelerates pretty hard if you let off the gas.

I have tried:
- charged battery

I called my dealer on the 26th of December. They wouldn’t look at it until February 2nd. 5 weeks of downtime for essentially a brand new vehicle. This is pretty damn frustrating when you drop a stupid amount of money and the vehicle is essentially un-drivable with so few miles on it.

@Ford Motor Company
Have you had any of the codes since the trip? That is crazy they told you a month out for it to come in for service. Hope everything works out.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably unrelated but I found half of my under hood fuses not fully seated and the the 3 bolts holding the fuse panel were tightened up a minimum of a quarter more turn.
I had a few weird electrical gremlins before I checked the fuses.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely sounds like engine bay fuses and grounds are not fully seated. Check those first.

OP
OP
Hurley1982

Hurley1982

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for ideas.
I forgot, I checked all the fuses and made sure they were properly seated. I also torqued the grounds making sure they were tight.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Problems like this always boil down to the same issue. Loose electrical connections.

Not only do you need to make sure both battery cables are tight, but all five nuts and bolts that hold your fuse box together (The three that hold it down actually are responsible for keeping The main wiring harnesses plugged into the bottom of the fuse box) + The two nuts that hold the metal plate to the primary battery cable.

In addition, make sure all of your fuses are seated, including the ones in the interior. 99% of my fuses were not seated, which was part of my personal pickup checklist before I even left the dealer lot.

There are also a couple of ground straps in the engine bay right up around the fuse box location. Make sure you have an added any wires to those points and that they're tight.

OP
OP
Hurley1982

Hurley1982

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problems like this always boil down to the same issue. Loose electrical connections.

Not only do you need to make sure both battery cables are tight, but all five nuts and bolts that hold your fuse box together (The three that hold it down actually are responsible for keeping The main wiring harnesses plugged into the bottom of the fuse box) + The two nuts that hold the metal plate to the primary battery cable.

In addition, make sure all of your fuses are seated, including the ones in the interior. 99% of my fuses were not seated, which was part of my personal pickup checklist before I even left the dealer lot.

There are also a couple of ground straps in the engine bay right up around the fuse box location. Make sure you have an added any wires to those points and that they're tight.
Thanks for the input. I have checked the battery connections as well as the fusebox fuses and connections. These are the connections I tightened.

8D791CB8-6A53-4DAE-AAD8-013575EE63CB.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

-4x4 system unavailable
-abs system
-Service engine soon
- lane keep assist quit

I have tried:
- charged battery
- checked fuses
-check fuse box grounds

@Ford Motor Company

Hey there! Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look into your error message and performance concerns.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One other thing, had mine back to the dealer for an error message and they reseated the plug to the body control module behind the glovebox and kick panel. Called plug 43 or something like that.

OP
OP
Hurley1982

Hurley1982

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One other thing, had mine back to the dealer for an error message and they reseated the plug to the body control module behind the glovebox and kick panel. Called plug 43 or something like that.
Will see what I can find.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hurley1982

Hurley1982

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you had any of the codes since the trip? That is crazy they told you a month out for it to come in for service. Hope everything works out.
Nothing new only code that I can pull is for the turbo pressure sensor, still present. Drive modes are still unavailable. Lane keep assist returned.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the input. I have checked the battery connections as well as the fusebox fuses and connections. These are the connections I tightened.

8D791CB8-6A53-4DAE-AAD8-013575EE63CB.jpeg
Darn...those are the ones!

Yeah there is that issue with the plug behind the glove box. I think Ford actually even released bulletin for it. The module controls like everything.

Hopefully they'll get it sorted quickly for you.
Sponsored