Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to say this but taking it to the body shop and not the service department is a shining example of why women get a bad wrap……..
Guess you didn’t “hate” it that bad because you still said it. If it was a decent Ford Dealer then the body shop should have been able to easily point her to Service to see if it was covered. Good on @broncoGIRL21 for braving the forums to get advice and the occasional male chauvinist comment.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ah yes, because the service department never tries to screw anyone.
She might as well have taken her car to Starbucks to ask if something was covered under warranty…… seriously wow sorry my common sense triggered you.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guess you didn’t “hate” it that bad because you still said it. If it was a decent Ford Dealer then the body shop should have been able to easily point her to Service to see if it was covered. Good on @broncoGIRL21 for braving the forums to get advice and the occasional male chauvinist comment.
It’s called a stereo type, perpetrated by doing exactly what the poster did. And being a decent dealer has nothing to do with anything. Typically body shop people are body shop people for a reason. They could give a shit about pointing her the right way because it would be of no benefit to them.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to say this but taking it to the body shop and not the service department is a shining example of why women get a bad wrap……..
The only good "wrap" on a woman is saran wrap. LOL!

To the OP, I hope your service department can get you squared away. Hopefully the correct longer bolt will be all that is needed. Good luck!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP keep us posted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoGIRL21

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone else had this happen?
I was washing my car when I noticed that the right side of my rear bumper looked like it was no longer attached to my vehicle. Upon further inspection, I was correct. The bolts underneath my car that are supposed to be holding my bumper to the vehicle look like they are completely stripped and no longer able to fasten the bumper to my car.

I have not been hit, been in an accident, or used any sort of car wash. I basically just handwash my car and treat it like a baby because it's the first car that I've ever owned. There are no marks on the bumper or the surrounding paint, so it doesn't look like I was hit unknowingly in a parking lot. And I have not been off-roading.

I of course took it immediately to my dealership's collision shop because I fully expected the bumper falling off my car within the few months to be covered by warranty and Ford is telling me no. They are saying that because the screws are stripped it is driver error.
This is not okay. I am currently fighting this outcome, but am wondering if anyone else has had this happen?
I have no idea how to update a thread, LOL.

But first, THANK YOU! Thanks to everyone for all of their help. Not just on this particular issue, but for all of your help in general on this forum. This is my first ever new car, and I have learned SO MUCH from all of you just reading all of your daily posts. I've even installed my own mud flaps, ha ha.

Second, thanks to all of you for your advice and knowledge on this topic. Because of you, I was able to walk back into the collision shop with a mountain of knowledge and I threw it all out there. Everything from "I'm pretty sure those bolts aren't the right size" to "I think we should bring my sales guy out here". And in one last flex, I asked to see underneath the actual vehicle once they had it up in the air.

They took my truck back to "take another look", and 10 minutes later they brought it back to me with the keys saying that they would cover the bumper through my warranty "this one time" since they couldn't decide how the actual bumper was falling off. Whatever, either way, they are giving me a brand new bumper for free. Should be here next week.

Thanks again, everyone. I knew I could count on you!! :)

OP
OP
broncoGIRL21

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I took it to the service department and they told me it wasn't their department since the bumper was literally coming off and that I had to take it over to the collision department. FWIW.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They took my truck back to "take another look", and 10 minutes later they brought it back to me with the keys saying that they would cover the bumper through my warranty "this one time" since they couldn't decide how the actual bumper was falling off. Whatever, either way, they are giving me a brand new bumper for free. Should be here next week.
Gotta be tough with these guys. Remember, you want the bolts, too, not just the bumper! ;)