First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not ripping the person off if they are agreeing to pay the amount asked. I'm sure the buyer will be fully aware of what they're doing.

If no one bought the marked up [insert commodity] then this wouldn't be a thing. But people buy it. You have a choice.

If someone will pay. Someone will sell. Everyone has a price.

Plus, let's be serious. Someone willing to pay $95k for a Bronco is likely someone who isn't concerned about money. They're not being ripped off.
Just because thereā€™s someone with more money than brains that would buy it doesnā€™t mean that person isnā€™t getting ripped off.
Sponsored

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324507828120?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Iā€™ve got a FE reservation I was thinking about ditching. Maybe I should do this instead! Iā€™ll just undercut him by a few grand šŸ˜œ
Yeah certainly looks like a scam. Why would you need the send the balance in three days when the bronco won't be delivered for three months? who's what might happen to that $ in 90 days you mightb e dealing with a crack head or worse. Odds are not good for a positive outcome.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But I'm not sure I'd say they're being duped. I'm sure whoever is purchasing a $95k car knows what they're getting. They're just willing to pay more.

Just because thereā€™s someone with more money than brains that would buy it doesnā€™t mean that person isnā€™t getting ripped off.
That makes zero sense. I wouldn't say that person has no brains bc they're willing to pay more than most people would be. Or use being ripped off. To them it's worth it.

For example. The dealer I was originally reserved at ended up offering a great deal below msrp. And tons of people on this site flocked to him, bumping me out of their allocations. However, I'm willing to pay msrp so that I get my Bronco this year. So I switched dealers that is offering msrp, but I fall within their allocations. Does that mean I'm getting ripped off? Or have no brains? Bc I'm willing to pay more money just to get it sooner?

Someone who has the money to pay this likely will bc they don't want to wait. I'm not sure that'd qualify as having no brains.

In my situation it's about $3k savings I'm giving up. I can afford that. Someone might look at that like I'm crazy. I'd look at whoever buys this car for an extra $30k or whatever as crazy. But to the person that buys it, $30k to them might be like $3k to me.

It's all relative.

It's not like it's medication this person is marking up. Cars are a luxury. Especially an off road vehicle.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I'm not sure I'd say they're being duped. I'm sure whoever is purchasing a $95k car knows what they're getting. They're just willing to pay more.

That makes zero sense. I wouldn't say that person has no brains bc they're willing to pay more than most people would be. Or use being ripped off. To them it's worth it.

For example. The dealer I was originally reserved at ended up offering a great deal below msrp. And tons of people on this site flocked to him, bumping me out of their allocations. However, I'm willing to pay msrp so that I get my Bronco this year. So I switched dealers that is offering msrp, but I fall within their allocations. Does that mean I'm getting ripped off? Or have no brains? Bc I'm willing to pay more money just to get it sooner?

Someone who has the money to pay this likely will bc they don't want to wait. I'm not sure that'd qualify as having no brains.

In my situation it's about $3k savings I'm giving up. I can afford that. Someone might look at that like I'm crazy. I'd look at whoever buys this car for an extra $30k or whatever as crazy. But to the person that buys it, $30k to them might be like $3k to me.

It's all relative.

It's not like it's medication this person is marking up. Cars are a luxury. Especially an off road vehicle.
šŸ¤£ Thatā€™s the worst example ever. You paying the MSRP for a vehicle is absolutely nothing like paying 200+% more than what an items worth. Itā€™s almost like we spent 6 months on this website trying to run from dealers who were trying to rip people off with fees and ADM and that was only over a few thousand not 10-30K. šŸ¤”

Over paying greatly for an item just makes you a fool and youā€™re letting someone cheat you and rip you off. Just because youā€™re okay with it doesnā€™t change the truth, you got ripped off. Every individual has their own idea of ā€˜valueā€™ but nobody is stupid enough to claim they got a great deal when they over paid by 2-3X.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, beyond the price, the only reason I think someone would be idiotic to buy this is simply for the fact you are paying to for someone to order you a new Bronco, but the guy has the pleasure to drive it around for up to 500 miles (generously paying $1 per mile over that amount). Laughable.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Simple Supply and Demand. A Bronco FE is going to be worth what a individual will pay. I'm sure we'll see plenty of them pop up on ebay for over MSRP. And I'm sure most dealers that end up with one on the lot will be asking $10k to $40k over MSRP. Not sure why some folks are offended by this, nobody is forcing anyone to buy one.. Personally I hope the ebayer gets $95k, as it only makes my FE more valuable. Alot of the companies that restore and sell first gen Broncos are getting between $150k to $250k, personally I'd pay $95k for a FE before I'd pay $200k for a restored 1st gen, just my humble opinion. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

Eric H

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Duramax / 06 Accord / KTMs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

20 years ago a few of my college buddies got in line at best buy the night before the PlayStation 2 launch. They handed out vouchers at 7 am, if you had a voucher you could buy a ps2. 10am rolls by and a lady pulls up and offers me $150 for my voucher. I didn't plan on selling my spot in line but 3 of us didn't need PS2s either, it was an easy decision.

If someone has to have a FE so bad they are willing to pay $90k for it, let em. You can make the same argument with some real estate markets now. Are some of these houses worth 10-15% over asking? No, but it's happening because people are willing to do it.

TLDR: The PS2 came out 2 decades ago, I got $150, I'm buying a bronco, I'm getting old and life is ok.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has been happening since humans have been bartering. Now with the internet its easy to find examples and even easier to find people who complain about it.

So many triggered people. Reported for price gouging?... lol give me a break. The listing is from a private seller not a business. Its easy to not bid on the truck or not even click it.

Also report it to Ford? Really? How are they breaking fords rules? No one is trying to transfer a reservation.

How much do/were the new vettes sell for over sticker? I've seen almost 30k markup. Its just what happens like others have said. Its supply and demand.

This is just a vehicle people, not toothpaste or gasoline. I.e. a luxury item not a necessity.

So much butthurt over something so small.

If you think the guy will make money then list your own bronco on eBay too for a piece of the pie. If you think its not allowed and he will be shutdown, then why even get upset over it? But don't be upset because people have extra money to overpay for a vehicle they really want. The logic that it makes them stupid is seriously stupid in itself.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s not as if someone bought ALL the Broncos and is selling them for $95k. This guy has a reservation and trying to make a quick $30k which may or may not be successful and he will lose his reservation or have to buy the truck Himself. Plenty of dealers doing ADM just as bad.

I would never spend even $50k on a Bronco, but if someone wants to pay $95k, they should go for it.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't see the problem. It's the buyer's $. They know how much it really costs and how much more they're paying.

The whole deal is a dumb risk for said buyer, but again, their choice and $.

Billm0066

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Would be a shame if someone robbed him directly after selling it. If the market exists, why shouldnā€™t someone be allowed to make money off him?
One is a crime and the other is not. The person who robs is not ā€œmakingā€ money, they are stealing.

Billm0066

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I doubt this will sell. The potential to flip a FE is when you have it in hand. Lightning blue and black interior. Just about everything thatā€™s really limited edition will get flipped, no reason to be butt hurt about it.