First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dude selling that needs to drop the crack pipe. Wow.
Sponsored

Billm0066

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is my last opinion because I have a very strong take about scalpers šŸ¤£ I bought a PS5 and 3 XBOX Xā€™s day one and I sold 3 of them for face value and kept an Xbox. I could have have made $1,500+ in profit off people, but why the F would I do that to someone?

At one point there was like 70K Xboxā€™s and PS5ā€™s combined on EBay. Roughly 30-35 million dollars worth of merchandise listed at one time. That probably netted 60-70 million dollars in profit for people. ā€œOh thatā€™s life, thatā€™s the world we live in! No big deal!ā€

Itā€™s a joke, plain and simple. eBay is to blame for this bullshit and if they had any integrity would not allow scalping on their website but they donā€™t care because they take a piece of the pie. Scalping should be illegal.
No it shouldnā€™t.
If he gets $95k, he'll be a rich scumbag. šŸ˜†
$30k means youā€™re rich? Actually less after taxes and other fees.

No issues with reselling items. Do you get mad at people on Amazon that are buying their products from alibaba and selling for more on there? Nobody needs an FE bronco, ps5, or a video card, those are want items. Flipping n95ā€™s during the pandemic is pretty shitty since people needed them. Thatā€™s why those got clamped down on.

I got an fe reservation easy. No bots to deal with, just a half broken site. I reserved hours after it opened. I will 100% flip my bronco for $5k profit or more if the potential is there. The bronco is supposed to be a filler vehicle until the cybertruck gets here.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get it.

That doesn't really apply here though. There's plenty of broncos for whoever wants them. Just may wait a little longer.

That person that wants it at msrp can still get it. Just not till next year. Maybe the following.

Plus this person, I assume, which could be wrong, didn't buy like 1k reservations and is now selling them. It's 1.
The waiting argument is just plain dumb. Time is a considerable factor in making an exchange; especially on the topic of the Bronco. But exploiting someoneā€™s time to make a profit isnā€™t justification to scalp a reservation. And lets be real, the person that now has to wait till next year wonā€™t be getting it at MSRP. Because even though theyā€™ll be more Broncoā€™s to buy they will have to deal with dealer markups. They wonā€™t get the deal most of us on here are getting. Most of us here who are getting it at invoice or msrp are only really getting that because its the first model year of a vehicle that hasnā€™t been produced and its good business to be the cheapest deal when the hype is up.
And youā€™re not wrong to assume this person only has one reservation. But... monkey see monkey do. It only takes one scalper to create a many more.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a first edition Bronco...They are limited to 7k. A lot of people tried to get one but couldnt because the site was slow because of all the demand. I'd feel better about it if he was just trying to resell a standard Bronco, but thats just me.
7,000 units is in no way a limited edition of anything.

Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The same type of guy that does this is same type of toyota sales man who told me he had to sell me the 2020 supra at 90k because itā€™s LiMiTEd PRoDuCtIOn EXotiC even though he admitted it would be a mass produced car..

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF he sells his Bronco @ $95K, two happy people will walk away from the sale. This is pure capitalism. Price gouging is selling water for $3 a bottle after a hurricane. Scalping/hoarding are when you have all or most of a certain commodity, not the case here.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why shouldnā€™t the hoarding of a commodity by a limited number of people to resell at an outrageously higher price (scalping) not be illegal? šŸ¤Ø
Double negative, not sure I follow your sentence.

Still don't get how it should be illegal... but are you implying there is a small group of people hoarding a large number FE reservations for reselling? I've not heard of this.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
šŸ¤£ Thatā€™s the worst example ever. You paying the MSRP for a vehicle is absolutely nothing like paying 200+% more than what an items worth. Itā€™s almost like we spent 6 months on this website trying to run from dealers who were trying to rip people off with fees and ADM and that was only over a few thousand not 10-30K. šŸ¤”

Over paying greatly for an item just makes you a fool and youā€™re letting someone cheat you and rip you off. Just because youā€™re okay with it doesnā€™t change the truth, you got ripped off. Every individual has their own idea of ā€˜valueā€™ but nobody is stupid enough to claim they got a great deal when they over paid by 2-3X.
But to that buyer, it's worth that.

I'm making some assumptions here, but likely the buyer will understand the price of the car and what they're paying compared to that. I don't think anyone looks at a $95k Bronco and goes wow that's a great deal. It's not like they're being lied to, or duped.

I also don't think this person would run around saying they got a great deal. They'll likely just boast they got a FE before most. Then go park it in their 20 car garage or something :LOL:.

Anyway, at this point I'm just going to agree to disagree. You have your thoughts on it, which are totally valid and I have mine.

FWIW, I don't think he'll find a buyer for that much. Unless maybe a car collector? Idk. Doubtful. I think $10-15k markup is a lot more likely. Someone will pay... Bc to them it'll be worth it ;).

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF he sells his Bronco @ $95K, two happy people will walk away from the sale. This is pure capitalism. Price gouging is selling water for $3 a bottle after a hurricane. Scalping/hoarding are when you have all or most of a certain commodity, not the case here.
Capitalism in the sense that it is voluntary trade...and I have no problem with it; just pointing out that the guy doing it is a scumbag. Heā€™s not a retailer. Heā€™s not a producer. He adds no value to the equation. He is not creating anything. That said, heā€™s not going to get anywhere close to what heā€™s asking...maybe he nets $3-4k after fees etc. for talk that trouble. A lot of hassle for that.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why shouldnā€™t the hoarding of a commodity by a limited number of people to resell at an outrageously higher price (scalping) not be illegal? šŸ¤Ø
Exactly! Case in point; the Girl Scouts selling cookies they bought from the baker (cost delivered to the group was about $0.34 a box when I was involved in shipping back in the day) for like $7 each! They should all be locked up!

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

7,000 units is in no way a limited edition of anything.
Ford website is calling it a Limited-Edition. With only 7000 being manufactured, sounds like a limited Edition to me.
Ford Bronco $95k?? Screenshot_20210307-091619_Chrome

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Exactly! Case in point; the Girl Scouts selling cookies they bought from the baker (cost delivered to the group was about $0.34 a box when I was involved in shipping back in the day) for like $7 each! They should all be locked up!
Your not paying for the cookies, your paying to support a good cause, the cookies are just a nice way to say thank you.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Capitalism in the sense that it is voluntary trade...and I have no problem with it; just pointing out that the guy doing it is a scumbag. Heā€™s not a retailer. Heā€™s not a producer. He adds no value to the equation. He is not creating anything. That said, heā€™s not going to get anywhere close to what heā€™s asking...maybe he nets $3-4k after fees etc. for talk that trouble. A lot of hassle for that.
Of course this ad screams scam, but...

Look up:
International business agents
Lobbyist
Middlemen

Many people make a living by "adds no value to the equation".
Sponsored