Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to share an exciting option for carrying cargo and all sorts of off-road/overlanding accessories, and it doesn't involve installing a roof rack. If you're like me and prefer not to load up your roof and want to keep the top open, this might be just what you need.

**Hitch Mounted Carriers for Customized Cargo Solutions**

These hitch-mounted carriers are designed to fit into standard 2" receiver hitches, making them incredibly versatile and easy to install. What's neat is that they come with adjustable wings that can be positioned to suit your gear, and you can even add extra wings to expand your cargo-carrying possibilities. These wings have tracks that accept most gear equipped with T-Bolts, just like the ones you'd use on roof carriers.

**Endless Customization and Cargo Capacity**

One standout feature of these carriers is their ability to increase your cargo capacity in a snap. By inserting them into the rear port of X-Rack cargo carriers, you can create more space for coolers, overlanding boxes, cargo bags, and more. Additionally, there are exclusive mounts available for carrying ski/snowboards, off-road gear like traction boards, shovels, lift jacks, Rotopax containers, and a host of fishing accessories, such as rod holders and sand spike mounts.

**Front Hitches and Over Spare Tire Compatibility**

The beauty of these hitch-mounted carriers is that they aren't limited to just the rear of your vehicle. They can also be used on front hitches, providing even more options for carrying your gear. Plus, they are compatible with the X-Rack over spare tire carrier, making it even more convenient to bring everything you need for your outdoor adventures.

**Quick and Easy Loading for Hassle-Free Trips**

One of the best things about these hitch-mounted carriers is the speed and ease with which you can load your gear. No more fumbling with ladders or struggling to reach the roof. You can load everything you need in seconds and be on your way to your next adventure without any worries about overhead clearance issues. What's more, this setup is often better for fuel consumption since you're not adding any wind drag up top.

In a world of ever-evolving solutions for outdoor enthusiasts, these hitch-mounted carriers offer a smart and convenient way to transport your gear. If you're in the market for a cargo solution that's easy to install, versatile, and fuel-efficient, you should definitely consider one of these.

Feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences if you've already tried one of these carriers. Let's keep the discussion going, and happy off-roading, everyone!

https://www.xrack.us/product-category/multi-use-accessory-racks/
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_3965.JPG
IMG_9663 copy reduced.jpg
Over Spare carrier with ski rack 2.jpg
Flex Wing Collage.jpg
Flex Wing Collage with cargo rack.jpg
IMG_4497-1 - Copy.jpg
IMG_0337.JPG
Looks cool.
I have a family of 5 and looking for a hitch mounted solution that can accommodate both a cooler and 3-5 bikes. Tired of renting 5 bikes on our beach trips and would like to carry (at least some of) ours with us.

Does your system allow this?
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect, if your entire trip is on perfectly flat road!

(bye bye, breakover and approach angles)
While I agree (and enjoyed the laugh), to be fair, if I'm wheeling where I care about approach and departure angles and the extra length of the racks, I'm keeping my gear to a minimum to reduce weight and overall exterior dimensions.

I see this more for camping, fishing, hunting, and tailgating.

OP
OP
X-Rack

X-Rack

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks much for summing it all up, I missed the fold-down part! I'll keep this link so if I need more capacity, You provide it! I use a Skyrider with a Trailrax half rack, so I like the open top and covered rear cap, with luggage aft, so this is a great option!

20231013_130553.jpg
Nice setup!
Looks cool.
I have a family of 5 and looking for a hitch mounted solution that can accommodate both a cooler and 3-5 bikes. Tired of renting 5 bikes on our beach trips and would like to carry (at least some of) ours with us.

Does your system allow this?
currently we can do a cooler rack with 2 bikes max. Do you have a winch on your Bronco? We do make a front hitch mount that attaches to some high winch mounts. You can put the cooler in front and a 5 bike rack in back.

screenshot 2023-06-15 140734.jpeg

OP
OP
X-Rack

X-Rack

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. Need a Kayak Rack option for transporting topless

Ford Bronco A Roof Rack for your Hitch (X-Rack) screenshot 2023-06-15 140734
We don’t have anything for long items like Kayaks or surf boards. But your setup looks great! .

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want the two wheeled beach cart. Seems like it would be a game changer

Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
We don’t have anything for long items like Kayaks or surf boards. But your setup looks great! .
And a chat with your insurance carrier would probably reinforce your position.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great. Need a Kayak Rack option for transporting topless

That’s about the most ghetto way to carry a kayak that I have ever seen. Was it from a Chinese factory with zero exposure to liability?

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is why I got a two door.

The wagon makes you think you need to carry your entire home with you on an adventure, but really you don’t need all that stuff.

OP
OP
X-Rack

X-Rack

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the two wheeled beach cart. Seems like it would be a game changer
It is great. We should have that out soon. Thanks

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s about the most ghetto way to carry a kayak that I have ever seen. Was it from a Chinese factory with zero exposure to liability?
Hitchmount-rack (look it up yourself is an American manufacturer last I looked and my only issue I'd that it needs strapped to the spare tire for stability but so might the system in this thread)

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How mush will this rack effect the rear parking sensors, I have 23 Wildtrak, high package?
Anything mounted on the back will throw warnings. You would be careless to rely on rear parking sensors or cameras when they are blocked. Hook up a trailer and the parking sensors are also non usable

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anything mounted on the back will throw warnings. You would be careless to rely on rear parking sensors or cameras when they are blocked. Hook up a trailer and the parking sensors are also non usable
I’m too old to rely on cameras or beeps, I acually turn still turn around to see where I’m going. I just don’t want to get put up with constant beeping and warnings. I’ve looked through to manual to see how to temporarily disable. Any suggestions?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made in US. I just posted it for example. It’s not mine, but it’s probably the only option to carry a kayak topless for hard top owners who remove their tops.

dmh8118

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted to share an exciting option for carrying cargo and all sorts of off-road/overlanding accessories, and it doesn't involve installing a roof rack. If you're like me and prefer not to load up your roof and want to keep the top open, this might be just what you need.

**Hitch Mounted Carriers for Customized Cargo Solutions**

These hitch-mounted carriers are designed to fit into standard 2" receiver hitches, making them incredibly versatile and easy to install. What's neat is that they come with adjustable wings that can be positioned to suit your gear, and you can even add extra wings to expand your cargo-carrying possibilities. These wings have tracks that accept most gear equipped with T-Bolts, just like the ones you'd use on roof carriers.

**Endless Customization and Cargo Capacity**

One standout feature of these carriers is their ability to increase your cargo capacity in a snap. By inserting them into the rear port of X-Rack cargo carriers, you can create more space for coolers, overlanding boxes, cargo bags, and more. Additionally, there are exclusive mounts available for carrying ski/snowboards, off-road gear like traction boards, shovels, lift jacks, Rotopax containers, and a host of fishing accessories, such as rod holders and sand spike mounts.

**Front Hitches and Over Spare Tire Compatibility**

The beauty of these hitch-mounted carriers is that they aren't limited to just the rear of your vehicle. They can also be used on front hitches, providing even more options for carrying your gear. Plus, they are compatible with the X-Rack over spare tire carrier, making it even more convenient to bring everything you need for your outdoor adventures.

**Quick and Easy Loading for Hassle-Free Trips**

One of the best things about these hitch-mounted carriers is the speed and ease with which you can load your gear. No more fumbling with ladders or struggling to reach the roof. You can load everything you need in seconds and be on your way to your next adventure without any worries about overhead clearance issues. What's more, this setup is often better for fuel consumption since you're not adding any wind drag up top.

In a world of ever-evolving solutions for outdoor enthusiasts, these hitch-mounted carriers offer a smart and convenient way to transport your gear. If you're in the market for a cargo solution that's easy to install, versatile, and fuel-efficient, you should definitely consider one of these.

Feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences if you've already tried one of these carriers. Let's keep the discussion going, and happy off-roading, everyone!

https://www.xrack.us/product-category/multi-use-accessory-racks/
What tailgate reinforcement product is that?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I got a two door.

The wagon makes you think you need to carry your entire home with you on an adventure, but really you don’t need all that stuff.
That goes for some 2 door owners as well…

@RBF 1401 ;) :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored