Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
..... like that brand new Peloton. High hopes for how their life will change slowly gathering dust in the garage....

That is how barn finds are made.
Sponsored

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As someone that has watched almost every Bronc review and ride-along video out there and got to see one in person, I am beyond happy about the Bronco! At this point I don't even care too much about it not having a V8 and am perfectly happy if not happier with the ecoboost engine it hasšŸ˜Ž

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So, you're saying it's like a Jeep, only better? Thanks, I'm now better prepared.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well before 20 years ago when every family had to have a huge suv people would take road trips in sedans and wagons. I think this will suit people who remember those days just fine for a all around vehicle. The 2 door would definitely be the toy version but if I wasnt shipping mine back to hawaii to haul my two 60lb dogs to the beach. I would be perfectly comfy driving me and my wife for 3 weeks cross country to get a 2 door here. But alas Im in for a 4 door.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So where were have all you Jeep educators been the last year when this thing has been called full size, compared to similar size as an FSB etc. I repeatedly got trolled when trying to inform people to set their expectations at a Wrangler last year. Its funny that now more people have seen it in person its all of a sudden widely known to be the size of a Wrangler.
this person is exactly right. There are some here whoā€™ve been typing ā€œitā€™s just like the original Bronco.ā€ Iā€™m 50 and grew up with Broncos on the street. This new One is a lot smaller than those. Ainā€™t nobody here who grew up with an original Bronco unless youā€™re 70 years old by now. In which case youā€™re not the target market.

the headroom in the back seat is going to be very compromised by the stadium seating. I really wish the hard top were there - Iā€™m a curious how that will stack up.

Ford made this a few inches too short in
Length and too low in the roll bars.

yes, my left arm wasnā€™t pressed right against the door like in a wrangler I tried last night. But this sure as hell ainā€™t the size of my Edge in real life, not like it is on paper.

itā€™s just a glorified Wrangler wearing a halo because itā€™s the new kid in town.

a few more inches of BACK SEAT leg room, (the front is fine), lift that roll cage so that it doesnā€™t conflict with the heads of larger fellas, and youā€™d have a whole new category

but by sticking to the wrangler design this is a big whiff on the part of Ford management

yes, itā€™s a wrangler killer. But it completely misses the much larger body of folks who are Fn bored with minivan SUVs. It misses because itā€™s not capable of replacing the Lexus NX, Audi Q5, Explorer, 4Runner, Highlander, etc.

The design dimensions boxed this in, and not in a good way

youā€™ll barely be able to fit your camping gear in this thing. Toyota got off lucky - the very obsolete 4Runner is not at risk here.

A hockey goalieā€™s pile of stuff will take up the entire trunk

this vehicle is strictly for single men and their winch on the front bumper

Ford missed the much larger potential audience. And thatā€™s a flipping shame.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wally

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is going to be my everyday driver---I had a 1974 Bronco (wish I still had it today)---all I can say----what a better way to go to the little lake store for a loaf bread!!!! My super-duty wouldn't cut it!!

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this person is exactly right. There are some here whoā€™ve been typing ā€œitā€™s just like the original Bronco.ā€ Iā€™m 50 and grew up with Broncos on the street. This new One is a lot smaller than those. Ainā€™t nobody here who grew up with an original Bronco unless youā€™re 70 years old by now. In which case youā€™re not the target market.

the headroom in the back seat is going to be very compromised by the stadium seating. I really wish the hard top were there - Iā€™m a curious how that will stack up.

Ford made this a few inches too short in
Length and too low in the roll bars.

yes, my left arm wasnā€™t pressed right against the door like in a wrangler I tried last night. But this sure as hell ainā€™t the size of my Edge in real life, not like it is on paper.

itā€™s just a glorified Wrangler wearing a halo because itā€™s the new kid in town.

a few more inches of leg room, lift that roll cage so that it doesnā€™t conflict with the heads of larger fellas, and youā€™d have a whole new category

but by sticking to the wrangler design this is a big whiff on the part of Ford management

yes, itā€™s a wrangler killer. But it completely misses the much larger body of folks who are Fn bored with minivan SUVs. It misses because itā€™s not capable of replacing the Lexus NX, Audi Q5, Explorer, 4Runner, Highlander, etc.

The design dimensions boxed this in, and not in a good way

youā€™ll barely be able to fit your camping gear in this thing. Toyota got off lucky - the very obsolete 4Runner is not at risk here.

A hockey goalieā€™s pile of stuff will take up the entire trunk

this vehicle is strictly for single men and their winch on the front bumper

Ford missed the much larger potential audience. And thatā€™s a flipping shame.
I don't think 190,000 reservations = whiff. It's not designed to compete with a Lexus NX, Audi Q5 or Highlander - and certainly not trying to compete in-house with the Explorer. If that's what you want the Bronco to be, wait till 22MY till they add the off-road Explorer (Link)

Secondly how much camping gear are you carrying? All mine fits in my Backpack with room to spare.

Routinely plan on loading this thing up with wife, friends, 2 dogs, and gear.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Respectfully disagree with the OP. Jeep sux at highway speeds. Land Rover is unreliable... and men are banded from buying 4runners....

Having ridden in the Bronco, at highway speeds, you can talk at normal volume levels with passengers in the back as well as front. Its a relatively quiet ride, given the massive tires.
It has a great turning radius and is not overly high, nor long and wide.
It really drives and handles just like the 4th Generation Ford Explorer 4x4. (the last body on frame Explorer - same height, same dimensions, but better.... approach angle, interior, accessories, etc..... ) and, its better than anything on the market offroad.

As long as the Ecoboost and 10speed tranny prove reliable, it will be better than any vehicle on the market in abilities and smiles per dollar.

It will make a great daily driver and overlander.

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree completely.

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, I agree and I'm not letting the TJ go. It's a family member. However it is time to restore/replace a lot of things on it. My son is taking it over for now.
That's funny about your son taking over your TJ. I bought my daughter a TDI Beetle when she started driving but she really had her heart set on a Jeep so after I reserved my Bronco last year she took over my '04 Rubi and loves it. We've bought and sold JKs but I won't sell that TJ.

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really drives and handles just like the 4th Generation Ford Explorer 4x4. (the last body on frame Explorer - same height, same dimensions, but better.... approach angle, interior, accessories, etc..... ) and, its better than anything on the market offroad.

As long as the Ecoboost and 10speed tranny prove reliable, it will be better than any vehicle on the market in abilities and smiles per dollar.

It will make a great daily driver and overlander.
Same height? That would actually make my day. I love my Explorer and it's a perfect height.

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's funny about your son taking over your TJ. I bought my daughter a TDI Beetle when she started driving but she really had her heart set on a Jeep so after I reserved my Bronco last year she took over my '04 Rubi and loves it. We've bought and sold JKs but I won't sell that TJ.
That's cool! My boy learned to drive in the TJ and used it for a couple of years as his daily. I took it back when he bought a Challenger and now he want's it back when the Bronco arrives. The AZ dryness and sun has done a number on the rubber seals, vacuum hoses, paint and interior. She needs some work but she's not going anywhere!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Life is full of trade offs- it would safe be say what you get in the bronco, you canā€™t get in very many vehicles and what you may be able to get in some vehicles, you will not get in the Bronco. But itā€™s ruggedness, ease of adaptability and modification ( and repair) puts it into a class of very few other vehicles fall into. Will it ever be a Mercedes - no. Will a Mercedes GLK ever be a bronco - no. But for the price the Bronco is a great compromise of off road ability and mid level comfort!

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone that has watched almost every Bronc review and ride-along video out there and got to see one in person, I am beyond happy about the Bronco! At this point I don't even care too much about it not having a V8 and am perfectly happy if not happier with the ecoboost engine it hasšŸ˜Ž
Me too!
Except for the sound of the V8.
I was you tubing mufflers for the 2.7 Eco
And they all sound crappy tin can like!
I like more of 80ā€™s sports car sound.
Kind of bummed about that.

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. it rides just as nice or BETTER than my 19 F150 on P tires and that was with 35s.
If this is the case, I will be happy and it is MUCH better than a Jeep. I just went to a dealership and drove a manual 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and was not impressed. It wasn't terrible, but was louder(hard top), bumpier and didn't track as straight as my 2013 Crew F150 4x4 with 33" tires. Here's hoping my standard wheels, 4 door Badlands will be as comfortable as my truck or better.
Sponsored