Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree 100%

it is not a long road trip family hauler
It is not a good towing vehicle
It is not a high performance 1/4 mile ride

it is the only strong direct competition for the Jeep Wrangler, and I think it’s perfect for me.

Are you Hank from Breaking Bad?!
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

this person is exactly right. There are some here who’ve been typing “it’s just like the original Bronco.” I’m 50 and grew up with Broncos on the street. This new One is a lot smaller than those. Ain’t nobody here who grew up with an original Bronco unless you’re 70 years old by now. In which case you’re not the target market.

the headroom in the back seat is going to be very compromised by the stadium seating. I really wish the hard top were there - I’m a curious how that will stack up.

Ford made this a few inches too short in
Length and too low in the roll bars.

yes, my left arm wasn’t pressed right against the door like in a wrangler I tried last night. But this sure as hell ain’t the size of my Edge in real life, not like it is on paper.

it’s just a glorified Wrangler wearing a halo because it’s the new kid in town.

a few more inches of BACK SEAT leg room, (the front is fine), lift that roll cage so that it doesn’t conflict with the heads of larger fellas, and you’d have a whole new category

but by sticking to the wrangler design this is a big whiff on the part of Ford management

yes, it’s a wrangler killer. But it completely misses the much larger body of folks who are Fn bored with minivan SUVs. It misses because it’s not capable of replacing the Lexus NX, Audi Q5, Explorer, 4Runner, Highlander, etc.

The design dimensions boxed this in, and not in a good way

you’ll barely be able to fit your camping gear in this thing. Toyota got off lucky - the very obsolete 4Runner is not at risk here.

A hockey goalie’s pile of stuff will take up the entire trunk

this vehicle is strictly for single men and their winch on the front bumper

Ford missed the much larger potential audience. And that’s a flipping shame.
What kind of original Bronco did you grow up in? The two door bigger than my dad’s 1970 for sure. Like by 22” in length, 7.5” in width and 10” in wheelbase. The four door by another 16”. And he may be 80, but I am not.

For that matter the four door is 6” longer than a ‘96 and 5” narrower.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If this is the case, I will be happy and it is MUCH better than a Jeep. I just went to a dealership and drove a manual 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and was not impressed. It wasn't terrible, but was louder(hard top), bumpier and didn't track as straight as my 2013 Crew F150 4x4 with 33" tires. Here's hoping my standard wheels, 4 door Badlands will be as comfortable as my truck or better.
Get ready for that same loudness in your Bronco.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man this thread got me even more excited for my own Bronco! Our friends refer to us as DINKs (dual income no kids) so this is gonna be absolutely perfect for us and the dogs to road trip to tons of off road destinations in. I'm really looking forward to when the in-laws visit and watching my mother in-law try to climb in the back. She has a hard enough time in my 3" lifted Jeep as it is 😂

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is great! I think my biggest shocker from people's sighting reports were the A/C flow for rear passengers. And then I realized my current ride is already equipped with the same setup so its nothing I should be worried or concerned about.

Im just so excited for the day I can drive down to the beach with the top and doors off with the intent to get this thing dirty and in the elements. Luxury is not why im buying this vehicle!
YASSSS
Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into 2VN

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

....and that, more than anything, is what has me concerned.
Dad always told me not to get a car with electric windows because they always fail, LOL
funny you should mention electric windows, my 2018 Chevy just passed 36,000 miles last month, so no more bumper-to-bumper warranty. And today one of the electric windows quit working... 😩

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I was sort of surprised by the sheer number of people who seemed to think it would be F150 sized, or ride like a car because of the supposedly magical IFS.
I am glad that put the magical IFS in it. It will ride 10x better than anything else out there...
Have your rode in one?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve cited this maybe 10 times over the past 10 months. But instead of freaking out why the cargo is only 32” deep. You have to account for the hump and the height. Take my outback. It’s 41” deep. I’m not freaking out. Look at these numbers. I have more usable space. Finally mocked it up to get my point across
Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into 1558A21D-7BFC-4FD3-B46C-4FD8A3F08304

Last edited:

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree for the most part, however, if you don’t plan on off-roading or doing a bunch of outdoorsy stuff, an OBX with Lux, leather, non-Sasquatch will get you awfully close to entry/mid level comfort and driving experience with other non-luxury SUVs. Plus it will look a hell of a lot more unique, better going down the road, and more capable in snow and other winter driving conditions.
Totally agree, I plan on starting with the non-squach OBX and maxing out the Tech and Appointments it provides with the Lux Package and maxing out the drive train options for the 4.27 Locking rear and the Advanced 4x4 and see if that satisfies my light to medium off road needs. I can also do a lift if needed and more robust tires later. I'm actually hoping I can put nice set of 275 or 285 AT 33's on the stock wheels with no lift. I don't need the 35's from the squach package or to spend 5K on it. I also haven't been to find anything where I can confirm the 275 or 285 AT 33's I want will work without rubbing anywhere.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What kind of original Bronco did you grow up in? The two door bigger than my dad’s 1970 for sure. Like by 22” in length, 7.5” in width and 10” in wheelbase. The four door by another 16”. And he may be 80, but I am not.

For that matter the four door is 6” longer than a ‘96 and 5” narrower.
I did not have a Bronco growing up. They were on the street and I wiped enough of them as a car wash jockey in the early 90s.

if this thing is so much bigger then what did they do with the space? It’s not in the backseat legroom, that’s for damned sure. Is it in the hood? Front legroom? Wheel on the back?

The stadium seating put my face at the same level as the roll bars. I was staring at the horizontal bars. Granted I’m 6-2 but that cannot be a feature. It’s a bug.

in the driver seat my head was able to smack the side of the roll bar. Again, a bug, not a feature.

I could just barely fit behind myself. Yes, I’m big but so will be my boy. I’m the smallest guy in my generation, both sides. There is not enough room for him. That puts me out, and I canceled my Rez.

believe me, I WANTED to keep moving forward with this purchase. I had no option - I had to cancel.

this might be a great item for single guys and DINKs. It’s a terrible choice for a family man. It’s no different than a Wrangler. Yeah, maybe an inch or two bigger here or there but it’s not in the right places for kids and the stuff that comes with them. Not at all.

Sponsored

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just got home from the Milwaukee event...
Couldn’t have said it better myself!
In fact I told my wife as much on the way home...and yes I’m even more stoked...

having owned two manual trans wranglers.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a terrible choice for a family man. It’s no different than a Wrangler. Yeah, maybe an inch or two bigger here or there but it’s not in the right places for kids and the stuff that comes with them. Not at all.
It's a terrible choice for you. Plenty of "family men" who drive Wranglers right now would differ with your opinion.

Louis

Wildtrak
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda accord exl v6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
im going into a 2 door wildtrak from a 2 door 17 accord. should be interesting to say the least!

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree 100%

it is not a long road trip family hauler
It is not a good towing vehicle
It is not a high performance 1/4 mile ride

it is the only strong direct competition for the Jeep Wrangler, and I think it’s perfect for me.
I don't see why it wouldn't make a good road trip hauler, it has plenty of room and all you need is an ipad to shut the kids up.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rear was as good or probably better than my 04 Tacoma both kids grew up in, son is a 6'3 bean stalk and has no problems back there. Luckily my kids don't care about any sports that require tons of gear, so we never had to haul all that crap around, bikes just hang on the hitch carrier.

But Bronco is not built to be every car for everyone, sorry it didn't work out for some. I'm 6'3 and felt very comfortable in front and back, no problems with the roll cage either and love that there's no "sports bar" like the Wranglers have.

So is off to college this summer, but even if not, I'd not hesitate to get this as the family hauler vacation rig, we pack lightly. (and still bring too much crap)

Everybody should go check one out before buying though, I"m looking forward to a test drive once my dealer gets his two mannequins in later this year, very likely long before I get mine. Very much looking forward to that day.
Sponsored