First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious as to what experience anyone had with using the Ford plans in their Bronco purchase. Was there any haggling with the dealership or was it just a non-negotiable set price? Was price protection honored with the plan price? How much did you save using the plan? Having never used the plan myself just wondering what the overall experience was with your purchase.
Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I used A plan and there's no haggling with A plan as far as i know. It saved me about $5,000 off of sticker then i got the $1500 price protection check.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It really depends on the dealer.
Luckily mine is on the good side. No BS, just straight and honest people.

I had a reservation. I called a local dealer. They told me they accept X-Plan.
I then found out from Ford, Bronco is not eligible to X-Plan.
I poked my dealer, they honored the deal regardless. Saved 2K

Then with all the price increases and protection eligibility changes. I think I was supposed to get the largest protection discount since I was the early reservation holder. But my dealer could only find $800 discount from Ford. I think there is a flow chart somewhere on the forum that explains everything. (Still confused the shit out me) so I just took what I get.

Ford Bronco A/Z plan experience with ordering your new Bronco 1679494967269

Nonetheless, I'm really pleased with dealer.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no haggling allowed with AXZD-plan pricing, the price is the price. However, a dealer can refuse to accept AXZD-plan pins, it's an optional program that they do not have to participate in. In the past it was a no-brainer because it basically ensured a vehicle sale, but now with above MSRP pricing being the norm a few dealers won't accept it.

It does stack with most Private Offers (including the Model Year Transition Private Offers), but the pricing works a little differently, because you are NOT price protected back to the original A/Z-plan price. Kind of hard to explain so I'll use an example with made-up numbers:

Say you ordered a 2021MY Bronco with a $47,000 MSRP. A/Z-plan for that would probably be roughly $44,900. Now you are taking delivery of a 2023MY Bronco with a $52,000 MSRP, A/Z-plan $49,500. To cover the MSRP increase, Ford provided you with a $5000 Private Offer Certificate.
  • 2021MY Bronco
    • MSRP: $47,000
    • A/Z-plan: $44,900
  • 2023MY Bronco
    • MSRP: $52,000
    • A/Z-plan $49,500
    • Model Year Transition Private Offer: $5000
Your private offer is applied against the 2023MY Plan Pricing, NOT the original 2021MY Plan Pricing. In other words... your price is the following:

$49,500 - $5000 = $44,500

It is NOT the following:

$44,900 - $5000 = $39,900

Hopefully that makes sense. Feel free to ask questions if it doesn't.

I personally bought a 2022MY Badlands at around $49,900 MSRP. I don't remember what my Z-plan price was, but my "out the door" price when you include taxes/registration/dealer fees/warranty was around $47,750... so I'm guessing the plan price was around $45k.

------

Also I know you are talking about A/Z plan, but for others wondering by this thread, it is important to note the Bronco does NOT qualify for X-plan, never has, and probably won't until the insane demand drops. Only AZD-plans are allowed.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no haggling allowed with AXZD-plan pricing, the price is the price. However, a dealer can refuse to accept AXZD-plan pins, it's an optional program that they do not have to participate in. In the past it was a no-brainer because it basically ensured a vehicle sale, but now with above MSRP pricing being the norm, a few dealers won't accept it.

It does stack with most Private Offers (including the Model Year Transition Private Offers), but the pricing works a little differently, because you are NOT price protected back to the original A/Z-plan price. Kind of hard to explain so I'll use an example with made-up numbers:

Say you ordered a 2021MY Bronco with a $47,000 MSRP. A/Z-plan for that would probably be roughly $44,900. Now you are taking delivery of a 2023MY Bronco with a $52,000 MSRP, A/Z-plan $49,500. To cover the MSRP increase, Ford provided you with a $5000 Private Offer Certificate.
  • 2021MY Bronco
  • 2023MY Bronco
    • A/Z-plan $49,500
Your private offer is applied against the 2023MY Plan Pricing, NOT the original 2021MY Plan Pricing. In other words... your price is the following:

It is NOT the following:

------

Also I know you are talking about A/Z plan, but for others wondering by this thread, it is important to note the Bronco does NOT qualify for X-plan, never has, and probably won't until the insane demand drops. Only AZD-plans are allowed.
One thing to add to this. As an employee it is my understanding that dealers aren't obligated to sell vehicles off the lot on A/Z plan, but they do have to honor A/Z plan on any (eligible) vehicle ordered under the plan.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no haggling allowed with AXZD-plan pricing, the price is the price. However, a dealer can refuse to accept AXZD-plan pins, it's an optional program that they do not have to participate in. In the past it was a no-brainer because it basically ensured a vehicle sale, but now with above MSRP pricing being the norm a few dealers won't accept it.

• 2021MY Bronco
  • 2023MY Bronco
    • A/Z-plan $49,500

It is NOT the following:

I personally bought a 2022MY Badlands at around $49,900 MSRP. I don't remember what my Z-plan price was, but my "out the door" price when you include taxes/registration/dealer fees/warranty was around $47,750... so I'm guessing the plan price was around $45k.

------

So I think I got it. A/Z plan would apply to CURRENT MSRP, not back to when I ordered in 21', then any private offer, transition offer, would be applied.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I think I got it. A/Z plan would apply to CURRENT MSRP, not back to when I ordered in 21', then any private offer, transition offer, would be applied.
Close. It would apply to the MSRP of the Bronco at the time you ordered your 2023MY. We've seen two price increases since then. (I didn't explain that part, my fault.)

Not sure how familiar you are with Ford's ordering, but said in Ford lingo... your price will be the A/Z-plan pricing at the time the DORA was generated, then any private/transition offer would be applied after that.

OP
OP

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Close. It would apply to the MSRP of the Bronco at the time you ordered your 2023MY. We've seen two price increases since then. (I didn't explain that part, my fault.)

Not sure how familiar you are with Ford's ordering, but said in Ford lingo... your price will be the A/Z-plan pricing at the time the DORA was generated, then any private/transition offer would be applied after that.
Got it, Thanks for the informative explanation!

OP
OP

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if I'm repetitive, just to get it straight. My Bronco is finally on it's way, dealer called and stated it should be shipped soon. The Z plan is taken from the last Dora signed, mine being 1/23/23, which is almost $3000 less than current MSRP. The private offer/transition offer from Ford will then be taken off that price? Hoping my dealer is up to snuff on this but in the end it's up to them to honor any of the protection? Thanks!

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing to add to this. As an employee it is my understanding that dealers aren't obligated to sell vehicles off the lot on A/Z plan, but they do have to honor A/Z plan on any (eligible) vehicle ordered under the plan.
Correct.

Sponsored

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if I'm repetitive, just to get it straight. My Bronco is finally on it's way, dealer called and stated it should be shipped soon. The Z plan is taken from the last Dora signed, mine being 1/23/23, which is almost $3000 less than current MSRP. The private offer/transition offer from Ford will then be taken off that price? Hoping my dealer is up to snuff on this but in the end it's up to them to honor any of the protection? Thanks!
What was the outcome? I have z plan and a private offer code. Haven’t gotten the vehicle yet.

Robmeister57

Black Diamond
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum, Exped FX4, 2013 and 1970 Boss 302s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my bronco at d-plan and the a 1,995 direct offer on top of that! No hassles.
Sponsored