Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My A51 Badlands is a 12/13 week build. Now that Broncos are hitting the street and dealer lots...I have been able to see a few A51's in person. For some reason...when I see the color in person it looks A LOT darker than all the pictures I have seen online. Has anyone else experienced this? The pics on here look awesome....kinda like a easter egg candy blue (if that makes sense). But when i see it in person...it has a lot more dark blue to it. Am I crazy?? LOL!!!
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My A51 Badlands is a 12/13 week build. Now that Broncos are hitting the street and dealer lots...I have been able to see a few A51's in person. For some reason...when I see the color in person it looks A LOT darker than all the pictures I have seen online. Has anyone else experienced this? The pics on here look awesome....kinda like a easter egg candy blue (if that makes sense). But when i see it in person...it has a lot more dark blue to it. Am I crazy?? LOL!!!
I have had mine for a couple weeks now. And it totally depends on the lighting. Bright sun it looks light blue. Sometimes a little darker/greyer. Love it, get compliments on the unique color everyday.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You ain't crazy.
I have had mine for a couple weeks now. And it totally depends on the lighting. Bright sun it looks light blue. Sometimes a little darker/greyer. Love it, get compliments on the unique color everyday.
Yep.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford tweaked the color because the overland concept I saw in person seems lighter. I'm not complaining at all and like A51 more when it appears darker.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drove an AM Blue at at the Off Rodeo and I initially thought it was black. It never seemed light to me tough definitely a dark blue at times. The light blue I see is velocity blue and that was on my short list of colors when Rapid Red was eliminated and I had to pick something different.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What Mr. Prime says. I have a Bronco Sport A51, awesome shiny in the sunlight, darker flat color under the clouds or when the sun starts to set. I think it's great. Though I did order my Bronco in Eruption Green.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's it. The wife wanted to see the color, so we drove to a dealer to look at an Area 51 baby. In the sun it's amost a powder blue, and without sun it darkens down. She loved it, so I'm sure you can guess what color our Bronco will be (if it ever gets built). :)

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My initial color choice was Area 51, but I didn’t like it when I actually saw it on a bronco sport. I’d switched to cactus grey and am now a MY 22 Eruption Green convert.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I loved the pictures but swapped colors as soon as I saw it in person.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost all pictures online of ALL colors are brighter/lighter than in person due to lighting and exposure settings.

Other than Oxford white, I wouldn't trust any picture of Ford paint to be accurate.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I saw it on the sport last year it looked primer grey and I ran from the color. If they changed it I’m happy for y’all but also jealous I missed out.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The color shifts depending on the light. It's amazing; I love mine.

FWIW I saw it on a Bronco Sport before mine was built and wasn't a huge fan so was starting to regret my choice. I needn't have worried. It's great.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like this color but in certain light it reminds me of a Brute trash can. There was a Jeep color like that a few years back also, I couldn't pick it because of that. 😬

Ford Bronco A51 messing with my brain...and eyes! iu
Omg I can not unsee this 😂😂
Sponsored