Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had separate issues with my AC and my heat. Wondering if it’s just my truck or if these are common problems with Bronco/Ford.

With the AC, the fan is inconsistent. Sometimes while driving, I’ll have the fan on low and randomly it will start blasting air. Changing the fan level won’t change how much air is blowing. Not the biggest deal because I can partially close the vents. However it would be nice for this to function properly.

With the heat, it will often blow max temperature heat even when it is set as low as 63F•. The only way to get it to change is to set it on low, but then it’s not really blowing heat out.

There are a couple other symptoms but those are the main ones. The big problem is that since these happen at random, I can’t get them to reproduce these problems when I take it in to the dealership for service and they won’t do anything about it if they don’t witness it. Any suggestions? It’s a pretty big problem, especially in winter with the heat. How long do I have before this isn’t under warranty anymore? I guess next time I take it in I’ll have to leave it with them to give them more time to try to reproduce the problem.

@fordmotorcompany
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had separate issues with my AC and my heat. Wondering if it’s just my truck or if these are common problems with Bronco/Ford.

With the AC, the fan is inconsistent. Sometimes while driving, I’ll have the fan on low and randomly it will start blasting air. Changing the fan level won’t change how much air is blowing. Not the biggest deal because I can partially close the vents. However it would be nice for this to function properly.

With the heat, it will often blow max temperature heat even when it is set as low as 63F•. The only way to get it to change is to set it on low, but then it’s not really blowing heat out.

There are a couple other symptoms but those are the main ones. The big problem is that since these happen at random, I can’t get them to reproduce these problems when I take it in to the dealership for service and they won’t do anything about it if they don’t witness it. Any suggestions? It’s a pretty big problem, especially in winter with the heat. How long do I have before this isn’t under warranty anymore? I guess next time I take it in I’ll have to leave it with them to give them more time to try to reproduce the problem.

@fordmotorcompany
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is normal. It’s due to strategy Ford built into the HVAC system to open the fresh air inlet door even when the system is in recirculation mode. There is nothing you can do to change this.

When the door opens you get a rush of fresh air making it seem like the blower speed has changed. Here is an SSM explains why it happens.

Ford Bronco AC/Heat Issues? IMG_1505

Joer

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of BMWs, M5, 135i, x5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like I have the opposite complaint, if it’s relatively cool out and I have it set to 72 auto which is where I usually leave my cars, a lot of times I get ice cold air blowing hard from the dash vents even at the lowest auto setting. To stop the cold air I have to turn it up to at least 76 or so to get warm air even though it’s in the 50s or 60s outside. Also it is either cold air or hot air no in between.

I think the hvac system logic is poorly designed. I have BMWs and I can set them on 72 and forget about it, all I ever adjust is the fan speed if I want to but usually even that is perfect. I find myself adjusting the bronco hvac constantly.
Sponsored