Dolphins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands squatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took mine to a ford dealer yesterday.
They had it for the day and couldn’t replicate the issue. Said everything seemed to be working properly.
Left the dealer and it started to only blow hot on the way home.
Dropped it at another dealer before I got home.

I saw that the 2.3 in the mustang had evaporator and compressor issues that were similar.
It is very intermittent and only when it is hot or hot and humid outside. It was cool this morning when I dropped it off at ford.

I hope it’s not something I will be going back to the dealer to get looked at for the rest of the summer.
It’s Texas. The humid part.
Sponsored

Breylan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took mine to a ford dealer yesterday.
They had it for the day and couldn’t replicate the issue. Said everything seemed to be working properly.
Left the dealer and it started to only blow hot on the way home.
Dropped it at another dealer before I got home.

I saw that the 2.3 in the mustang had evaporator and compressor issues that were similar.
It is very intermittent and only when it is hot or hot and humid outside. It was cool this morning when I dropped it off at ford.

I hope it’s not something I will be going back to the dealer to get looked at for the rest of the summer.
It’s Texas. The humid part.
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue, and it's getting really frustrating that it's intermittent enough to not be replicated at two different dealers.

Dolphin Farts

Badlands
First Name
Dolphins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands squatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue, and it's getting really frustrating that it's intermittent enough to not be replicated at two different dealers.
It was a sensor that needed replaced.
it’s a sensor that is clipped to the Freon lines straight down in the engine bay from the diverter/blow off valve.
It’s in a hot spot of the engine and the clip was getting soft that held the sensor. It allowed the sensor to come loose.

get them to hook a computer up to the car so they can read the ac system sensors. They will probably find one reading a value of zero Off and on when you wiggle it.
I will post a photo of the sensor later today so you can test it yourself.

I believe it’s a Freon pressure sensor.

Breylan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it’s a sensor that is clipped to the Freon lines straight down in the engine bay from the diverter/blow off valve.
It’s in a hot spot of the engine and the clip was getting soft that held the sensor. It allowed the sensor to come loose.

get them to hook a computer up to the car so they can read the ac system sensors. They will probably find one reading a value of zero Off and on when you wiggle it.

This is excellent info, thanks very much!

Aschmurf

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jaguar XK-R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might not be a bad idea to try and get a heat wrap or heat shield on the sensor/clip to save it from the dramatic heat changes. Assuming it's accessible.

Sponsored

Osage202

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been seeing a rash of these on the Broncos. It is the AC pressure transducer. Located nearby the compressor.
Sometimes AC works intermittently, sometimes not at all. Pid for the ACP will read 0 psi, how ever manual guages will show there is proper amount of static pressure.
The sensor can be serviced separately from the ac line. 14m wrench. Upon inspection of the sensor appears to be cheaply made and not sealed properly like the replacement sensor will be.

Tfmorrell

First Edition
First Name
Mignonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you have a part number for this? Does the A/C have to be recharged ? Is there a TSB on it? My wife’s bronco has been in the shop for 2 weeks, this may help getting the dealership to fix it. If not I may do it my self……. Thanks Ford……

Slattimer

Big Bend
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought my bronco sport in February… turned the a/c on in May and the passenger side was blowing cold air but the drivers side was not. Took it back to dealer and they said there was a leak in the hose.
About a week ago cold air stopped coming out again. This time both sides. It’s warm air. Driving it around in 100 degree weather is horrible. Cannot get serviced until Tuesday.
Ford really needs to look into this. I have owned the car for 4 months and it has been in the shop now twice.
Also they told me they don’t do loaners but they were able to put me in a loaner when I did aftermarket add ons.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had an A/C issue a few weeks ago.

Brought it in to dealership and they found an in-vehicle temperature/humidity sensor was partially loose. They ensured the sensor was properly plugged in, reset the codes, all good now.

Deleted member 19381

To tell you the truth, I haven't even tried my A/C yet...guess I should see if it works...

Sponsored

Osage202

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
AC Pressure transducer part number is HG1Z 19D594 A.
The AC system does NOT have to be opened to change sensor out. No need to evac and recharge.
14mm wrench to remove and install.

Hunter2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 and 2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I own two wildtraks. One is a white 2021 with around 5k mikes have had only one issue with the ac and hasn’t happened again. Driving with ac on and passenger side suddenly goes hot. Stopped the car and it reset. Haven’t replicated the issue. The other Catcus Grey 2022, just picked it up a week ago. On day three both passenger and driver side ac went hot. Shutting down the car and restarting did not fix it. Car would cycle from working ac to not working while on a 15 minute drive. Happened again on day 6. Called dealer, going to have to take it in and get a loaner vehicle. One super frustrating part is the change Ford made on the temperature switches. Now you have to look at your screen to tell the temp. Much prefer the 2021 to the 2022.

Breylan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AC Pressure transducer part number is HG1Z 19D594 A.
The AC system does NOT have to be opened to change sensor out. No need to evac and recharge.
14mm wrench to remove and install.
Would you mind posting a photo where this is? My dealer has been pretty disappointing in getting this fixed so I'm going to just change this out and see what happens.

Breylan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had the Bronco into my dealer 4 times now, and they've replaced 2 parts their diagnostic told them were bad, as well as transducer mentioned above, which was reading fine, but I bought one and got them to install it just to try and solve for this. Still, after ~15 minutes working on any given day, it will completely stop functioning.

At this point, what can I do to escalate this? Take to a new dealer? I really enjoy the vehicle, but not having A/C in this midwestern weather, especially after multiple attempts to fix, is just killing the joy.

Valerie0794

Badlands
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my Bronco badlands in December and started noticing the same issue my AC was not working properly and decided to ignore it for a while now the only way I can get cold air is in Lo temp if I move it to 62 all I get is basically a heater.
Honestly I am getting disappointed with all the quality issues this Bronco has had. To start it was missing a plastic cover near the rear Door, starting to get paint to bubble up due to rust inside the paint and now the AC. This car has less than 4 months with me. Waiting so long for it and all this issues is making me question getting it. I do love driving it and how it looks but Ford’s Quality does not seem to be a priority for them.
Sponsored