First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to see what solutions anybody has for bronco raptor, cruise control relocation. I am currently running adaptive desert designs, which is made by dv8. They say the system works with a Bronco Raptor however, after seeing it in person and stalled and coming across issues, they may want to update their product. The issue I have after completing everything is it is saying that the sensor is blocked. I which I can completely see so trying to see what people have done to solve this issue. I included photos. I will try to get better ones during the day.

Any solutions to fix this problem will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5196.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg
Sponsored

CR_IN_UT

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Shelby Raptor, Bronco Raptor, Jeep 392, 05 LJ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the same relocation bracket and get the same error even though I have adaptive cruise turned off. I did call the customer service and they said it needed to be aimed up or down more and I haven't had the time to rip off the grill to do it, put it back together, drive it, etc.

Maybe they have a certain angle or degree that works and set it to that.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to see what solutions anybody has for bronco raptor, cruise control relocation. I am currently running adaptive desert designs, which is made by dv8. They say the system works with a Bronco Raptor however, after seeing it in person and stalled and coming across issues, they may want to update their product. The issue I have after completing everything is it is saying that the sensor is blocked. I which I can completely see so trying to see what people have done to solve this issue. I included photos. I will try to get better ones during the day.

Any solutions to fix this problem will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I am pretty sure DV8 and ADD are competitors... with different but similar brackets.

"Blocked" almost certainly means that you don't have it aligned. The plastic grill won't block the signal. The alignment is critical with very little margin for error.

Horizontal needs to be within +/- 3 degrees. If you have the DV8 bracket, there is a lot of slop in the bolt holes, so use a yardstick to determine the horizontal plane as accurately as you can.

Vertical is especially critical. The Ford spec for the factory mount is 90.0 degrees (straight ahead), however with it relocated people have found that pointing it downward by 1.5-2 degrees works better. Use a small digital level or phone app on the non-raised part of the sensor. If you have leveled your suspension, you may have to grind the DV8 bracket a little to provide enough adjustment range.

If you get sensor blocked errors, or if ACC is flakey/erratic or "loses" lock on the car in front of you, you will know it isn't aligned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slickace1500

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. All good info.

Sponsored

GrizzlyPete

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this exact problem and just remedied it today thanks to advice from rtaylor and others on another thread. Be sure to do all of the things rtaylor said, but you’ll also need to recalibrate the sensor in Forscan. I used Forscan Lite on my iPhone. It was a 2 step process: first reset the ACC sensor. Second recalibrate the sensor by taking it on a drive between 30-50 mph. Forscan will have a progress wheel telling you the percentage as it updates. It says it takes between 5-15 minutes. It was closer to 25 for me, but I was in heavy traffic. Good luck!

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am pretty sure DV8 and ADD are competitors... with different but similar brackets.

"Blocked" almost certainly means that you don't have it aligned. The plastic grill won't block the signal. The alignment is critical with very little margin for error.

Horizontal needs to be within +/- 3 degrees. If you have the DV8 bracket, there is a lot of slop in the bolt holes, so use a yardstick to determine the horizontal plane as accurately as you can.

Vertical is especially critical. The Ford spec for the factory mount is 90.0 degrees (straight ahead), however with it relocated people have found that pointing it downward by 1.5-2 degrees works better. Use a small digital level or phone app on the non-raised part of the sensor. If you have leveled your suspension, you may have to grind the DV8 bracket a little to provide enough adjustment range.

If you get sensor blocked errors, or if ACC is flakey/erratic or "loses" lock on the car in front of you, you will know it isn't aligned.
I believe ADD and DV8 are actually two arms of the same company. @DV8 Off-road correct me if I’m wrong.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe ADD and DV8 are actually two arms of the same company. @DV8 Off-road correct me if I’m wrong.
You are right, they are owned by the same private equity so probably share stuff the same as fox/zone/bds/jks.

JimVRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the ADD Rock Fighter bumper on my Raptor, Warn Winch, ADD ACC relocation bracket and camera relocation and everything works great for ACC. It was out of line with the initial install but tweaked and now works great (Angle was off a little bit the first time)

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the ADD Rock Fighter bumper on my Raptor, Warn Winch, ADD ACC relocation bracket and camera relocation and everything works great for ACC. It was out of line with the initial install but tweaked and now works great (Angle was off a little bit the first time)
Pics of the rig? You know... just for proof you have it.

(And maybe because I want it and would like to see it)

Sponsored