Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was time for a new grocery getter/run to the big city mobile so we bought a new 2023 Ford Explorer at a decent discount. We had a 2013 Explorer which I never liked. it was a great car, never caused a problem and did everything we asked of it I just never liked it. I think it was the fwd chassis layout. Nothing "felt" right. This new one...wow. Even though the two generations are kind of hard to tell apart in a parking lot, the new primarily RWD chassis gives it a totally different feel. I always buy stripped down models, but his new XLT has a lot of gizmos, but after learning a little on the Bronco it's easier on this one.

It is a 2.3 with the 10spd like my Bronco, auto 4wd of course, 3 row. We drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 row also and liked it's smaller size but they both drove about the same and with the killer 2023 deal we got we went with the Ford. Driving the 90 miles of interstate home the 2.3 got 31 mpg! Driving around town since it's dropping down to 29 now but I'll take it.
Ford Bronco Added a 2023 Explorer to the stable. 20240130_141951
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My brother has an Exploder ST as his dad van, and I have to admit it's pretty sweet. Suits his needs with two kids, and it's just quick enough for him to have a little fun merging on the highway.