First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
own
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have a picture or suggestion for adding a fuse tap for aux lighting not using aux switches? Preferably a switched fuse.. Did you use under hood box ?
Also what size fuse tap , any help would be great pictures/ diagrams ... thank you.....
My Bronco doesn't have aux switches
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm curious about what size fuse tap needs to be used on the Bronco. I thought it was a particular size but I ended up on the wrong side of that assumption. I'm now thinking it's a Micro 2 fuse tap but still not entirely sure. Thank goodness for Amazon free returns. Trying a Micro 2 tomorrow.

As for where to tap into...the under the hood fuse box is probably your best choice. Here's are some details on the under the hood fuse box that might be helpful. It's from another post on the forum and I don't think the labeling is complete but might help.

Ford Bronco Adding fuse tap 1647743073253

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Bronco uses a Micro 2 fuse tap (add a fuse) for any one else adding one. There are some locations on the engine compartment fuse block that are listed as "spares" and provide an amp rating but I found these locations were not active/wired. You'll have to piggyback off another existing fuse location.

Another issue with adding a fuse tap to the the engine compartment fuse block is the lid is a pretty tight fit with a plastic channel around the circumference that mates with another channel on the fuse block itself that doesn't allow the lid to close if a wire trails out of it. Working on a solution, which I think might be to file a small notch in the channels for the wire to make its way out. Otherwise, not seeing a designed point of egress for a wire on top of the block.

OP
OP

Brad666

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
own
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco uses a Micro 2 fuse tap (add a fuse) for any one else adding one. There are some locations on the engine compartment fuse block that are listed as "spares" and provide an amp rating but I found these locations were not active/wired. You'll have to piggyback off another existing fuse location.

Another issue with adding a fuse tap to the the engine compartment fuse block is the lid is a pretty tight fit with a plastic channel around the circumference that mates with another channel on the fuse block itself that doesn't allow the lid to close if a wire trails out of it. Working on a solution, which I think might be to file a small notch in the channels for the wire to make its way out. Otherwise, not seeing a designed point of egress for a wire on top of the block.

OP
OP

Brad666

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
own
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
thank you for advice... I ran power and ground straight to battery with inline relay and fuse... switch is illuminated and in a good spot, so I will not leave it on by accident

manolan478

Wildtrak
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 2.7L Sas Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same question about egress/ingress into the fuse box? Notching the side of the fuse box makes me thing I will get water in there at some point....

I noticed that some cables are coming in from the front side and under the fuse box, but that does not get me to the top side of where a fuse tap can be used.

Did you find a solution? The diaphragm entering the cabin of the Bronco so that you can run cables into and out of the cabin is quite interesting as it seems to be self sealing. However, the engine bay fuse box does not have this or I have not found it.
Sponsored