First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm looking at some hand me down bumpers with parking sensors for my base without sensors. Is this possible? I don't have access to my cars at the moment so I can't run forscan to see if the parking module is accessible or look and see if the wiring on the base is ready for the sensors, so I'm hoping someone knows more about this. If it is possible what is needed?
Sponsored

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. It is. It’s a bit of a pain. These have a parking aide module mounted to the frame. Do you’d have to add that module IF you don’t have any sensors.

the next hurdle is the sensors. Trying to drill holes or replace the bumpers? Also then wiring them all. Do you only add rear or do front and rear?

I haven’t determined how prewired the broncos are yet but it seems they are to some extent prewired.

it’s doable but doable depends on what you’re capable of and how much you want to put into it.

OP
OP

Will Burrrrr

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. It is. It’s a bit of a pain. These have a parking aide module mounted to the frame. Do you’d have to add that module IF you don’t have any sensors.

the next hurdle is the sensors. Trying to drill holes or replace the bumpers? Also then wiring them all. Do you only add rear or do front and rear?

I haven’t determined how prewired the broncos are yet but it seems they are to some extent prewired.

it’s doable but doable depends on what you’re capable of and how much you want to put into it.
I have take off mod bumpers with sensors already in them. Kind of hoping to just plug the sensors in and program in forscan. Adding a parking module is probably doable and even upgrading the bcm if needed. Installing a new body harness would be a stretch so hoping it doesn't require something like that.

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

welcome to Bronco 6G jesse-Infotainment glad your here!!!

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Methinks you also need to have the sensors calibrated after install or replacement (on any vehicle getting sensors replaced due to accident repair for example)

I have absolutely no clue if you can calibrate yourself or if needs done by dealer. I know for a fact that body shops can't calibrate BMW sensors as our X4 after deer damage repair required a trip to the dealer (which has no body shopbofvits own for some odd reason) for calibration

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, I saw the title and thought you needed this guidance.

I added Parking Sensors fairly easily:
Ford Bronco Adding parking sensors possible? 1680270572304

Then wait 2 years to get it. LOL

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that Ford says my wife's Bronco will be at the dealer in two weeks (I assume 1-2 months real time), I want to eventually add the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist to my base Bronco. Someone already did this here but he had the parking sensors from factory and he mentioned that the ACC might have the sensors as part of the package. Interested in this.
Sponsored