First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can we add it later? On S550 mustangs you can buy a mustang with a base stereo and later add the sync 3 from a newer mustang. It’s a little complicated but not impossible if you take your time. Pretty much need the dash kit, the newer stereo and the APIM, update the models. Wouldn’t that be something if we could upgrade with factory equipment when we can afford it.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been asked and debated a few times... and each time the conclusion is that we wont know until we know.

Comparing each dash, it appears that the 8" dash isn't just the 12" with a filler plate. The styling is different in a way that makes me suspect that you'll need to replace the entire dash panel to accommodate a 12" screen.

Beyond that, who's to say what will be simple plug-and-play, vs an ECU update, vs. needing a new harness, vs not at all possible without significant changes.

Upgrading 8 inch screen to 12 inch screen in aftermarket

Replacing 8" with 12" Screen?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just my opinion it would probably cost more than it's worth just to get the extra screen size

braasch77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my opinion it would probably cost more than it's worth just to get the extra screen size
I'm one of those people to whom the 12" screen is actually a big deal, but am frustrated that i have to get outer banks or higher with the high or lux package just to get the 12" screen which means buying Outer Banks or higher trim level.

I'm hoping that it can be added as an a la carte option or, as OP suggests it can be added after the fact. But as we all know, everything is up in the air until B&P drops.