Sponsored

Possible to upgrade 8 inch screen to 12 inch screen?

Iamdez99

Wildtrak
First Name
Dez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all,

I have a wildtrak bronco 2023 I love just don’t have the 12 inch screen or front camera and 360 camera. Do y’all know if it’s possible to install this? I’ve seen some mixed answers… I would appreciate your support.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all,

I have a wildtrak bronco 2023 I love just don’t have the 12 inch screen or front camera and 360 camera. Do y’all know if it’s possible to install this? I’ve seen some mixed answers… I would appreciate your support.
Thanks.
It certainly is possible. Only you can decide if it is worth it.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a 2016 Jeep where the previous owner upgraded the display. I believe he payed something like $3000 for the display alone... and it was 9". I think it was Alpine.

Seems like there must be a junked G6 Bronco out there somewhere with the display available. Not sure I'd want to tear up my dash to try and fit it in, but everybody is different.

For me... I'm happy with my 2Dr Base with the 8" display. Just doesn't seem like that extra screen real estate would be worth it. I mean... what are you looking at going down the road anyway?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Iamdez99 while I do have a functional prototype "Beta" (someone else seems to have beaten me to it on Facebook Marketplace I think; it's somewhere in one of the the 2 threads), I believe that through simple Forscan programming I can significantly reduce the amount of parts, which of course can greatly drop the costs involved. I still have my 8" APIMs and I want to try a straight up, "can it work with an 8" module," proof of concept. Stay tuned but from everything I've done throughout the project I truly believe it's possible to only need 1 wire, the dash, and 12" screen. Nav sounds like it may be messy but mine does work... kinda

edit: plotholes and spelling error

Last edited:

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base