Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think since you used the Ford module for sync 4, you should get the updates. When I had my F150, there was a company that did a 14.5 screen. It used the Ford module as part of the installation, as well as another module source from Ford. When all was said and done, the screen behaved just as a Ford OEM would, and I received updates and all.
That’s what I figured but wasn’t 100% certain. Thanks for letting us know!
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where are you getting two high end 65 oleds for 2500 bucks?

I love this, and if I can ever get some of the quirks out of this basesquatch and decide to keep it as a third vehicle I'd be up on this.
lol my bad I guess you can probably only get like 1.5 65” OLEDs for $2500… the point remains at that price the mod is a little ridiculous. I’d maybe think about it if it was like $500. To each their own though. It obviously looks great.

TacosTuesday

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, did the install on the infotainment kit today, unfortunately, i can't get the 12" display to power up. i sent a support email off. here's hoping it's just something silly.

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

well, did the install on the infotainment kit today, unfortunately, i can't get the 12" display to power up. i sent a support email off. here's hoping it's just something silly.
If would say if you haven’t already try going back through disconnecting everything from the screen and module and reconnect them firmly. This worked for me and no issues since then.

Sponsored
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got Infotainment’s 12” screen upgrade kit in today. For the most part everything is very straight forward and is not a hard install but is very tedious because of everything that has to come apart to get the new screen and apim module in there. It took me about 3 hours to complete. It would have been shorter BUT if you are getting this kit and installing it yourself be sure everything is fully connected by firmly pressing all connections in there. I had put everything together only to find out it didn’t work. Took it all apart and reconnected everything and it all worked like a charm. One thing I do not know at this time is the GPS. I have a black diamond with the standard equipment group and DID NOT have NAV. I will in the near future use there remote programming to add it on. I would assume if you already have NAV it would be plug and play as they suggest.

One other thing to note for anyone getting this kit. The connector you get from Infotainment for the APIM module you will see a lot of connectors. The big one which you connect into the module and there is only one other branching connector you use. That is the power connector and it is labeled 12 inch display. The rest you can tie up an and tuck away.

*EDIT* The NAV/GPS that is with will show your location when having it pulled up. Did not try fully using it such as directions or anything like that but with the provide GPS antenna it does show your location.

IMG_0927.jpeg

IMG_0926.jpeg
IMG_0928.jpeg
IMG_0930.jpeg
IMG_0931.jpeg
IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0931.jpeg
How long did it take for you to recieve it after placing the order?

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How was the programming side of it. Did you do it or did a technician do it?
I didn’t have NAV so if I want to activate it I will have to have it programmed which they do offer the service for it but will probably do it at a later date.

At this point no programming required. The included GPS antenna shows my location on the NAV tab but I can’t use any directions or any thing like that.

The biggest issue I had was the initial time putting everything together it did not work. I had to take apart and reconnect everything for it to work.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone who's done this: does it improve the response of the screen, the slow load/freeze times and the integration of apple carplay or android auto? The 8 inch screen is always locking up, freezing, slow, etc.

Sponsored

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone who's done this: does it improve the response of the screen, the slow load/freeze times and the integration of apple carplay or android auto? The 8 inch screen is always locking up, freezing, slow, etc.
So far less laggy and no issues with any freezing since switching to the larger screen.

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

kwil007

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just completed me install on my Wildtrak. The install was fairly straight forward just like Infotainments video. The hardest part I had was routing the wiring harness to keep it out of the way of the screen connectors. There are a lot of connectors on the wiring harness adapter that aren’t needed for the install as well that just get in the way. My Bronco also came with nav so I used the built in nav gps antenna not the one from Infotainment kit and had no issues, every worked better then expected.
Shipping was just under two weeks.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just completed me install on my Wildtrak. The install was fairly straight forward just like Infotainments video. The hardest part I had was routing the wiring harness to keep it out of the way of the screen connectors. There are a lot of connectors on the wiring harness adapter that aren’t needed for the install as well that just get in the way. My Bronco also came with nav so I used the built in nav gps antenna not the one from Infotainment kit and had no issues, every worked better then expected.
Shipping was just under two weeks.
I too received mine in just under two weeks. I completed my install tonight. Everything worked as advertised right out of the box. I echo your comments on routing all the extra wires. And like you, I used my factory GPS antennae. No complaints or install issues. I was just a tad worried that something may not interface correctly with my aftermarket amps, processor, speakers & sub. Happy to report that everything came online without issue.