Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2500 is too steep for me, but curious to hear how people make out with that kit!

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I plan to order in the spring. I have NAV already so it should be an easy swap, I only say easy because I have already taken the dash apart. It's too cold even in a garage to install it now. :(

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered it up as well. I'll more than likely install myself, but will evaluate after kit arrives.

Sponsored

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got Infotainment’s 12” screen upgrade kit in today. For the most part everything is very straight forward and is not a hard install but is very tedious because of everything that has to come apart to get the new screen and apim module in there. It took me about 3 hours to complete. It would have been shorter BUT if you are getting this kit and installing it yourself be sure everything is fully connected by firmly pressing all connections in there. I had put everything together only to find out it didn’t work. Took it all apart and reconnected everything and it all worked like a charm. One thing I do not know at this time is the GPS. I have a black diamond with the standard equipment group and DID NOT have NAV. I will in the near future use there remote programming to add it on. I would assume if you already have NAV it would be plug and play as they suggest.

One other thing to note for anyone getting this kit. The connector you get from Infotainment for the APIM module you will see a lot of connectors. The big one which you connect into the module and there is only one other branching connector you use. That is the power connector and it is labeled 12 inch display. The rest you can tie up an and tuck away.

*EDIT* The NAV/GPS that is with will show your location when having it pulled up. Did not try fully using it such as directions or anything like that but with the provide GPS antenna it does show your location.

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" IMG_0927

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" IMG_0926
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" IMG_0928
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" IMG_0930
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" IMG_0931
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" IMG_0932

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This seems cool until you realize you could almost buy two high-end 65”+ OLED TVs for this amount of money instead of gaining a measly 4” larger screen in a vehicle lol

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
This seems cool until you realize you could almost buy two high-end 65”+ OLED TVs for this amount of money instead of gaining a measly 4” larger screen in a vehicle lol

Where are you getting two high end 65 oleds for 2500 bucks?

I love this, and if I can ever get some of the quirks out of this basesquatch and decide to keep it as a third vehicle I'd be up on this.

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got Infotainment’s 12” screen upgrade kit in today. For the most part everything is very straight forward and is not a hard install but is very tedious because of everything that has to come apart to get the new screen and apim module in there. It took me about 3 hours to complete. It would have been shorter BUT if you are getting this kit and installing it yourself be sure everything is fully connected by firmly pressing all connections in there. I had put everything together only to find out it didn’t work. Took it all apart and reconnected everything and it all worked like a charm. One thing I do not know at this time is the GPS. I have a black diamond with the standard equipment group and DID NOT have NAV. I will in the near future use there remote programming to add it on. I would assume if you already have NAV it would be plug and play as they suggest.

One other thing to note for anyone getting this kit. The connector you get from Infotainment for the APIM module you will see a lot of connectors. The big one which you connect into the module and there is only one other branching connector you use. That is the power connector and it is labeled 12 inch display. The rest you can tie up a and tuck away.

How was swapping out the dash parts .i.e. airbag? I broke down and purchased the kit today. I figure I would run a little space heater into the Bronco to heat it up. I can do most of the work with the doors closed.

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How was swapping out the dash parts .i.e. airbag? I broke down and purchased the kit today. I figure I would run a little space heater into the Bronco to heat it up. I can do most of the work with the doors closed.
That part actually isn’t too bad. If you follow infotainment’s video it just takes a little prying to get the airbag out and once you get the one side out it is fairly easy to pull out the other side.

One thing to recommend is before fully putting the dash back together when the new screen is in, reconnect all electrical connections (i.e. air bag, A/C, push start button) and test to ensure everything is functional.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why?? 8 inch screen, 12 inch screen, 40 inch screen. All equally worthless by the time Nanny-Ford is done neutering the apps. “I’m sorry but this insanely useful feature is locked anytime you drive faster than an armadillo“

A better solution would be to just take a 12” tablet and gorilla tape it to your dash over the top of your infotainment screen. Orders of magnitude more useful.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s possible, and you don’t need the apim unless you want the built in navigation. Just get the screen and the bezel from your ford dealer. These guys are reputable, but it is highway robbery. They make it sound like they have done something special to make it work, trust me they haven’t. They are doing the same thing with wranglers, they say to use their infotainment.com bezel to go to an 8.4 and they send you a jeep part. Do it on your own, and forscan will be able to enable built in nav in the apim. If you want it. Don’t see who would these days?
So this just upgrades it from Sync 3 to Sync4a. You will need the APIM as the old APIM will only work correctly with the smaller screen. Also the split screen is also going to stay. You will have to put something custom to remove the split screen

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why?? 8 inch screen, 12 inch screen, 40 inch screen. All equally worthless by the time Nanny-Ford is done neutering the apps. “I’m sorry but this insanely useful feature is locked anytime you drive faster than an armadillo“

A better solution would be to just take a 12” tablet and gorilla tape it to your dash over the top of your infotainment screen. Orders of magnitude more useful.
That part actually isn’t too bad. If you follow infotainment’s video it just takes a little prying to get the airbag out and once you get the one side out it is fairly easy to pull out the other side.

One thing to recommend is before fully putting the dash back together when the new screen is in, reconnect all electrical connections (i.e. air bag, A/C, push start button) and test to ensure everything is functional.
Thanks for the advice. I had a thought if we have parts that are not in our build will we still get OTA updates? I forgot to ask.

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the advice. I had a thought if we have parts that are not in our build will we still get OTA updates? I forgot to ask.
That I am not 100%. I’m not sure if that is based on any original equipment and modules that the vehicle was built with or if it’s based on the current module in the vehicle. That question will be better suited for someone that has a bit more knowledge on that process.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That I am not 100%. I’m not sure if that is based on any original equipment and modules that the vehicle was built with or if it’s based on the current module in the vehicle. That question will be better suited for someone that has a bit more knowledge on that process.
I would think since you used the Ford module for sync 4, you should get the updates. When I had my F150, there was a company that did a 14.5 screen. It used the Ford module as part of the installation, as well as another module source from Ford. When all was said and done, the screen behaved just as a Ford OEM would, and I received updates and all.
Sponsored