Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good alternative. I'll probablay pay at most 2k. Hopefully they drop the price down the road.

DoubleK

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good alternative. I'll probablay pay at most 2k. Hopefully they drop the price down the road.
I'm hoping for Stinger to come up with a Heigh10 solution, but dont know how likely that is with all the Sync stuff tied in.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I should have MY writeup done end of today, but here are some pics... Grand Duchess Fiona would 't leave me alone so there is my intern.

Keep in mind that from scratch I have added NAV so my info may vary if all you want is the screen. It's actually not a big stretch to add it. I'm STILL diagnosing the why of the navigation jumping around- I think there is a compass calibration (radio power/center button and arrows left next to it for a few seconds, then speaker test) but again I have finite time to do this, which is a lot of nickel/dime time.

The important info is that I was not able to get the 8" module to work with the 12" screen, even with some ridiculous wire terminal play. Is it worth your while to play with wires, instead of just buying the pigtail connector? No.

The parts list will come later tonight, as I have more comparison pics of parts I still need to take.

PXL_20231231_201432378.jpg

PXL_20231231_201421443.jpg

PXL_20231231_185441966.jpg

PXL_20231231_185407836.jpg

PXL_20231231_185424710.jpg

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, so I'm done with the hardware, but realized my work computer doesn't have an ethernet port, which I need to show HOW to program the module... and since I'm not home I have to reassemble to get Shadowmere to a laptop with that ethernet port. A lot of the connectors and adapters, you'll use once to program the module and probably never need again, so maybe I'll just sell them to someone on here.

Thanks for your patience

Sponsored

TacosTuesday

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I watched the ending of the video as they do a great job covering the R&I of the dash; What I didn't see covered was a base model Bronco like mine, that won't have come with any connected options except Fordpass start and lock/unlock only; not sure if the Big Bend came with Nav or not with the 8" screen... Since everything I just did today was actually covered in the vid, no reason for me to post it. Now, I'm trying to double-check part numbers, but it looks like just a hair over $2k IF the dealership honors the Repairlink pricing, and I have yet to have a dealership say no when bartering with what Repairlink shows ("Price," not "Listing price"). I checked out the aftermarket infotainment site posted above, and I did not see the GPS/SiriusXM antennae cable included in the kit. You will be paying about $500 more for their kit, but you also won't have to wire in the 4-pin pigtail for the screen power. I think their kit is very nice, and indeed worth the cost- IF you must have the 12" screen.

I'm personally on the fence, and I'm only debating on keeping the 12" in mine because I have so much invested in it. I like the 8" for it's simplicity, and while riding the trails it's easier to brace your fingers on the dash when trying to hit something on the screen. It's hard to hit the right button sometimes while going over branches and deep holes with the mighty 12". The 8" screen may not be as large and pretty, but it's also not overwhelming with so many side screens, the right side most of which is useless to me. Thanks Ford, but I don't need to see 1/3 of the screen showing my phone is connected via Android Auto.

I'll try running a couple more VINs tomorrow, but this should be the parts list of what we would need to buy to do it yourselves:
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" 1704083010657

Sorry I failed you all, but at least someone who's day-job was to do this, finally got a working product available to you in a kit. Y'all have a happy new year, and I'll make certain the part numbers are all correct. If anyone is interested, yes I'll upload the how-to program your APIM, or I can run anyone through it in a one-on-one PM

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i just ordered this kit. here's hoping for the best!
You have a Badlands; did yours come with any connected services? Nav? I'd love to know how hardcore their testing was between models, specifically will the nav or Android Auto jump all over the place randomly. If you need help to program any of it, hit me up

TacosTuesday

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, i got nav & connected services. thanks for the offer Schwaggie! hopefully it goes smooth.

You have a Badlands; did yours come with any connected services? Nav? I'd love to know how hardcore their testing was between models, specifically will the nav or Android Auto jump all over the place randomly. If you need help to program any of it, hit me up

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah, i got nav & connected services. thanks for the offer Schwaggie! hopefully it goes smooth.
Hmmm... maybe that's why they don't show the Sirius/GPS antenna splitter in the pics... again, because they didn't do it for a base base. But, knowing NAV was available on the 8" helps me to use more VINs at dealerships to compare different variations of the programmed files.

I really hope it's all literally plug & play!!!

Sponsored

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered it as well and I have a black diamond with the base equipment group so no NAV. Talking with them they said it is plug and play with if I don't want the NAV. I may have it programmed later for it but didn't want to pay for their rented tablet for the programming.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered it as well and I have a black diamond with the base equipment group so no NAV. Talking with them they said it is plug and play with if I don't want the NAV. I may have it programmed later for it but didn't want to pay for their rented tablet for the programming.
Yeah... I'd ask about the NAV now and if they sell the splitter listed in what I posted. It sucks pulling that whole dash apart over and over. Not hard, just making the time to do it. At least the tools are simple: Torx 30 for the handles, 10mm socket for the airbag, and 7mm socket for all the screws.

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah... I'd ask about the NAV now and if they sell the splitter listed in what I posted. It sucks pulling that whole dash apart over and over. Not hard, just making the time to do it. At least the tools are simple: Torx 30 for the handles, 10mm socket for the airbag, and 7mm socket for all the screws.
From it sounded like and watching the install they provide the antenna for the NAV and all that is needed is for it to be programmed but definitely will follow up about the splitter

NorseBroncman

Black Diamond
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 22 BMW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dying to hear how this turns out. I have a black diamond with Nav and connected services that I want to upgrade

calx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '98 Nissan Stagea
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will be following this thread—curious about this!
Sponsored