Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm figuring that if I end up buying a top from any of these sources, I'll probably just make the drive down there from Sacramento, get the top installed down there, and drive home. Make it a two-day trip, less than a day travel each way, and some time to see some sights along the way.
Don't forget to leave your existing soft top at home :)
The point of this thread was for me to ask about the feasibility of keeping my soft top on for the trip down, and carrying it back inside my vehicle on the way home.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Saying the Jeep top is cheaper isn’t fair. The jeep tops has been out for years now. Manufactures have had the time to take advantage of economies of scale.

$695 for the mic top is $695 plus the cost of the standard top.

Just like the Bronco, any new product has been introduced at a premium. The company has to recoup their R/D cost. Thats business 101. When the first iPhone dropped it was full retail at ATT for a few years. Now you can get an iPhone at a considerable discount.

I’m interested in what ADV is going to do different than FORD. Come 2023, FORD will have their own painted modular hard top. Whats going to set ADV apart from FORD? From what ADV has presented, I don’t see anything revolutionary, I could be mistaken. If they introduced a glass roof or a light weight carbon top, I’d be very interested. What will the demand be for their hardtop once FORD packages their Broncos with a comparable product? Netscape began to die once PC manufactures began packaging PC’s with Internet Explorer.

Last edited:

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$5,750 before options and before freight shipping (which is going to be EXPENSIVE even for me being in the same state as you all) is steep. I was hoping for it to be around $6,000 out-the-door but now I'm bummed. May end up waiting a year or so to see what other companies come out with instead.

Love your hood options, but real bummer the tops seem a bit too pricy to be enticing.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ADV Bronco Hardtop Pricing ANNOUNCED 4F9D8D26-FBC9-44B4-A539-A3DAE9461796

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prove to us via decibel readings that the top is more quiet than OEM and you might hook us
My impression is that ADV's intent was to try to make something as close as they could get to what the Ford/Webasto top was supposed to be. So, noise levels will probably be comparable to the Ford/Webasto top, if you're comparing it to a non-defective version.

Patriot Fastbacks makes a big point of their tops being exceptionally sturdy, well-insulated, and quiet. Being a cranky old man that doesn't like any excessive, unnecessary noise, that is a very big selling point for me. ADV's hope of getting me to consider buying their product rather than Patriot's, rested on being able to offer it at a much lower price. So far, looks like they're going to fail at that.

I also don't like the back slant on ADV's product, cutting into my cargo space. I'm going to have a lot of stuff that I need to carry in that space. At least it's not nearly as bad as that abomination that South Florida Jeeps is trying to sell for $9250.

Last edited:

schlotzj

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I’m out…I will wait for other aftermarket options that will make pricing more reasonable. As of now ADV is the only one which is why there is such a high premium!!

Sponsored

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silliness. Just plain ol silliness. Great roll out ADV.
Sponsored